No announcement yet.

Saints 2020/The Road to Tampa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well at least The Saints are 7-2 but with Drew out for who knows how long it will be hard to win the division and even harder to get the #1 seed in The NFC, For those not paying attention Drew Brees has 5 broken ribs and a punctured lung after getting flattened in the game yesterday at the dome. It turns out 2 were broken last week in Tampa. Not sure how as I don't remember him even getting hit very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
      Well at least The Saints are 7-2 but with Drew out for who knows how long it will be hard to win the division and even harder to get the #1 seed in The NFC, For those not paying attention Drew Brees has 5 broken ribs and a punctured lung after getting flattened in the game yesterday at the dome. It turns out 2 were broken last week in Tampa. Not sure how as I don't remember him even getting hit very hard.
      Ouch! I knew that he had a "contusion" of the rib cage but nothing of the seriousness. Cannot think of an injury that is more painful than the rib cage. I know that there are others but that rib deal is agonizing. This is a tough nut.

Comment

I am not extremely worried. Jameis Winston can throw the ball and it might open up the long game. And Taysom Hill will continue to be utilized as he has been effective of late. Plus the running game is strong as is the defense. I expect Sean Payton will come up with a winning strategy. They have a strong leg up in the division with their wins over Tampa. Let's hope it's like last year when Bridgewater filled in with the Saints doing just enough to win.

I vividly remember seeing Steve Young's career end in one play with him crumpled on the ground. I hope this is not the end for Drew but it is gonna take a while for all that to heal enough to allow him to take hits again.
        Last edited by chopitulas; 1 week ago.

Comment

You never want your starting QB to be hurt, but if it has to happen, schedule-wise this is a good time. The next four opponents are the Falcons, Broncos, Falcons, and Eagles. All are below 500, with a combined record of 12-23-1.
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Drew says "he'll be back in no time". That is one tough MoFo. I had a collapsed lung in my 20's and spent 10 days in the hospital. As Swag stated, a lot of 'soft' teams coming up and hopefully Drew will be ready for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
              I am not extremely worried. Jameis Winston can throw the ball and it might open up the long game. And Taysom Hill will continue to be utilized as he has been effective of late. Plus the running game is strong as is the defense. I expect Sean Payton will come up with a winning strategy. They have a strong leg up in the division with their wins over Tampa. Let's hope it's like last year when Bridgewater filled in with the Saints doing just enough to win.

I vividly remember seeing Steve Young's career end in one play with him crumpled on the ground. I hope this is not the end for Drew but it is gonna take a while for all that to heal enough to allow him to take hits again.
              A preview of next season?

Comment

Remember last year when Drew broke his thumb and we all thought our season was over? Teddy won all five games when he replaced Drew. We have a great defense, and Winston and Hill are good players (not elite like Drew, but they're good). I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do in the next few games.

Comment

Do you agree with starting Taysom Hill this Sunday?

Comment

I woulda started Jameis to see if he could run the passing game or open things up by going deep, using Taysom as he has been used. Taysom also seems to be more effective later in the game when the defense may be a little tired and his strength and quickness are a lot to deal with.

Comment

I agree with Chop, but I'm sure both will get plenty of snaps. Taysom definitely has rank over Winston and maybe that's why he gets the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                        Do you agree with starting Taysom Hill this Sunday?
                        No. Should be interesting. I guess we finally get to see if he can actually run an offense and pass the ball. I hope he holds onto the ball, he has been fumbling the ball a lot lately.

From ESPN "Hill took all the starter reps at practice this week, according to the source. A source also told ESPN's Dianna Russini that Winston will not be part of any offensive packages unless needed because of injury."
                        Last edited by jjazznj; 5 days ago.

Comment

Great showing by Taysom Hill and the Defense yesterday. No Brees, no Latimore, no problem. Should be a good one in Denver this Sunday. The Bronco's played great D against the Dolphins and the high altitude will require some getting used to for the Saints.

Comment

Working...
                          X