Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

Got to hope so.

Sadly I have bugger all chance of being there. Thanks to our fucking pathetic Federal Govt.
    You should organise your cricket club to go on tour, or arrange an exhibition match between the Saints and the Saints. You'd have no trouble getting in or out, because...sport.

Tossers.
    Last edited by ozzie; 06-23-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Crap. Not just on a 6 day fest, but because I already told OZ i would use mine this year, which as your journal notes, is an economic mistake. I guess OZ benefits from my error so not crying too hard.
      You could email KaTrina at WWOZ if you want to switch to 2022. She's very easy to get along with.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie View Post

You should organise your cricket club to go on tour, or arrange an exhibition match between the Saints and the Saints. You'd have no trouble getting in or out, because...sport.

Tossers.
        Good idea.
        Morrison and Co suck big time.

Comment

• I'm feeling optimistic.

Comment

• What could possibly go wrong?

Louisiana - June 23 - 34% Fully Vaccinated - 2nd Lowest In Country

Projected To Be 50% Vaccinated As Of December 27, 2021.

I'm guessing that masks will be optional, and can't have a Vaccine requirement, because.....America!!. LOL!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-in-your-state
            Last edited by SoCalFestLover; 06-27-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
              What could possibly go wrong?

I'm guessing that masks will be optional, and can't have a Vaccine requirement, because.....America!!. LOL!

I'm willing to bet that the vaccination rate at Fest will be above 75%. Older liberals and all. If your worried, vax up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I'm willing to bet that the vaccination rate at Fest will be above 75%. Older liberals and all. If your worried, vax up.
                Not worried about myself. I'm fully vaccinated. More worried about a superspread event with unvaccinated bringing virus back to all the places people are traveling from. Possibly creating a variant that the vaccines do not protect against, right at the point where we're entering the time of year when it spreads easiest.

It's not just the 25% Unvaxxed you mention, it's them combined with those in LA that are Unvaxxed, given the 2 groups may come in contact with one another. It's almost as if even after 1 1/2 years, people don't comprehend how this virus works.

Anyways, it is what it is, and we'll find out in the Fall whether or not it was a big deal. I can't predict that it will be, but given the low rate in LA, it's shortsighted to say it won't be. Louisiana should have made more of an effort to ensure that their population got vaccinated. The #'s show that they've done a MISERABLE job at that. 2nd Lowest State Vax Rate In Country.

I'm sorry, but LA doesn't deserve "nice things," if it can't demonstrate ability to handle the hard things. JazzFest is obviously going to do what they're allowed to do. We'll see if it was the right thing in a few months. I hope it turns out fine, because it will probably impact my decision on whether to plan on attending in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
                  What could possibly go wrong?

They could have a Vaccine requirement but it's too late now as they have already started selling tickets without saying anything about it.

Projected To Be 50%? So 16% of Louisianans are still planning on getting vaccinated? What exactly are they waiting for?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Projected To Be 50%? So 16% of Louisianans are still planning on getting vaccinated? What exactly are they waiting for?
                    Reparations

Comment

• We had our second dose on Feb. 26.

At this point in time I could care less if you don't get vaccinated. That is your personnel problem.
                      Good luck.

New data shows that 99.2% of all new deaths are from the unvaccinated.

Current numbers from CDC: 65+ At least one dose 87.6% Fully vaccinated 77.7%

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                        We had our second dose on Feb. 26.

At this point in time I could care less if you don't get vaccinated. That is your personnel problem.
                        Good luck.

New data shows that 99.2% of all new deaths are from the unvaccinated.

Current numbers from CDC: 65+ At least one dose 87.6% Fully vaccinated 77.7%
                        I opened this door in a brewery in Vegas (mentioning that the risk exposure was the unvaccinated’s issue now) and regretted going there with a patron who had clearly worked thru the problem… it being that the variant, which our Pfizer vaccine may or may not keep us from dying from - but won’t prevent infection of, may soon become the predominant strain in the US because of its superior transmissibility. I wasn’t counting on thoughtful discourse in a Vegas brewery, and that failing was all mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by duende View Post

I opened this door in a brewery in Vegas (mentioning that the risk exposure was the unvaccinated’s issue now) and regretted going there with a patron who had clearly worked thru the problem… it being that the variant, which our Pfizer vaccine may or may not keep us from dying from - but won’t prevent infection of, may soon become the predominant strain in the US because of its superior transmissibility. I wasn’t counting on thoughtful discourse in a Vegas brewery, and that failing was all mine.
                          Good post. Well worded.

Comment

• The state data is pretty irrelevant. What's happening in Lake Charles or Monroe won't affect Jazzfest. You want to look at the New Orleans metro area, that's Orleans Parish, plus Jefferson, St Bernard, St Tammany. And those numbers are pretty typical compared to the country as a whole. In Orleans, 63% of the adult population has at least one dose. That compares to 66% for the nation as a whole, so we're lagging a bit, but not by much.
                            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
                              The state data is pretty irrelevant. What's happening in Lake Charles or Monroe won't affect Jazzfest. You want to look at the New Orleans metro area, that's Orleans Parish, plus Jefferson, St Bernard, St Tammany. And those numbers are pretty typical compared to the country as a whole. In Orleans, 63% of the adult population has at least one dose. That compares to 66% for the nation as a whole, so we're lagging a bit, but not by much.
                              That's good to know. Pretty scary that if the rate is so high in one of the most populated areas of the state, what must it be in the other parts of LA?

Comment

• Even if New Orleans was 100%, what about all of the other people coming here from all over the country? Not sure how many from other counties will be coming this year. The point being a majority of people that you'd come in contact with do not even live here, especially out in the crowded indoor concerts, clubs and bars at night.

And yes, if the NO Metro area has a decent vax rate and the entire state is 34%, what does that say about the rest of the state? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Comment

Working...
                                X