Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    cdc fucked us by telling us its ok to stop wearing a mask. i guess they thought it would entice people to get the shot....but they fucked us
    Apparently they did think saying masks were no longer required for the vaccinated would be an incentive for the unvaccinated, an extremely naive position. Without any teeth, being as Seinfeld said, within the confines of the honor system, it allowed the non-vaccinated to mingle maskless like the thing was gone. The variant jumped all over that and we see the caseload climbing. Not good...

    Comment


    • the public reacted to their guidance for fully vaccinated people as 'We can now do whatever we want. Even if we are unvaccinated, we can now behave as if we are vaccinated”.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
        the public reacted to their guidance for fully vaccinated people as 'We can now do whatever we want. Even if we are unvaccinated, we can now behave as if we are vaccinated”.
        Agreed. And if they are stupid enough to do that, the consequences are on them.

        Comment


        • what about the millions of americans taking Immunosuppressive drugs that likely render the covid vaccine useless?

          or what happens to the people who are sick with something else and recieve substandard care because the hospitals are full?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lit View Post

            Agreed. And if they are stupid enough to do that, the consequences are on them.

            not to mention, if we let covid run rampent amongst the unvaccinated, therr is a very good possibility that another varient will escape. who knows if the vaccines will then be effective.

            Comment


            • I'm no longer worried about someone else getting the vaccine. It is what it is.
              God bless you. I will be praying for you. NOT!

              For myself it is all about safety.
              Safety: Job One 24/7 365
              The end of August will be 6 months from our second Pfizer vaccine and we plan on
              getting our third shot then.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post


                not to mention, if we let covid run rampent amongst the unvaccinated, therr is a very good possibility that another varient will escape. who knows if the vaccines will then be effective.
                I'm not sure what you are suggesting then. That masks and social distancing still be required for everyone?

                Obviously it would be preferable if more people were vaccinated, but what's the point of vaccination if you're going to stay locked down?

                From what I have heard far, the Delta variant is now the most prevalent and most dangerous, but the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are believed to be very effective against it.

                Pfizer seems to be jumping the gun on boosters, but I expect that, like the annual flu shot, there will need to be some tweaks at some point to address new variants if the current vaccine is less effective with them.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                  I'm no longer worried about someone else getting the vaccine. It is what it is.
                  God bless you. I will be praying for you. NOT!

                  For myself it is all about safety.
                  Safety: Job One 24/7 365
                  The end of August will be 6 months from our second Pfizer vaccine and we plan on
                  getting our third shot then.
                  is it even possible to get a third shot right now?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post

                    is it even possible to get a third shot right now?
                    If not, just show up as if you have not received your first dose.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                      If not, just show up as if you have not received your first dose.
                      I don't think it works that way. They have you in a database and you have to show ID.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lit View Post

                        I don't think it works that way. They have you in a database and you have to show ID.
                        Well, we will be testing their system out next month. I have not heard of any rules against getting a third shot.
                        Who knows, maybe after several tries someone at Walgreen, CVS or some grocery store will overlook this.
                        There is always a way around the system.

                        Comment


                        • fyi: I was able to "work the system and get my first shot one month before turning 65. My second dose
                          was 3 days after my 65th birthday. You have to know the rules and sometimes bend them a little.

                          I once walked into the front door of a venue in Florida many years ago with 3 drinks. Just told them I was
                          a roadie and that the drinks were for the band. Several more stories to tell.
                          The old $20 trick often works. Walk into a restursant with a long table wait time. You shake the matrid'd
                          hand with $20 bill in it and ask if you can help me out.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lit View Post

                            I don't think it works that way. They have you in a database and you have to show ID.
                            I'm sure it varies by state, county, and provider, but at least here in NOLA, neither ID nor SSN is required.
                            https://ready.nola.gov/incident/coronavirus/vaccine/
                            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                            Comment


                            • Sorry, I would never ever change the subject. JF 2021 will happen! See ya there.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by swag View Post

                                I'm sure it varies by state, county, and provider, but at least here in NOLA, neither ID nor SSN is required.
                                https://ready.nola.gov/incident/coronavirus/vaccine/
                                Interesting. Definitely not the way it worked here when we got ours.

                                Might as well throw away the vaccination stats then; they’re useless if you aren’t tracking who actually got the shots. In all likelihood Louisiana’s numbers are even lower than reported.



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X