Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turner Classic Movies showing music documentaries all day and night today (Labor Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turner Classic Movies showing music documentaries all day and night today (Labor Day)

Nice lineup:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/

Just saw and enjoyed the Leon Russell film for the first time. Pretty funky stuff, there.

Comment

Watched Hendrix at Monterey last night. What a performance. And he appeared to be operating from another planet. Wowza.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        Watched Hendrix at Monterey last night. What a performance. And he appeared to be operating from another planet. Wowza.
        Was watching the "Hendrix" documentary that was on before the Monterey one. It did include the "Like A Rolling Stone" from Monterey
        that I have always loved, Jimi "boring" us for six or seven minutes.

Comment

Thanks for this. I've been reading a lot about cuba recently and the doc on right now is about their music. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
            Just saw and enjoyed the Leon Russell film for the first time. Pretty funky stuff, there.
            Thats a good one!

Comment

Caught the end of Tom Waits concert from 87 and a bit of Dylan's Don't Look Back. I wish we had a channel that did this all the time. I'll be back tonight for Woodstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                I'll be back tonight for Woodstock.
                Are you and the rev going together?

Comment

"Don't take the brown Geritol."

Comment

I would have loved to have seen that but gave up cable years ago. Grew up a big Leon fan. Used to play Leon Live until the grooves wore out. I saw him on that Wedding Tour at Nassau Coliseum back in 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I would have loved to have seen that but gave up cable years ago. Grew up a big Leon fan. Used to play Leon Live until the grooves wore out. I saw him on that Wedding Tour at Nassau Coliseum back in 1976.
                      I saw him more than once back in the early seventies when he had many of the musicians from the Bonnie and Delaney/Mad Dogs and Englishmen/Derek and the Dominoes band with him. His best period in my estimation.

Comment

About the Leon Russell Doc.....
                        Awhile back, we watched a documentary about a club in the warehouse district that hosted every big act that passed through N.O.
                        It looked to us, that a lot of the footage in the documentary was filmed there (oddly, we recognized the rafters).
                        Can anyone confirm this? The credits and Wiki were no help....

Comment

Benny would like this thread.

Comment

Otis!!!

Comment

I saw him more than once back in the early seventies when he had many of the musicians from the Bonnie and Delaney/Mad Dogs and Englishmen/Derek and the Dominoes band with him. His best period in my estimation.
                              Yeah he was good when I saw him in the 70s but I was a few years late to catch him at his peak. I saw him a few times years later but he always played that lame sounding keyboard and obviously had health issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X