2020 Crescent City Blues & BBQ Festival: Festing In Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Crescent City Blues & BBQ Festival: Festing In Place

we're sad that there's now Blues & BBQ Fest this year along with everything else that's been canceled- but thanks to WWOZ, there will be Festing in Place that weekend.
    It's a GREAT line-up! check it out at:
    https://www.wwoz.org/641111-cubes-vi...-bbq-fest-2020

Hope to see some of y'all there!

And Marc Stone, glad to see you're on the list!

Nice idea but I'm totally over Festing In Place! We need some outdoor music in this town asap! And I'm not talking about up on a balcony! Summer is finally over, the weather is getting nicer. Someone must be able to come up with something.

BTW, RIP Reverend John Wilkins who passed away this past week. He was 76. His latest and last album called "Trouble" is a pretty good one.

Comment

Some nice shows on the list. Definitely Funky Meters w Irma and Allen and Ruthie Foster. Open to other recommendations.

WWOZ might consider boxing up for sale some of the awesome shows from their archives, especially if JF doesn’t happen again.

Comment

I was at the majority of the shows listed on here, so there are good memories indeed.

But it makes me bloody sad as well.

This is the longest in decades that I have gone without seeing live music and my longest spell from Nola since about 2008.

I will listen in to these shows and will definitely try to make some fun out of it.

And of course try not to think about the little Engagement party that was meant to be going on in conjunction with Blue & BBQ this year.

But that will happen one day, and live music and Festivals will return.

We just got to wait and hope for some genius to finish a fair dinkum vaccine.

Regards

Gards

Dump That Trump

Comment

Originally posted by BostonDavid View Post
          Some nice shows on the list. Definitely Funky Meters w Irma and Allen and Ruthie Foster. Open to other recommendations.

WWOZ might consider boxing up for sale some of the awesome shows from their archives, especially if JF doesn’t happen again.
          It takes a lot to sell music by all of these artists. Many would not be happy with the audio quality or just are not interested.

I usually record what I like to listen to whenever I want.

Comment

Thanks, OZ! Glad for what we can get these days. Those two outdoor, socially distanced shows we saw last month in NOLA (Tin Men and Honey Island) kept me from going nuts. Hold on, folks. We'll get through.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
              Thanks, OZ! Glad for what we can get these days. Those two outdoor, socially distanced shows we saw last month in NOLA (Tin Men and Honey Island) kept me from going nuts. Hold on, folks. We'll get through.
              I'd LOVE some live music..... the other day we took a walk in NYC to Madison Square Park, nice little park in midtown and there was a guy with a mic/amp and some background music singing old show tunes and standards, he sounded really good.. Sadly one of the Park guards came up after about an hour and made him shut it down. He said the 'require' a permit to play in the park... such a shame- it was a nice treat...

How did Honey Island sound? Have to say they really haven't been the same without Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post

I'd LOVE some live music..... the other day we took a walk in NYC to Madison Square Park, nice little park in midtown and there was a guy with a mic/amp and some background music singing old show tunes and standards, he sounded really good.. Sadly one of the Park guards came up after about an hour and made him shut it down. He said the 'require' a permit to play in the park... such a shame- it was a nice treat...

How did Honey Island sound? Have to say they really haven't been the same without Chris
                They sounded great! They sounded like Honey Island. I love Chris, but at this show I didn't miss him. Maybe it had to do with a starvation of live music, but I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

They sounded great! They sounded like Honey Island. I love Chris, but at this show I didn't miss him. Maybe it had to do with a starvation of live music, but I don't think so.
                  That guy that replaced Chis is very good and really fits in. I saw them at JF last year and was impressed. It was the best I'd ever heard them.

Comment

The Funky Meters set was an interesting New Orleans "review" show, kinda unexpected, but delivered on some of the Meters' cornerstone tunes. Man, that Lulu & the Broadsides set was scorchin'! Abrupt end of the archived set, I missed the live broadcast. I was just telling the wife that they'd be a perfect band to see at Chickie Wah Way, but at this point in no-live-shows history I'd pay to hear Carlo Nuccio read the phonebook.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                      The Funky Meters set was an interesting New Orleans "review" show, kinda unexpected, but delivered on some of the Meters' cornerstone tunes. Man, that Lulu & the Broadsides set was scorchin'! Abrupt end of the archived set, I missed the live broadcast. I was just telling the wife that they'd be a perfect band to see at Chickie Wah Way, but at this point in no-live-shows history I'd pay to hear Carlo Nuccio read the phonebook.
                      The Funks Meters set with the stellar guests was great to hear again, I was half shot when I saw that live, because I reckon that may have been the day when earlier we had the little ceremony for Poppa Gards in Armstrong Park and I over trained post that. Thankfully my other half some how got me home in one piece . I also heard people say that it was the final performance for MR Toussaint in Nola. I still find it hard that he is no longer with us, as he always seemed so healthy and switched on

Not that long ago, as it seems we saw Lulu and the Broads do a cool gig at the small Starlight which was excellent and I reckon Swag and Linza were there with us as well

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

Not that long ago, as it seems we saw Lulu and the Broads do a cool gig at the small Starlight which was excellent and I reckon Swag and Linza were there with us as well
                        Yeah, the Lulu set at the fest was the biggest surprise for me; I knew little about them going in and thoroughly enjoyed it. Being able to find them after that, at a venue as intimate as the Starlight, was a real treat.
                        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                          Video still up.

https://www.facebook.com/wwozneworle...epa=SEARCH_BOX

Comment

Working...
                          X