Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LIVE MUSIC! Honey Island Swamp Band live from the Jazz Museum Balcony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIVE MUSIC! Honey Island Swamp Band live from the Jazz Museum Balcony!

Honey Island Swamp Band live from the Jazz Museum Balcony!
    • Friday, September 18, 2020
    • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
    • New Orleans Jazz Museum 400 Esplanade Avenue New Orleans

**This event was previously scheduled for Tuesday, September 15.

Honey Island Swamp Band will perform live for the New Orleans Jazz Museum's socially-distant balcony concert series on Friday, September 18 at 5pm CDT.
    Enjoy Jazz Music from home with the New Orleans Jazz Museum! Join the Jazz Museum online for their weekly Balcony Livestream Concert Series, in which dynamic jazz musicians perform live from the Jazz Museum’s balcony! Tune in every Tuesday at 5pm on facebook.com/nolajazzmuseum/live to watch for free.

Is the balcony somewhere where I can walk down and check it out in person, or is this an online only kind of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
      Is the balcony somewhere where I can walk down and check it out in person, or is this an online only kind of thing?
      Right behind the Mint. Barracks and Decatur. Open to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
        They do let some people in to sit on the grass but you can hear fine from outside the gate or you can sit at a table at the restaurants across the street.

I'll be there with with either a Saints cap on or maybe a tan cowboy hat.

Gregg I should recognize you if you are there.

Comment

Should be a good gig.

I am trying to convince my other half to get herself down there.

And I can assure you that I would have my masked up self down there to watch if I was in town.

Enjoy

Comment

Providing tropical dumbass Willie doesn’t distribute droplets, we plan to attend. I’ll be a dashing masked figure with a bombshell of a wife lurking safely on the perimeter.

Comment

Have fun! I’m jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                Providing tropical dumbass Willie doesn’t distribute droplets, we plan to attend. I’ll be a dashing masked figure with a bombshell of a wife lurking safely on the perimeter.

You mean Beta? Lol. This fucking hurricane season has been just as crazy as the rest of 2020.

Comment

I plan on listening and then go over to the Rickie Lee Jones show.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                    Wearing an ELO shirt as usual

Comment

beta def distributing droplets. Still a nice vibe down here

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Wearing an ELO shirt as usual
                        Great to see your bride to be !! A few other Threadheads as well. They played well, people danced. Caught the Shake Em Up Brass Band on the balcony of Three Muses on the way home. Dare I say....things almost seemed 'normal' for a couple hours. Much needed !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Great to see your bride to be !! A few other Threadheads as well. They played well, people danced. Caught the Shake Em Up Brass Band on the balcony of Three Muses on the way home. Dare I say....things almost seemed 'normal' for a couple hours. Much needed !!!
                          Glad to hear that fun was had.

Did Tugs behave?

Comment

I saw no Thread Heads that I recognized and apparently they all pretended not to recognize me. Maybe it was the masks. The band sounded damn good though. Can’t say I missed Mule and the sound mix was better than most Jazz Fest sets. Last time I wear an ELO t-shirt.

Comment

They sounded good. That newer guitarist fits in well. We were inside over on the right. Sound was much better than the last show I saw there. Cha Wa next week.

If anyone wants to replay watch online: https://www.facebook.com/nolajazzmus...5687973455366/

Comment

Working...
                              X