Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

In YOUR head? Now that's a scary place

Long time no hear. How are you and yours doing?

Best wishes. Missed you this year.
    We've been hanging out at the house mostly, but so far no sickness. I'm going to be a grandma in Feb and the youngest is engaged.
    How about you and the lovely Missus? Doing well, I hope. I missed a lot of people this year, including y'all. Fingers crossed for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post

We've been hanging out at the house mostly, but so far no sickness. I'm going to be a grandma in Feb and the youngest is engaged.
      How about you and the lovely Missus? Doing well, I hope. I missed a lot of people this year, including y'all. Fingers crossed for next year.
      Big Time congratulations on the pending "grandma" situation. That becoming a grandparent and all of the joys associated (including packing them up and sending them home) is by all evidence just about as much fun as the good lord allows.
      We both are doing well. We are lucky to be so isolated or at least lightly populated and removed substantially from virtually all of the social issues that have engulfed our country. I look at the ocean all day, go up on the top deck for drinks and watch the sun set over the sound at sunset. It's been a record year for tourists as they have all desperately tried to get away from shootings and break-ins, ect. but they have been generally well behaved. We just have to be vigilant about social distancing.
      Missing you at the Patry was as I said a big disappointment to both of us. Like you said "fingers crossed".
      Stay healthy........Granny

Comment

Looking for a good game tonight. There are a few people in the stands, team members' close friends and family.

Comment

Plenty of room on The Bears bandwagon

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
            Looking for a good game tonight. There are a few people in the stands, team members' close friends and family.
            Keep looking. Sigh.

Comment

The original Saints

Won their first finals game in 10 years down here this arvo. Despite the best efforts of the umpires to undo their lead

They still have a hard road ahead, playing the reigning Premier in a knock out final next week, but we are on the way up after a lengthy lean spell.

With luck this may inspire injury plagued New Orleans Saints to fire up this weekend.

Geaux Saints

Comment

If 2020 hasn't been bad enough:

Lightning win Stanley Cup with the final played in Canada.
                Rays currently have best record in AL. If they make the World Series it will be played in Texas.
                But if the Bucs make the Super Bowl it's a home game. Go figure.

Comment

Nice win for the Saints this evening. Boy, the announcers sure do love Drew Brees, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
                    Nice win for the Saints this evening. Boy, the announcers sure do love Drew Brees, huh?
                    A win, but they pulled it out of their ass. Lutz is the star of the Saints show. Lose the damn penalties defense. All that said, Go Saints!

Comment

That 2nd half was fun to watch !! We would've lost to a better team. Need to work on these slow starts. Looking forward to having Thomas back next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

A win, but they pulled it out of their ass. Lutz is the star of the Saints show. Lose the damn penalties defense. All that said, Go Saints!
                        The penalties were one big bright spot, I thought. Overall, the Saints had just 5 penalties for 60 yards. The roughing the kicker one was bad, of course. They had 3 offensive holding calls. The only defensive penalty all night was the roughing the passer in OT.

Compared to the first 4 games, it was a huge improvement.
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Well, is it merely idle threats and extortion attempts, or does it seem possible the New Orleans Saints football fans may actually, finally get to see some REAL football? Out of doors? In the real world as God intended? Even if they have to travel to Baton Rouge.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                            Well, is it merely idle threats and extortion attempts, or does it seem possible the New Orleans Saints football fans may actually, finally get to see some REAL football? Out of doors? In the real world as God intended? Even if they have to travel to Baton Rouge.
                            I'm not sure its a threat. Normally, a local government might respond to an event discussing a move, because they don't want to lose the revenue, both direct and ancillary. But with no fans, there is no revenue. Any move would be temporary, with the team returning as soon as the Dome can host as many fans as LSU. So what would the city actually be losing?

And the move may actually make sense, at least in terms of fan safety, as an outdoor stadium is probably a safer environment than an indoor dome.

Whether the team might regret it, come a cold rainy November day with a field torn up by a college game the day before...

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Maybe it's a good idea, since the last time the Saints played Tiger Stadium it was only 25% filled anyway............Oh Katrina, what have you done?

Comment

Really hurt not having a crowd on a Monday night overtime game. LaToya Da Destroya....

Comment

Working...
                                X