No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw Tedeschi Trucks Band cancelled their summer Wheels Of Soul tour for this year. Sure hope they are on the bill if Jazz Fest comes off.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
      I just saw Tedeschi Trucks Band cancelled their summer Wheels Of Soul tour for this year. Sure hope they are on the bill if Jazz Fest comes off.
      They did say they were going to play some socially distanced gigs this Summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
        I just saw Tedeschi Trucks Band cancelled their summer Wheels Of Soul tour for this year. Sure hope they are on the bill if Jazz Fest comes off.
        In October they usually do a residency at the Beacon Theater in NYC... after them cancelling their summer tour, who knows...

Comment

• The Astros home opener at near-capacity will be an “are we ready to resume” litmus test for other large-scale gatherings this spring/summer. Our favorite local beer garden that has live music on the weekends has been operating at <half capacity and has a strict policy of requiring that patrons sit at their table and wear their masks whenever they’re away from the table (trips to the bar, food truck, bathroom) - they still had to 86 a rebellious (tipsy? Or just kooky?) woman last weekend who flitted from table to table, dancing in front of the band, and generally not wearing her mask. If I had to guess, the crowd there Saturday night might have been split between being relieved that she was gone, and feeling like the house was being heavy-handed in giving her the boot. Now think back a few short years to the SRO-only demarcation line at Acura - and how long it took the Fest staff to get the attendees to comply. I think we’re all going to have to protect ourselves in these types of events because the job of getting folks to do the right thing - not just for themselves, but for others - is ridiculously hard. Oh, and I’m playing that beer garden this Saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

They did say they were going to play some socially distanced gigs this Summer.
            TTB is currently organizing a number of socially-distanced, limited capacity shows for this Summer, so please stand by for a forthcoming announcement about TTB’s return to the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post
              Now think back a few short years to the SRO-only demarcation line at Acura - and how long it took the Fest staff to get the attendees to comply. I think we're all going to have to protect ourselves in these types of events because the job of getting folks to do the right thing - not just for themselves, but for others - is ridiculously hard.
              Not sure how I'll feel about this as time goes on, but as of now, I'm sort of in the middle. I find both the common sense guideline flaunters to be just a tad more annoying (because: public health) than the turbo-charged mask police. I think I will hang back until things are a little less chaotic.

Comment

• Will the Mercedes-Benz Superdome be at full capacity when the New Orleans Saints start the 2021 season?

New Orleans mayor LaToya Cantrell seems optimistic.

"I absolutely feel that we are on track for that and I’m hopeful," Cantrell said. "I really am."
                https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...abc08e1f1.html

If 70,000 can sit shoulder to shoulder indoors in the Dome, then having a similar number spread out outdoors across the Fairgrounds seems viable too.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• It sounds like the Newport Jazz Festival is planning on happening.

Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions, Newport Jazz will be doing things a little differently this year. We’ll be presenting three intimate days of amazing Jazz performances and surprises from July 30th through August 1st.

Due to modified capacities, we will be releasing access to this summer's events in phases. Be aware that we have not gone on sale with any tickets, so please do not purchase from any site posting them for sale. We will be communicating with our members in the coming weeks to share more details about how they can join us this summer and will be announcing ticketing options for non-members soon after that. Our goal is to keep our ecosystem going until we can gather our entire Jazz community next summer.

We are working hand in hand with state and local government and various health officials to ensure that what we present will set a benchmark for safety and transparency through our protocols and communication. We'll be sharing more details on what to expect to members and fans very soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X