No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Stones announcement tour this Thursday. Next, Fest could be late April. Could it be Stones at Fest in April? All rumor, but wait till Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by neverleft View Post
      Rumor: Stones announcement tour this Thursday. Next, Fest could be late April. Could it be Stones at Fest in April? All rumor, but wait till Thursday.
      April? This lineup in October could use A Bigger Bang!

Comment

• From the JF Ticketing page: "I understand that the event for which I purchase a ticket shall be presented in accordance with applicable public health requirements as of the date of such event; such requirements may include, without limitation, changes to capacity, attendance procedures and other protective measures."

So, if they wanted to, or if the City forced their hand, they could require proof of vaccination. In the Bay Area, Another Planet Entertainment is requiring proof using the Clear app for entrance to some of their venues.

From my perspective, I wish they would require verified vaccination.

Comment

• Originally posted by danlachman View Post
          From the JF Ticketing page: "I understand that the event for which I purchase a ticket shall be presented in accordance with applicable public health requirements as of the date of such event; such requirements may include, without limitation, changes to capacity, attendance procedures and other protective measures."

So, if they wanted to, or if the City forced their hand, they could require proof of vaccination. In the Bay Area, Another Planet Entertainment is requiring proof using the Clear app for entrance to some of their venues.

I hope they do WHATEVER they have to do to insure we have a 2021 Jazz Fest. I can't even think about crawling back into this hole again and waiting for the 'All Clear' once again..........

Comment

From the JF Ticketing page:

I agree with you 100%. No, no, no make that 200%.

Comment

From the JF Ticketing page: "I understand that the event for which I purchase a ticket shall be presented in accordance with applicable public health requirements as of the date of such event; such requirements may include, without limitation, changes to capacity, attendance procedures and other protective measures."

Then they would need to require everyone to vaccinated including artists, workers, volunteers......I would think that would be tough to suddenly spring on everyone involved. Plus a lot of people would suddenly need refunds. Not that I'm against it but that would need to be announced sooner than later.

Comment

• In case you missed it.

New cases:

June 14, 2021 8,010

July 15, 2021 39,700

500% increase in one month.

Comment

• oops..... I checked my math 495% increase in one month

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Congratulations on your recovery. That must have been a horrific period of time. Had the Moderna myself. Lots of people that I know or spoke to had some major symptoms. Some said that they would have rather have had Covid ! Not a biggy for me. How did you do?
                    Good luck on the upcoming hurricane season. I'm a bit apprehensive this year.
                    Thanks. I took my 2nd dose of Moderna in late April. No side effects. Not even a sore arm. When I registered for the vaccine I did not tell the truth as I was asked if I ever had GBS. I didn’t want to be denied. Many years ago when I fully recovered from GBS after a year long paralysis, I was told to never get a flu shot, which I haven’t. In the late 70’s, people were contracting GBS after getting the Swine Flu vaccine. I have no regrets about getting the vaccine. It was a tough decision but I weighed my options and thought it was best to get it.

Also, my wife is at high risk as she has an ICD defibrillator in her chest and I didn’t want to be unvaccinated, catch Covid and transmit it to her.
                    Last edited by Thraak; 07-18-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                      In case you missed it.

New cases:

June 14, 2021 8,010

July 15, 2021 39,700

500% increase in one month.
                      It's bad, but not quite that bad. Daily numbers are bumpy, since some states don't report every day, or may have backlogs of tests to be cleared. Looking at a 7 day moving average gives a much more reliable picture. Nationally, the 7 day average this year has never been below 11,000. The current 7 day average is 31,000, so that's about 3x (or about a 200% increase, if you prefer that terminology).
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Then they would need to require everyone to vaccinated including artists, workers, volunteers......I would think that would be tough to suddenly spring on everyone involved. Plus a lot of people would suddenly need refunds. Not that I'm against it but that would need to be announced sooner than later.
                        They need to make this announcement as soon as possible if they are going to require vaccinations.
                        As of the next couple of weeks, there is ample time for the unvaccinated to get both doses and the two-week ‘buffer’.
                        Hell, they should make that announcement anyway; they could significantly boost vaccination rates in Louisiana.
                        Then, if things greatly improve, they can change their policy.
                        There are people who may be pissed off, but if they have gotten their shots, who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

They need to make this announcement as soon as possible if they are going to require vaccinations.
                          As of the next couple of weeks, there is ample time for the unvaccinated to get both doses and the two-week ‘buffer’.
                          Hell, they should make that announcement anyway; they could significantly boost vaccination rates in Louisiana.
                          Then, if things greatly improve, they can change their policy.
                          There are people who may be pissed off, but if they have gotten their shots, who cares?
                          I don't see it happening unless they are forced to by the city or the state.

And I also don't see many people in this backward state getting vaxed just so they can go to the Jazz Fest.

Comment

I don't see it happening unless they are forced to by the city or the state.

And I also don't see many people in this backward state getting vaxed just so they can go to the Jazz Fest.
                            Of the 300,000 or so people that will be at Jazzfest...how many do you actually think are from this backward state? I think it's a small percentage.

Comment

What if the same rule were also applied to Tiger Stadium and the Superdome?
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by zzupschuck View Post

Of the 300,000 or so people that will be at Jazzfest...how many do you actually think are from this backward state? I think it's a small percentage.
                                I take it you mean those that don't live here? Not a lot but some. And plenty of musicians.

Comment

Working...
                                X