ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mateus View Post
    I totally stopped reading because of a complete loss of confidence in the articles chances of containing any accuracy. It is obviously a politically motivated article and I cannot waste my time. The very second that it referred to "men" having penises that was obvious. It's insensitive, politically incorrect and highly offensive to a portion of our population (perhaps Marignygregg ) who happen to have penises but self-identify as something else.

Comment

• U.S. citizens should avoid travel to the United Kingdom because of a spike in coronavirus cases, two government agencies said Monday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. State Department each raised the alert levels for the region to their highest levels.

The CDC raised the travel advisory for the U.K. to a level 4, meaning "avoid travel,'' citing "very high'' levels of coronavirus cases. The alert had been at level 3, which advised travelers to be fully vaccinated before travel to the U.K. and recommended that unvaccinated travelers avoid nonessential travel. The U.K. travel alert has been at level 3 since May.

"Because of the current situation in the United Kingdom, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants,'' the CDC said in its update.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...Kxg?li=BBnb7Kz

Today was also the day the UK lifted all restrictions. In the words of Alfred E. Neuman. What, me worry?
      Last edited by SoCalFestLover; 07-19-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

Oh, I think it will go on as scheduled. Just look at Japan and the Olympics. They're Full Steam Ahead.

Jazz Fest is not going to make all these plans and arrangements with scheduling for a 2nd time, and not follow through. They have a little statement about the ticketholder assuming all risks, and that's going to be their fall back.

But I don't think those who want to attend the Fest have anything to really worry about. Other than perhaps catching Covid, and for some, it may still be worth it.
        Because of very low vaccination rates in Japan and additional concerns about the strength and spreadability of the Indian variant, there are no crowds allowed at any of the events at the Tokyo Games, so I am told

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

Because of very low vaccination rates in Japan and additional concerns about the strength and spreadability of the Indian variant, there are no crowds allowed at any of the events at the Tokyo Games, so I am told
          The Olympics are the very opposite of full steam ahead. Our nephew is there representing Australia. They are tested constantly. They are isolated. They will be playing to an empty stadium…if, in fact, their games go ahead as each new positive case in the village brings the threat of cancellation closer. The mental anguish must be dreadful.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie View Post

The Olympics are the very opposite of full steam ahead. Our nephew is there representing Australia. They are tested constantly. They are isolated. They will be playing to an empty stadium…if, in fact, their games go ahead as each new positive case in the village brings the threat of cancellation closer. The mental anguish must be dreadful.
            You are not wrong.
            As you know I have done stuff at a few different Olympics and it is very hard to contemplate what it would be like without spectators there.
            I feel sorry for the people that have spent years trying to put these games on. For your nephew and all the athletes and for the people of Tokyo and beyond.
            It is strange and difficult times we find ourselves in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie View Post

What sport is he participating in, Oz?

Comment

• New Orleans could bring back mask mandate; Fall events in jeopardy

The spread of the delta variant and a spike in cases locally threatens major Fall activities including full attendance at Saints games and the rescheduled Jazz and Heritage Festival. It could also cause the city of New Orleans to reinstate masking requirements and possibly other mitigation measures.

“All options are on the table,” said City of New Orleans spokesman Beau Tidwell. He said Mayor LaToya Cantrell and Dr. Jennifer Avegno would hold a press conference Wednesday to address the situation.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/h...L3coZz_kHep3N4

Comment

• Well, crap.

I also saw in the news today that our Rep Scalise got his first shot today (!).

From Nola.com:

“Soon,” U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise replied at the beginning of April when asked when he would be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

“Soon,” he repeated at the beginning of May when asked the same question.

Scalise received his first Pfizer vaccination on Sunday at an Ochsner clinic in Jefferson Parish.

Why?

“Especially with the delta variant becoming a lot more aggressive and seeing another spike, it was a good time to do it,” he said in an interview. “When you talk to people who run hospitals, in New Orleans or other states, 90% of people in hospital with delta variant have not been vaccinated. That’s another signal the vaccine works.”

https://www.nola.com/news/coronaviru...1aef698cd.html

Comment

• Originally posted by festbabe View Post
                    Well, crap.

“Soon,” U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise replied at the beginning of April when asked when he would be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

“Soon,” he repeated at the beginning of May when asked the same question.

Scalise received his first Pfizer vaccination on Sunday at an Ochsner clinic in Jefferson Parish.

Why?

“Especially with the delta variant becoming a lot more aggressive and seeing another spike, it was a good time to do it,” he said in an interview. “When you talk to people who run hospitals, in New Orleans or other states, 90% of people in hospital with delta variant have not been vaccinated. That’s another signal the vaccine works.”

https://www.nola.com/news/coronaviru...1aef698cd.html
                    When will America experience another Covid wave? Soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

When will America experience another Covid wave? Soon.
                      I try reeeeeeeeeeely hard to keep myself out of politics on this bored. I'm not a fan of his, but if this hard-right Republican can step up and encourage folks to get the jab, and folks follow his lead, I hope it works. Whatever it takes to get more folks vaccinated.

Comment

I try reeeeeeeeeeely hard to keep myself out of politics on this bored. I'm not a fan of his, but if this hard-right Republican can step up and encourage folks to get the jab, and folks follow his lead, I hope it works. Whatever it takes to get more folks vaccinated.
                        The problem is, the die has been cast. It's already baked in. But, like you said, hopefully it encourages some to follow through and get vaccinated.

I think that lightbulbs are starting to go off, and they're realizing that prolonging this pandemic, and perhaps endangering the recovery, might not be such a good idea after all. Not to mention the fact that it's becoming clearer that they are killing their own constituents, since 99.5% of the people dying now, are unvaccinated.

Perhaps Steve is actually worried that the events his state so desperately needs over the coming months, are now in danger of being curtailed or cancelled completely.

Oh, and Steve? It's going to be another 5-6 weeks until you're safe, since you decided to wait on getting vaccinated, when as a member of Congress, you could have gotten the first shot back in January.

Comment

Well, crap.

His first vaccine. His second shot.

(too soon?)
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

(too soon?)
                            Moderators don’t get paid to have a sense of humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

(too soon?)
                              HAHAHAHAHA!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post

What sport is he participating in, Oz?
                                He’s Captain of the water polo team. First game on (our) Sunday. Eek!

Comment

Working...
                                X