No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping Swag is right ( he often is ) as I was looking forward to The Who, Stevie Nicks, Dead and Co., Black Crows.......being the BNA loving Rock N' Roller that I am.

Comment

• I booked my airfare and I'm looking forward to crushing some cold ones with MG and Stacy at Gentilly stage in a few months. Don't care who is playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
        Golly gee, if one appreciates and enjoys irony as much as I do than this is a real kicker. Conventional wisdom in the medical community so I am told holds that the covid vaccinations effectiveness is roughly five months. Everyone in America vaccinated by May 1 and let me see, one, two, three, four, five months. Well darn, holy smokes, just as everyone's vaccine is losing it's effectiveness along comes Jazzfest.
        Well now, my oh my. Swag and the other sycophants who jumped on the Bandwagon, Hey now, perhaps you're correct, and perhaps you are not? As I said previously, I just know what I read. I hope the vaccinations last a lifetime. That would be grand and only time will tell. For the record however, in spite of what the medical professionals here on this forum declared, today Pfizer said six months.

Comment

• Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
          I saw Makaya McCraven at Winter Jazz Fest in NYC last year right before the pandemic began--it was a great set (with Brandee Younger, Joel Ross, Greg Ward, Marquis Hill, Junius Paul).

That would be an excellent booking.
          No doubt. That's a great band. So much outstanding jazz played by younger artists these days that never seems to make it to The Fest or New Orleans in general. I don't remember him playing here over the last 5 years or so that I've been back.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Well now, my oh my. Swag and the other sycophants who jumped on the Bandwagon, Hey now, perhaps you're correct, and perhaps you are not? As I said previously, I just know what I read. I hope the vaccinations last a lifetime. That would be grand and only time will tell. For the record however, in spite of what the medical professionals here on this forum declared, today Pfizer said six months.
            Pfizer did NOT say that the effectiveness of the vaccine expires or in any way diminishes after six months. They said the opposite of that. They said that six months after vaccination, the vaccine is still highly effective. They can't say definitively how much longer it lasts because it hasn't been out in the field for more than six months, but the present data is encouraging.

Comment

• Macintosh is 100% correct. The study is a reason for optimism. Cautious optimism, but optimism nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by macintosh View Post

Pfizer did NOT say that the effectiveness of the vaccine expires or in any way diminishes after six months. They said the opposite of that. They said that six months after vaccination, the vaccine is still highly effective. They can't say definitively how much longer it lasts because it hasn't been out in the field for more than six months, but the present data is encouraging.
                Don’t bother; he’s willfully obtuse.

It’s his thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                  I booked my airfare and I'm looking forward to crushing some cold ones with MG and Stacy at Gentilly stage in a few months. Don't care who is playing.
                  Don't forget the frozen rose at the AARP tent! Meet you there!

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

Don't forget the frozen rose at the AARP tent! Meet you there!
                    Me n Christy n Bruce sipping frozay in the aarp tent mark your calendars!

Comment

• Did someone say frosť?

Mark me down for a heavy-lifter shift!

Comment

• My kids are loving this lineup and begging to go.

Comment

• Yep, flights and accommodations all booked. Seriously can't wait for Jazzfest! I haven't been able to make it back since Elton John in 2014, it's about damn time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post
                            Did someone say frosť?

Me n Christy n Bruce n Lit sipping the frosť in the AARP tent!

Comment

Me n Christy n Bruce n Lit sipping the frosť in the AARP tent!
                              With 20/20 vision.

Comment

I booked my airfare and I'm looking forward to crushing some cold ones with MG and Stacy at Gentilly stage in a few months. Don't care who is playing.
                                Woo hoo !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X