ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duende View Post
    I was wondering - in the absence of well-attended tourist-attracting festivals, conventions, sporting events, etc - if the LA State Troopers were still a presence in New Orleans to "assist" NOPD in the deterring of crime outside the French Quarter proper. If no, what is the tipping-point of homicides, uncharged/dismissed percentage of suspects, and public/business outcry before the U.S. Justice Dept. steps in or threatens the state with taking over, forcing the governor to intervene and send troopers?

And, on the festival futures front, anyone else going down memory lane and reviewing/preserving all of the postponed prepaid event tix they have squirreled-away in various phone wallets, ticket apps, iBooks, and email confirmations? For us it's starting to get a bit daunting... do my postponed Fest club shows get refunded if I don't make the re-scheduled show in a different season altogether? Kidding - I've already written those tickets off as Ticketmaster donations.
    The contract with The La State Troopers ran out at the end of the year and the city cannot afford a new one so they are not here anymore. There were usually around eight to ten of them in The Quarter. Outside of The Quarter? I never see any of them.

Comment

• If you are like me, you hate Ticketmaster. So glad that last year NOJF did not use them as the purveyor. It was like yesteryear when you sent NOJF a self addressed stamped envelope and the tix arrived several weeks later. The small service charge was gladly paid. Unlike the exorbitant fees collected by Live Nation (parent company of Ticketmaster).

Comment

• This was published last week (1/6), but I just came across it today:
        https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...bd7f386d2.html

This nugget of info:
        The board of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation, the nonprofit that owns the festival, is scheduled to meet next week. That may be when a final determination is made.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Gun violence in Philadelphia was at a historic high in 2020.
          yep, not just nola. Murder rate where I live is highest in 25 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post
            And, on the festival futures front, anyone else going down memory lane and reviewing/preserving all of the postponed prepaid event tix they have squirreled-away in various phone wallets, ticket apps, iBooks, and email confirmations? For us it's starting to get a bit daunting... do my postponed Fest club shows get refunded if I don't make the re-scheduled show in a different season altogether? Kidding - I've already written those tickets off as Ticketmaster donations.
            I received refunds for everything other than the Storytellers show with Anders, Stanton, Ivan and GPJr. BrownBag tickets has stopped to responding to my email inquiries

Comment

• I think I still have postponed tix for GAT at Tip's and Blackberry Smoke w/NoMiss Allstars at HOB. I honestly can't remember if I got refunded for Foundations of Funk at that "Fillmore" place. First-world problems, I know...

Comment

• Originally posted by halley8 View Post

I received refunds for everything other than the Storytellers show with Anders, Stanton, Ivan and GPJr. BrownBag tickets has stopped to responding to my email inquiries
                We reported Brown Paper tickets to the Better Business Bureau, I believe, when they quit returning phone calls and emailed requests for a refund of a canceled event we held tickets for in NorCal.. and they eventually returned our money. Is BrownBag a separate organization?

Comment

• https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ic-1234882673/
                  Fauci believes it can happen in the Fall. Save him a seat in Economy Hall.

Comment

• Originally posted by cp_deb View Post

We reported Brown Paper tickets to the Better Business Bureau, I believe, when they quit returning phone calls and emailed requests for a refund of a canceled event we held tickets for in NorCal.. and they eventually returned our money. Is BrownBag a separate organization?
                    Sorry its Brown Paper...not bag

Comment

• I have a reservation booked for three weeks in October, unfortunately, arriving after the rumored FQF dates, but might adjust my dates, depending on JF.
                      I get my first covid shot on Friday.

I JUST WANT A PATRY!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
                        I have a reservation booked for three weeks in October, unfortunately, arriving after the rumored FQF dates, but might adjust my dates, depending on JF.
                        I get my first covid shot on Friday.

I JUST WANT A PATRY!!
                        Thank you SO much for the guitar picks, btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Thank you SO much for the guitar picks, btw.
                          You're welcome!

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

You're welcome!
                            One can only hope that you also included explanations and some illustration explaining just exactly how said “picks” are appropriately used.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                              nola.com reporting FQF looking at 9/30-10/3, but the festival wouldn't comment on those dates.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...8c46b3128.html
                              These dates are confirmed, per their website.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEXFESTFAN View Post

These dates are confirmed, per their website.
                                I think FQF is worthy of its own thread. BRB...

Comment

Working...
                                X