Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

    Oh man, I'd give my lefticle for a beef right now.....

    May have to order some from Taste of Chicago, along with a Lou's Deep Dish.
    MG, you can always have Serrelli's Beef shipped to you for the beef samich graving. Not sure if you remember them, it's an Italian grocery store and their in house home made Italian beef is outstanding, a staple at all our family parties. A friend of mine who is we use from transportation when in NOLA get's and added "thank you" gift, especially after dealing with our group during Jazz Fest. I send him a combo package that contain the beef, sausage, french rolls and giardinara and him and family love it. Check out: https://www.serrelli-street.com/ If you go that route, always heat the beef juice, then add the meat.

    The wife and I got our 2nd Pzifer shot last Wednesday at Triton College, so to celebrate we stopped at Gene & Jude's at 10:30 in the morning to celebrate; it was the first time having Gene & Jude's in over a year due to the pandemic. So good!!

    None the less, our group book hotels and we are hoping to return to NOLA for weekend #2 of the fest.

    I know I don't post much, but with you and Fesstgeek talking Chicago food, I had to chime in.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BB Chgo View Post

      MG, you can always have Serrelli's Beef shipped to you for the beef samich graving. Not sure if you remember them, it's an Italian grocery store and their in house home made Italian beef is outstanding, a staple at all our family parties. A friend of mine who is we use from transportation when in NOLA get's and added "thank you" gift, especially after dealing with our group during Jazz Fest. I send him a combo package that contain the beef, sausage, french rolls and giardinara and him and family love it. Check out: https://www.serrelli-street.com/ If you go that route, always heat the beef juice, then add the meat.

      The wife and I got our 2nd Pzifer shot last Wednesday at Triton College, so to celebrate we stopped at Gene & Jude's at 10:30 in the morning to celebrate; it was the first time having Gene & Jude's in over a year due to the pandemic. So good!!

      None the less, our group book hotels and we are hoping to return to NOLA for weekend #2 of the fest.

      I know I don't post much, but with you and Fesstgeek talking Chicago food, I had to chime in.
      Thank you, BB. Always up for talkin beef's !! Not familiar with Serrelli's. I know that TOC will send the entire Portillo's kit with beef, rolls, au jus, peppers and giardiniera. I gotta do it soon. Roast Beef Poor Boys just don't do it for me.

      Comment


      • If everyone drinks their bleach I think we'll be okay.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ice nine View Post
          If everyone drinks their bleach I think we'll be okay.
          The family that runs the 'church' that sold medicinal bleach was indicted last week. It's about 10 miles from here. Florida <facepalm>

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

            The family that runs the 'church' that sold medicinal bleach was indicted last week. It's about 10 miles from here. Florida <facepalm>
            Let's see, we've had a year of pandemic strictures, half a million+ dead, and at least three effective vaccines are available and a sizeable chunk of the population won't take them??? I'm 70, vaccinated, and I will fear no evil; coming to NO this Fall, JF or no JF! Live while you're alive!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

              The family that runs the 'church' that sold medicinal bleach was indicted last week. It's about 10 miles from here. Florida <facepalm>
              I read that story and did not know whether to laugh or cry.

              Idiot number 45 is the gift that keeps on giving.
              Last edited by Gards; 05-01-2021, 09:34 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post

                Let's see, we've had a year of pandemic strictures, half a million+ dead, and at least three effective vaccines are available and a sizeable chunk of the population won't take them??? I'm 70, vaccinated, and I will fear no evil; coming to NO this Fall, JF or no JF! Live while you're alive!
                October 2012 in NOLA: It's on!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post

                  Let's see, we've had a year of pandemic strictures, half a million+ dead, and at least three effective vaccines are available and a sizeable chunk of the population won't take them??? I'm 70, vaccinated, and I will fear no evil; coming to NO this Fall, JF or no JF! Live while you're alive!
                  The only negative that I can see.

                  Is that thus far from what I have read is that there is no definitive proof yet that says that if you have been fully vaccinated you cannot still spread the virus to others.

                  I am still a bit concerned that vaccinated people from parts of the States or elsewhere could still spread mutant strains, if they have been unlucky to get contaminated on a plane or a hotel etc. They could bring things to Nola and or conversely take something back home with them.

                  I obviously will be delighted if future testing results indicate that fully vaccinated people have a minimal chance of spreading the virus.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

                    October 2012 in NOLA: It's on!!!
                    You're traveling back in time?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fesstgeek View Post

                      Let's see, we've had a year of pandemic strictures, half a million+ dead, and at least three effective vaccines are available and a sizeable chunk of the population won't take them??? I'm 70, vaccinated, and I will fear no evil; coming to NO this Fall, JF or no JF! Live while you're alive!
                      This is what kills me. Beginning in March 2020 and continuing up until the FDA approved the first vaccine ALL that anyone of ANY political stripe could talk about was how we needed a vaccine to stop the spread and get back life back to normal. Three different safe and efficacious vaccines get FDA approval and all I hear is "well, I'm not getting THAT, THAT sounds stupid". No. YOU'RE stupid, not the vaccine.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

                        You're traveling back in time?
                        Haha! OK, it WAS on! It will be on again this October!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

                          This is what kills me. Beginning in March 2020 and continuing up until the FDA approved the first vaccine ALL that anyone of ANY political stripe could talk about was how we needed a vaccine to stop the spread and get back life back to normal. Three different safe and efficacious vaccines get FDA approval and all I hear is "well, I'm not getting THAT, THAT sounds stupid". No. YOU'RE stupid, not the vaccine.
                          I predicted in January that by May/June they will be offering all kinds of incentives to take the vaccine as many will just pass on it. And here we are. Nowhere remotely close to herd immunity.

                          Kind of like gas stations back in the 60s used to offer sets of glasses and junk like that to buy their gas. Here in NOLA there are bars around town that offer a shot (of booze) after you take the shot. Expect to see all kinds of incentives in the coming weeks.

                          BTW, Quint said yesterday at the end of "Festing In Place" that The Fest is on this year!

                          Comment


                          • This should not be news to anyone paying attention. This virus is not going anywhere. It's almost time for those passports. Don't want a vaccine? Fine. No flights, no fests etc....

                            Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe

                            https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...y-vaccine.html

                            https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ty-is-unlikely

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                              This should not be news to anyone paying attention. This virus is not going anywhere. It's almost time for those passports. Don't want a vaccine? Fine. No flights, no fests etc....

                              Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe

                              https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...y-vaccine.html

                              https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ty-is-unlikely
                              Just out of curiosity, with respect to abortion are you "Pro-Choice" or "Pro-Life"?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

                                Just out of curiosity, with respect to abortion are you "Pro-Choice" or "Pro-Life"?
                                That has nothing to do with this subject. All I'd be doing is setting you up to push some agenda you have. I'll pass. I am definitely pro-vaccine.
                                Last edited by jjazznj; 05-03-2021, 09:52 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X