No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the recent CDC news, it’s going to take a monumental new strain to stop October festivals. If stadiums are opening up to full capacity...

Comment

• I fully expect all of the fests this October to be held. Things are opening up all around the country. Here in New Orleans there is change in the air. I wouldn't be surprised if those like myself that got the J&J vaccine will by October have gotten a booster shot. And maybe a booster for all of the vaccines to ward off any of the other strains which so far this country has not had a big problem with. October should be a great month in this city. I cannot wait.

Comment

• Alice Cooper just announced his 2021 tour dates with JF dates available and he's in the area...

10/ 7 Charlotte, NC
        10/10 West Palm Beach, FL
        10/ 11 Tampa, FL
        10/13 Montgomery, AL
        10/14 Birmingham, AL
        10/18 Sugar Land, TX

AC could be interesting at the fair grounds... just thinkin....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post
          Alice Cooper just announced his 2021 tour dates with JF dates available and he's in the area...

10/ 7 Charlotte, NC
          10/10 West Palm Beach, FL
          10/ 11 Tampa, FL
          10/13 Montgomery, AL
          10/14 Birmingham, AL
          10/18 Sugar Land, TX

AC could be interesting at the fair grounds... just thinkin....
          I just don't see Alice Cooper at Fest, although I wouldn't miss it. Nancy mentioned Genesis. I don't see them ditching their light show, so also unlikely, although I would LOVE it !!

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

I really enjoyed their set last time, including the Jazz Fest Moment For The Ages when the sun broke through and bathed the grounds in golden light just as the "Baba O'Riley" synth started. Roger mentions it in his book. I have seen it on YouTube and you can see the golden light spread but it was nothing like what it felt like as it happened. Magic...out here in the fields, indeed. The AXS footage from that set is very nice, as well. I made it into a DVD I have watched several times.
            UNFORGETTABLE TIMING- I left Sonny Landreth tearing it up to hear the first notes of Can't Explain start to the set. The Sun Over Baba was AMAZING!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I just don't see Alice Cooper at Fest, although I wouldn't miss it. Nancy mentioned Genesis. I don't see them ditching their light show, so also unlikely, although I would LOVE it !!
              I saw Alice Cooper on his Welcome To My Nightmare Tour along with Johnny Winter and Leslie West back in 1975 at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, NJ. First real concert I went to with friends. It was a wild one!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I saw Alice Cooper on his Welcome To My Nightmare Tour along with Johnny Winter and Leslie West back in 1975 at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, NJ. First real concert I went to with friends. It was a wild one!
                Nice. Never saw him in concert, but I did see him coming out of a shop on Royal during Pete Fountain's second line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I'd love it too, but the real problem is that the US dates don't start till November 15.
                  Last edited by BrettM; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Jason Isbell just added a show on October 8th in Brandon, MS with nothing else scheduled until the end of November. Not hard to imagine him playing on the 9th or 10th at the Fairgrounds.

Also, Marty Stuart is the supporting act in Brandon. I think he’d be a fun Jazz Fest addition.

Comment

• Sadly My Morning Jacket is playing the Orpheum Oct 31 so won't be at Jazzfest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mezztastic View Post
                        Good news! I was in New Orleans on a Saints Game weekend in Oct 2019 and Frenchmen was a bit crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by BrooklynBrian View Post
                          Jason Isbell just added a show on October 8th in Brandon, MS with nothing else scheduled until the end of November. Not hard to imagine him playing on the 9th or 10th at the Fairgrounds.

Also, Marty Stuart is the supporting act in Brandon. I think he’d be a fun Jazz Fest addition.
                          SIGN ME UP

Comment

• What the Newport Jazz Festival website currently says about safety protocols:

WHAT COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED?

At the moment, it is too early to publish our safety protocols in full detail. The conditions of the pandemic are evolving daily and trending in a positive direction. The safety of our fans, artists, staff, vendors and volunteers remains our top priority. We will communicate and publish detailed protocols as the event date gets closer so you know exactly what to expect.

Please note that you will most likely be subject to certain health protocols required at the time of the event that could include proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test, temperature checks, social distancing and mask-wearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
                              What the Newport Jazz Festival website currently says about safety protocols:

WHAT COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED?

At the moment, it is too early to publish our safety protocols in full detail. The conditions of the pandemic are evolving daily and trending in a positive direction. The safety of our fans, artists, staff, vendors and volunteers remains our top priority. We will communicate and publish detailed protocols as the event date gets closer so you know exactly what to expect.

Please note that you will most likely be subject to certain health protocols required at the time of the event that could include proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test, temperature checks, social distancing and mask-wearing.
                              Goofy Yankees! Geez, those northerners. Never cease to amuse. A substantially different approach from those okie's down at the "Born and Raised Music Festival". Did the folks up at the Newport festival have any mention and clarifications for attendees that might be coming by mule and horseback?
                              Last edited by 20/20; 1 week ago.

Comment

• I realize this is not a popular opinion, but I'm very sad that I won't be going to Jazz Fest this year. Honestly, I can't say whether I'll even attend in 2022. I'm very depressed because I had planned on going both weekends in 2020, but now I'm hesitant to go anywhere near Louisiana.

Fact is, Louisiana is one of the lowest states in terms of % of people vaccinated. I have no doubt they plan to go through with the Fest this year, but think it's a Big mistake. Since some people there will be vaccinated, I'm not sure it will go down as a superspreader event, but it is a certainty that Covid will be present in the crowd, and will spread. Only then to be further spread once people return to their home states.

As of today, Louisiana is at a 32% fully vaccination rate. They are projected to reach 50%, yes, FIFTY PERCENT, by December 4. That's 2 months after Jazz Fest, and 50% is nowhere near "herd immunity." And Louisiana was absolutely one of the states hit hardest by Covid over the past year. But hey, Nawlins' needs the money, so no need to let an ongoing pandemic combined with vaccine hesitancy, spoil things.

Louisiana is projected to reach 70% vaccinated sometime in June/July 2022. And even that is not a level of "herd immunity." It could be worse, I suppose. Alabama is expected to reach about 40% by next summer.

So I'm sure that all of the performers I had wanted to see last year, will be there in October, which I'm not happy about, but it is what it is. If Bruce Springsteen & E-Street Band are there in 2022, I'll probably take the chance, but I will likely be wearing a mask when I'm out. Hopefully a variant resistant to the vaccines doesn't take hold between now and then, thanks to all the Morons who refuse to get their shots. Otherwise we're truly screwed, and will be back where we were months ago. Ahhhh......America.

Comment

Working...
                                X