lost memory - was there a raffle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost memory - was there a raffle??

Folks, with March - April being a bit of a blur both in NOLA and elsewhere, i have no idea --- was there a threadhead raffle this year? I think i donated items (I dont even recall that clearly) but didn't know if the raffle actually happened (clearly i didn't win anything!!). I'm only asking because I've seen that THCF grants have been announced, and i began to wonder where the money had come from.
    Completely unrelated and maybe worth it's own thread, nola.com has an article about the return of Colin Lake after 2 years at sea.

No, there was not a raffle. There was much discussion as to to have it in the spring, the fall, or not at all. With so many items being from venues and restaurants, the Board decided to hold everything until there was a better picture long term (alas, we didn't know back then that it would be 6 months+).

The funds for the grant cycle this fall came from the membership drive this spring and additional donations -- folks "donating" the cost of their Patry ticket back to the Foundation, several direct General Fund donations, and one very generous donation from the Coughlin Saunders Foundation. While the budget for grant awards will be less than in past years, the Board (of which I'm a member, for those who don't know) felt it was super-important to proceed and get what funds we could out to the artists.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
      No, there was not a raffle. There was much discussion as to to have it in the spring, the fall, or not at all. With so many items being from venues and restaurants, the Board decided to hold everything until there was a better picture long term (alas, we didn't know back then that it would be 6 months+).

The funds for the grant cycle this fall came from the membership drive this spring and additional donations -- folks "donating" the cost of their Patry ticket back to the Foundation, several direct General Fund donations, and one very generous donation from the Coughlin Saunders Foundation. While the budget for grant awards will be less than in past years, the Board (of which I'm a member, for those who don't know) felt it was super-important to proceed and get what funds we could out to the artists.
      Thanks festbabe! It was really sort of bugging me as just a blank spot in my memory. Of course it makes perfect sense: raffling off tickets and dinners at venues that aren't open isn't the best way to stage a raffle.
      with some year end donating about to happen around my house i'll make sure the THCF gets a little something to start 2021 off right.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Thanks festbabe! It was really sort of bugging me as just a blank spot in my memory. Of course it makes perfect sense: raffling off tickets and dinners at venues that aren't open isn't the best way to stage a raffle.
        with some year end donating about to happen around my house i'll make sure the THCF gets a little something to start 2021 off right.
        You're a sweatheart - thanks! YYR, March-April-May is sort of a blank space for lots of folks.

Comment

The 2021 Raffle should be EPIC!

Comment

Working...
          X