No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone over at the DMB message boards said that the lead singer of The Revivalists has Covid, and they've had to cancel some upcoming shows. Haven't been able to confirm this elsewhere though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
      Someone over at the DMB message boards said that the lead singer of The Revivalists has Covid, and they've had to cancel some upcoming shows. Haven't been able to confirm this elsewhere though.
      Confirmed on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDavidSha...6584950436366/

He has a solo album out, and is on the Jazzfest schedule twice, once under his own name, once with Revivalists.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
        From another thread,

This is certainly concerning.

If that many people got infected at the fest itself, that would be shocking, even if they were unvaccinated. Because in the worldwide history of Covid, I'm not aware of another superspreader event that was outdoors. The article notes that there's no way to know exactly where the spread happened, it could have been traveling to the city, or in the clubs and restaurants around town. Not that puts Jazzfest in the clear, even if the outdoor Fairgrounds itself is safe, people will mingle in clubs and restaurants here too.
        I'd really like to hear from some of those who may have gone to Peach Fest over July 4th weekend. We were out earlier in the week and heard that a bunch of folks who were at Peach Fest in PA, and had been vaccinated ended up with Covid. Trying to find out more about this, if anyone knows- please feel free to update.

We're still planning on CFF in NJ later in August, but pleased don't be offended if you see us with masks on at certain times. We trust our friends who have been vaccinated- it's just ALL THE OTHERS....

When we were down in the city last month- we didn't have issues with being outdoors- but we also weren't shoulder to shoulder like at a festival. John Boutte's dba show was moved indoors due to the rain and when down in front with the crowds, I wore a mask and am not sorry for it after stories I've heard. Happy to go mask-less but if the crowd is 'tight' I may just pull one out for a little while.

Hopefully this will end soon.... and am really hoping that October happens, we all need it.

Comment

Confirmed on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDavidSha...6584950436366/

He has a solo album out, and is on the Jazzfest schedule twice, once under his own name, once with Revivalists.
          He doesn't say whether he was vaxed or not. Or am I to assume he was because he "followed CDC guidelines" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

He doesn't say whether he was vaxed or not. Or am I to assume he was because he "followed CDC guidelines" ?
            Yeah, I noticed that too. If he is, we need people like him to be more vocal about that. It only would have required him to add 2-3 words to that sentence, and since these statements are usually fine tuned before release, it leads me to believe perhaps he wasn't. It makes sense that CDC guidelines would include getting fully vaxxed, but I honestly don't know, and as I said, it wouldn't have been difficult to include that relevant point in the statement had they wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

If you plow thru the comments on that FB post, apparently he posted earlier in the year that he'd gotten his shot.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

If you plow thru the comments on that FB post, apparently he posted earlier in the year that he'd gotten his shot.
                That's good to hear, but my comments still stand. Words are important, and he should have said something in the statement, especially if the vaccination is helping lower the effects of the virus infection. His words carry weight, and if they can convince any of his fans to get the shot, then he should have used the announcement to get the word out. GET VACCINATED!

Comment

• No one should be embarrassed or apologize for wearing a mask. I kinda slipped outta the habit but want to try to get back into it.

Comment

• I’m with you Nancy and chop, and some of my girlfriends and I were discussing this issue earlier seeing as some of us live in bubbles with good vaccination rates. I haven’t been carrying a mask with me. I’m adding one to my handbag as a just in case- again, just for really crowded spaces.

Comment

• Counties in the SF Bay Area announced today that they are recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors because of the Delta variant.
                      Last edited by danlachman; 07-16-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Caution: rant to follow....
                        Starting tomorrow, Los Angeles is reinstating it’s mask mandate for all indoor public places, vaccinated or not.
                        We were ‘open’ for one month and one day before the anti-vaxxers ruined it for all of us.
                        That pisses me off.
                        if, for some bizarre reason, I find myself amongst children who are too young to be vaccinated, I have no hesitation or problem wearing a mask to help protect them, but adults who are worried about their DNA being altered or tracking devices being implanted are f-ing idiots, and deserve whatever happens to them.
                        Do I sound selfish and entitled? I know I do, but those morons are going to drag us all down again.
                        I have no sympathy or patience for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
                          Caution: rant to follow....
                          Starting tomorrow, Los Angeles is reinstating it’s mask mandate for all indoor public places, vaccinated or not.
                          We were ‘open’ for one month and one day before the anti-vaxxers ruined it for all of us.
                          That pisses me off.
                          if, for some bizarre reason, I find myself amongst children who are too young to be vaccinated, I have no hesitation or problem wearing a mask to help protect them, but adults who are worried about their DNA being altered or tracking devices being implanted are f-ing idiots, and deserve whatever happens to them.
                          Do I sound selfish and entitled? I know I do, but those morons are going to drag us all down again.
                          I have no sympathy or patience for them.
                          True Dat

Comment

• The thing is, everything that's going on now. All of the concert tours starting up. All of the indoor events going to full capacity. Large scale events like Jazz Fest going forward full throttle. No Masks Anywhere. ALL of these were in anticipation of people getting vaccinated. They were not intended to happen in a state like Louisiana when it is now quite apparent there is no chance of reaching even 50% of the population vaccinated by December, let alone October. And 50% isn't even good enough, yet at the moment, it is probably the high water mark for states like LA, MS & AL. And not that several other states are doing much better.

Honestly, I think there might be little Jazz Fest can do at this point. They can't require vaccinations now that tickets have been sold. I mean, they could, and offer refunds, but that's not gonna happen.

I don't see how they can require masks, at a frickin' food festival, when 80% of the time people are either eating something or drinking something. Require them when not eating or drinking? Useless.

Obviously since it's outdoors, there's a lower risk. But we're talking Zero social distancing. At the main stages, you can literally be inches away from others. And then there's the tents. Ventilated, but loosely so.

I suppose the only real option is cutting off ticket sales at some point. And perhaps not selling any tickets at all after that, including the day of, if conditions don't improve. Then they would still need to do some mitigation, to avoid crowding.

Of course, there's always a chance a Lot of people will get vaccinated in the next 10-12 weeks, and there won't be anything to worry about.

Comment

• cdc fucked us by telling us its ok to stop wearing a mask. i guess they thought it would entice people to get the shot....but they fucked us

Comment

• Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
                                cdc fucked us by telling us its ok to stop wearing a mask. i guess they thought it would entice people to get the shot....but they fucked us
                                I don't understand this. Fucked who? It IS ok to stop wearing masks...if you are fully vaccinated.

If people are declining vaccination and refusing to wear a mask, that's called natural selection.

Comment

Working...
                                X