Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODDS OF A 2021 NOJF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

    People using the TP to roll doobies !!
    Too porous...

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Gards View Post

      Smoke gets in your eyes
      Is That what would make your eyes water and make you almost get sick to your stomach in those latrines back in the old days?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

        Clearly you were not there for Dave Matthews 2001....
        Oh yeah, I was and for Elton. I've learned to avoid that kind of thing. Except I don't and find myself suffocating in huge crowds unable to escape, get an overpriced beer or go to the wretched portapotties. Plus everybody around me won't shut up! And they don't have enough zydeco! And they won't book my favorite band!
        Last edited by Kemp; 10-02-2020, 08:00 PM.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Kemp View Post

          Oh yeah, I was and for Elton. I've learned to avoid that kind of thing. Except I don't and find myself suffocating in huge crowds unable to escape, get an overpriced beer or go to the wretched portapotties. Plus everybody around me won't shut up! And they don't have enough zydeco! And they won't book my favorite band!
          I was at both (and the last 2 Bruce days). I thought Elton was much worse, easily the most crowded I have ever seen it there.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

            I was at both (and the last 2 Bruce days). I thought Elton was much worse, easily the most crowded I have ever seen it there.
            The crowd was also the worst mannered for Elton. After four songs and a close enough look to see what things were like on stage, I decided to escape the cramped quarters. It took forever to get out. Usually people let you by when you're leaving, but this bunch didn't. One guy whom I did not hear or see (good thing) was especially assaholeic with Vicki. The Elton crowd was scary. Too large, no rules, impossible to supervise. I would have braved getting close for The Stones if that gig had happened, but the sound is better away from the stage anyway and they have screens.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Kemp View Post

              The crowd was also the worst mannered for Elton. After four songs and a close enough look to see what things were like on stage, I decided to escape the cramped quarters. It took forever to get out. Usually people let you by when you're leaving, but this bunch didn't. One guy whom I did not hear or see (good thing) was especially assaholeic with Vicki. The Elton crowd was scary. Too large, no rules, impossible to supervise. I would have braved getting close for The Stones if that gig had happened, but the sound is better away from the stage anyway and they have screens.
              You perfectly capture my Dave Matthews experience. We were fairly close to the stage to see North Mississippi Allstars and Cowboy Mouth (no sarcastic comments please) but had no interest particularly in Dave Matthews. We wanted to leave and get over to Fais-Do-Do. What an annoying group of SOB's. I normally never step on on a tarp or blanket or disturb someone's peace of mind (you all know that) but this group wore me out. Even I became ever so slightly obnoxious.
              Saw the Stones later up at FedEx Field in Maryland. I had perfect seats and they just blew me away yet again. Not sure how they would have translated to the fairgrounds. I have not particularly enjoyed Bruce's rock and roll shows there.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

                You perfectly capture my Dave Matthews experience. We were fairly close to the stage to see North Mississippi Allstars and Cowboy Mouth (no sarcastic comments please) but had no interest particularly in Dave Matthews. We wanted to leave and get over to Fais-Do-Do. What an annoying group of SOB's. I normally never step on on a tarp or blanket or disturb someone's peace of mind (you all know that) but this group wore me out. Even I became ever so slightly obnoxious.
                Saw the Stones later up at FedEx Field in Maryland. I had perfect seats and they just blew me away yet again. Not sure how they would have translated to the fairgrounds. I have not particularly enjoyed Bruce's rock and roll shows there.
                I’ve pretty much given up trying to deal with the Acura mega-acts. I just can’t enjoy it. I do think crowds have become more obnoxious. Probably just the way of the world somewhat and because tight crowds bring out the worst in people but also, IMO, because those acts draw less of a music-lover crowd.

                Anyway, I’m north of 60 and I usually head the opposite way when a mega-act hits Acura. As Yogi said, “Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.”

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Kemp View Post

                  The crowd was also the worst mannered for Elton. After four songs and a close enough look to see what things were like on stage, I decided to escape the cramped quarters. It took forever to get out. Usually people let you by when you're leaving, but this bunch didn't. One guy whom I did not hear or see (good thing) was especially assaholeic with Vicki. The Elton crowd was scary. Too large, no rules, impossible to supervise. I would have braved getting close for The Stones if that gig had happened, but the sound is better away from the stage anyway and they have screens.
                  I got stuck for what seemed like forever (15-20 min?) not far from The Crawfish Monica stand. First time I actually started to feel claustrophobic at the Fest during Jerry Lee Lewis. I did check out Elton for a couple of songs from the far right of the stage. He sounded great but couldn't come close to hitting the high notes on Benny & The Jets. Wasn't that the day they would not even release attendance numbers? I wound up leaving early, just too many people. What if someone had a health issue? No way they would get any help.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                    I wound up leaving early...
                    Really?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

                      Really?
                      Yeah, during Elton, just too many bodies there. You never left JF early?

                      Comment


                      • Well I'm sad to post they announced today, that Broadway shows in NYC have announced that they will remain closed through at least May 2021. This doesn't bode well for fest being in April but we'll keep the faith until we hear otherwise....

                        Comment


                        • A couple of tidbits from Gov. Edwards.

                          https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cd3c395a8.html :

                          Gov. John Bel Edwards on Thursday said Louisiana will stay in Phase 3 for another four weeks... The decision to extend Phase 3 is not unexpected. Edwards has indicated the state would likely be in a form of Phase 3 until there is a widespread vaccine or treatments for the coronavirus. The state is also expected to continue to have a mask mandate until then.

                          Edwards said he soon will have protocols for fairs and festivals, which would be able to submit plans to state officials for review on a case-by-case basis.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                          Comment


                          • The Bradenton Blues Festival is currently on for December 5th. They moved to a venue twice as large and cut attendance in half. What used to be bring-your-own-chair general seating on the grass is now assigned seating in a baseball stadium.

                            The Tampa Bay Blues Fest is also on and selling tickets for April 9-11 2021. Pretty much the same lineup as planned for this year; set times are already posted. I could find no discussion of social distancing plans. It's also a byoc general admission fest on a grass field.

                            Comment


                            • Dr. Fauci just said he expects Covid19 to remain a major threat well into 2021 and not to expect a return to normalcy until late 2021. Maybe we'll get lucky, but . . .

                              https://www.latimes.com/california/s...021-fauci-says

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

                                Yeah, during Elton, just too many bodies there. You never left JF early?
                                I came early once or twice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X