Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LIVE MUSIC! Honey Island Swamp Band live from the Jazz Museum Balcony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
    They sounded good. That newer guitarist fits in well. We were inside over on the right. Sound was much better than the last show I saw there. Cha Wa next week.

If anyone wants to replay watch online: https://www.facebook.com/nolajazzmus...5687973455366/
    How did you get in? The fence was closed tight when we got there.

Comment

They sounded good. That newer guitarist fits in well. We were inside over on the right. Sound was much better than the last show I saw there. Cha Wa next week.

If anyone wants to replay watch online: https://www.facebook.com/nolajazzmus...5687973455366/

So we never got any explanation whatsoever for Chris leaving the band? He was supposed to come back after he recovered from his injury and then we never heard any update, and Lee seems to be the permanent replacement.

What gives?

Comment

Sound was ok at best. The could use some bigger speakers

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
          Against the restaurant wall, it sounded very clear with plenty of separation of the instruments. The drums could have used a little more volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Against the restaurant wall, it sounded very clear with plenty of separation of the instruments. The drums could have used a little more volume.
            I did a couple rounds looking for people. I'm not sure exactly what some of you look like, so I wore a Black Laurel shirt. I don't recall seeing an ELO shirt or any NRBQ fan with a wife out of his league. I saw Ken, Heather ( Festbabe ), Lisa ( Gards fiancÚ ) and a few other Fakebook Threadheads. I'm guessing the rain kept a few away, although it was barely a drizzle.

Comment

Next weekend has a handful of shows with Riverfest as well as a porch show from Casa MarignyGregg.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I did a couple rounds looking for people. I'm not sure exactly what some of you look like, so I wore a Black Laurel shirt. I don't recall seeing an ELO shirt or any NRBQ fan with a wife out of his league. I saw Ken, Heather ( Festbabe ), Lisa ( Gards fiancÚ ) and a few other Fakebook Threadheads. I'm guessing the rain kept a few away, although it was barely a drizzle.
                Actually I wore a Rolling Stones/NO Saints t shirt from that show and a yellow Rasta hat. One of the few times I haven’t worn an NRBQ shirt at a musical gathering in some time. Gards and I kid about ELO in our attempts to rouse Lord Horror from his forum silence.

Comment

Yeah, I'd been planning to bike down, but the drizzle on the heavy side in mid-city had me reconsider. I enjoyed the live-stream, but it would have been nice to see y'all.
                  Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

How did you get in? The fence was closed tight when we got there.
                    I guess we got there early enough. They only let in a limited amount of people which does not seem to be many.

Comment

It sounded good but we were fairly close. It would be nice if the had bigger or another set of speakers on the ground. Just happy they are even having these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                        Next weekend has a handful of shows with Riverfest as well as a porch show from Casa MarignyGregg.
                        And Cha Wa on Tues.

Comment

It sounded good but we were fairly close. It would be nice if the had bigger or another set of speakers on the ground. Just happy they are even having these things.

Agreed.So nice to have live music, but a set of speakers closer to the crowd would be a big improvement.

Props to the ladies with the umbrellas cutting a rug during Such a Night

Comment

Agreed.So nice to have live music, but a set of speakers closer to the crowd would be a big improvement.

Props to the ladies with the umbrellas cutting a rug during Such a Night
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/188172...57716036206476

Comment

Working...
                            X