No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it a little difficult to cheer Steve Scalise. He and his ilk coulda done this A LONG TIME ago and it woulda helped mitigate the mess we are in caused by the non-vaxxers (who, I am willing to bet, were anti-maskers, as well.)

Comment

• Originally posted by ozzie View Post

He’s Captain of the water polo team. First game on (our) Sunday. Eek!
      That is waaaaaaaaay cool! We'll be routing for Australia in Water Polo if we see water polo! And YYR we also feel bad for all these athletes who have waited and trained for these games- their families that have sacrificed and can't be there for their kids/ brothers/ sisters on the 'big stage', must be tough......and now there are athletes in the village with Covid it's a shame., they really should have called the games more than a month ago with what's been going on in Tokyo, very sad. And for the organizers, I can only imagine.

It'll be interesting with the announcement in New Orleans earlier today about maybe bringing back the mask mandate with Satchmo Fest around the corner...

stay safe out there....

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
        I find it a little difficult to cheer Steve Scalise. He and his ilk coulda done this A LONG TIME ago and it woulda helped mitigate the mess we are in caused by the non-vaxxers (who, I am willing to bet, were anti-maskers, as well.)
        +1

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Moderators don’t get paid ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶o̶r̶.
          Fixed it for ya.
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

Fixed it for ya.
            He'll be here all year folks. Try the veal.

Comment

• Originally posted by festbabe View Post

I try reeeeeeeeeeely hard to keep myself out of politics on this bored. I'm not a fan of his, but if this hard-right Republican can step up and encourage folks to get the jab, and folks follow his lead, I hope it works. Whatever it takes to get more folks vaccinated.
              Same, Heather. And I do think Scalia receiving his vax should be shout out loud because it may nudge some who need nudging.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Same, Heather. And I do think Scalia receiving his vax should be shout out loud because it may nudge some who need nudging.
                Ahem, Scalise, not Scalia. Wrong branch of government

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Have a question for the "non-political" here. I don't particularly avoid politics because I get some small dirty pleasures from gigging folks who are annoyingly overwrought. Most often those folks are vehement anti-trumphiles who in my minds eye ignore facts for philosophy. I don't much care for Trump myself but being a middle-of-the roader, I sometimes fall out on the same side as him with respect to some policies. Regarding the vaccination issue, I have noticed that virtually all of the folks who comment here equate the non-vaccinated to conservative, republican trumpites. The comments are pretty pejorative. Some would disagree perhaps but in my mind I generally try to be fact based in my discussions (unless I am teasing), so I did some basic research. I began with the CDC and then went to multiple other websites. Universally, the numbers across the board, by states and nationally, reflect a glaringly disproportionate number of vaccinations between white/anglos versus blacks and hispanics. Am I to believe that these huge numbers of blacks and hispanics are actually conservative Trump supporters just waiting on a signal from the right-wing? Just curious.

Comment

• The Virus

Is far beyond Politics and it is not and should never have been related to it.

But sadly.

The deceit, ineptitude and idiocy displayed by Trump and his acolytes was and still continues to be amazing.

Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott and their ilk continue to be thorns in the side of a common sense approach to people trying to solve this science /medical problem.

The 2 mentioned both deserve the rough end of a Pineapple shoved up their respective arses by 20/20.

I agree that when possible the mention of Politics should be left off here.

But I am amazed when I read the information from non partisan surveys that says %40 of of voters that support one particular group, will not get vaccinated.

And I await a LOGICAL, FACT BASED, SCIENTIFIC REASON WHY.

Comment

• https://abcnews.go.com/US/cape-cod-c...ry?id=78956381

Comment

• Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Have a question for the "non-political" here. I don't particularly avoid politics because I get some small dirty pleasures from gigging folks who are annoyingly overwrought. Most often those folks are vehement anti-trumphiles who in my minds eye ignore facts for philosophy. I don't much care for Trump myself but being a middle-of-the roader, I sometimes fall out on the same side as him with respect to some policies. Regarding the vaccination issue, I have noticed that virtually all of the folks who comment here equate the non-vaccinated to conservative, republican trumpites. The comments are pretty pejorative. Some would disagree perhaps but in my mind I generally try to be fact based in my discussions (unless I am teasing), so I did some basic research. I began with the CDC and then went to multiple other websites. Universally, the numbers across the board, by states and nationally, reflect a glaringly disproportionate number of vaccinations between white/anglos versus blacks and hispanics. Am I to believe that these huge numbers of blacks and hispanics are actually conservative Trump supporters just waiting on a signal from the right-wing? Just curious.
                        Just going by those anti vaxers I know personally, they seem to think by getting vaxed, they might turn into a Democrat or liberal, not to mention being shamed by fellow conspiracy believing Trump buddies, should they find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post
                          The Virus

Is far beyond Politics and it is not and should never have been related to it.

But sadly.

The deceit, ineptitude and idiocy displayed by Trump and his acolytes was and still continues to be amazing.

Ron DeSantis, Greg Abbott and their ilk continue to be thorns in the side of a common sense approach to people trying to solve this science /medical problem.

The 2 mentioned both deserve the rough end of a Pineapple shoved up their respective arses by 20/20.

I agree that when possible the mention of Politics should be left off here.

But I am amazed when I read the information from non partisan surveys that says %40 of of voters that support one particular group, will not get vaccinated.

And I await a LOGICAL, FACT BASED, SCIENTIFIC REASON WHY.
                          TRUTH!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                            New Orleans could bring back mask mandate; Fall events in jeopardy

The spread of the delta variant and a spike in cases locally threatens major Fall activities including full attendance at Saints games and the rescheduled Jazz and Heritage Festival. It could also cause the city of New Orleans to reinstate masking requirements and possibly other mitigation measures.

“All options are on the table,” said City of New Orleans spokesman Beau Tidwell. He said Mayor LaToya Cantrell and Dr. Jennifer Avegno would hold a press conference Wednesday to address the situation.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/h...L3coZz_kHep3N4
                            Same deal here in Chicago. And, Chicago has added Louisiana (and others) to the Travel Advisory list, meaning unvaccinated are advised, but not required, to obtain a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Chicago or quarantine for a 10-day period upon arrival. Vaccinated individuals are exempt from the Advisory, which will be updated weekly going forward.

That said, they can very easily change those requirements. Last summer before the vaccines, I was at my camper in Wisconsin for 2 weeks and 1 week in, Wisconsin was on the list, and I had to quarantine for 2 weeks before coming back to the office or participate in any work-related functions such as jobsite visits that took place in Chicago proper. Obviously, that has change with the vaccines, however it the cases start to spiral, as they are now, Chicago may make changes; just hoping they do not revert to quarantines.

That said, we are both vaccinated, as well as our group, and ready for the fest. Worst case, hotel and airfare are refundable if it gets cancelled. However, we have not purchased our tickets for weekend #2 yet.

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/site...vel-order.html

Comment

• I was confident that fest was happening, but with all of the double vaxxed folks testing positive lately, I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried

Comment

• yea I'm hearing bad rumors from folks who live in nola.

Comment

Working...
                                X