Festin' in Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festin' in Place

Listening to Aaron Neville. such a pleasure. Gospel. This show is from Jazzfest 2009. Cannot recall if I saw it or not. One year he did his gospel set with just himself and fake backup from a machine. So bogus. Anyone remember what year that was? His gospel sets became an optional event for me after that. This is splendid.

Forgive me and indulge me please and I am going to resist on commenting upon every performer but this occurred to me and I did have to comment. Listening to Theresa Andersson and reminiscing about back in the day when she and Anders were an "item". That was some kinda music with those two.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
      Forgive me and indulge me please and I am going to resist on commenting upon every performer but this occurred to me and I did have to comment. Listening to Theresa Andersson and reminiscing about back in the day when she and Anders were an "item". That was some kinda music with those two.
      You're right. Where has Theresa been lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Last I heard she married the (former) drummer from World Leader Pretend and moved to Shreveport.

Comment

Seems like she kind of stepped away after having her baby but I don't really know.

Comment

She sang backup vocals and played violin with Neville Jacobs at Shaggy's Crawfish Fest in 2019. She also joined that group at the same event in 2017 along with Shira Elias from Turkuaz.

Comment

I have seen her performing around town with others from time to time. She was onstage with Anders last December at Tips. Not at all into that set they played yesterday. I have heard her live before and it was a much different type of music. I saw her many times when she was with Anders back in the 90s. They put on some great shows.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I have seen her performing around town with others from time to time. She was onstage with Anders last December at Tips. Not at all into that set they played yesterday. I have heard her live before and it was a much different type of music. I saw her many times when she was with Anders back in the 90s. They put on some great shows.
                The first time I saw Anders at the Bayou Boogaloo in Norfolk, Va, Theresa was in the band and did most of the heavy lifting that day. I got the impression Anders was incredibly hung over and their mid afternoon on a very hot June day slot did not seem to be agreeing with him. Was that in the nineties?

Comment

The first time I saw Anders at the Bayou Boogaloo in Norfolk, Va, Theresa was in the band and did most of the heavy lifting that day. I got the impression Anders was incredibly hung over and their mid afternoon on a very hot June day slot did not seem to be agreeing with him. Was that in the nineties?
                  Yeah she was out of the picture by 98-99. It may have been more than a hangover. He was a mess back then. He is like a totally different person today than back then although I'm sure many of us are.

Comment

My favorite moment with her was the 2nd Sunday night show at TIps in '07, I think the 2nd year dumpstaphunk was in that slot with these guys below opening, 5-6-07

(thanks swag.com)
                    The Trio
                    (Johnny Vidacovich, George Porter Jr., Theresa Andersson, June Yamagishi, Trombone Shorty and Ivan Neville)
                    They blew the place up. M I S S I S S I P P I.

D'phunk doing the Sopranos theme (woke up this morning) with Shorty was pretty rowdy too. Great night.

Comment

Theresa was really on a roll before she wound it down. That solo tapeloop thing she was doing was unique and wonderful....She did a DVD that's essential if you can still find it. Only other person onstage was Toussaint for one song.

The Festing in Place set was nice, but it was from earlier when she was doing more straight ahead rock.
                      Last edited by bRETT; 1 week ago.

Comment

I so enjoyed the past weekend offering. Can't wait until Friday.

Comment

Outstanding job curating those shows! Fabulous music.

Our friends own The Abbey on Decatur. We got them a sign:

Comment

Working...
                          X