I heard someone ask please
    Mr Bojangles
    Mr Bojangles
    Mr Bojangles
    Dance
    Mr Bojangles
    Mr Bojangles
    Mr Bojangles

Last edited by 20/20; 10-24-2020, 05:40 PM.

https://twitter.com/mikefinger/statu...70568552931328

Mike Finger

@mikefinger
    My favorite Jerry Jeff Walker story is the one Todd Snider has told about six million times and swears is true, about the two of them leaving a bar and walking down a deserted street in Santa Fe. From Todd’s book:

Comment

Nice story McG. I believe JJW was a French Quarter resident for a spell. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post

Mike Finger

@mikefinger
        My favorite Jerry Jeff Walker story is the one Todd Snider has told about six million times and swears is true, about the two of them leaving a bar and walking down a deserted street in Santa Fe. From Todd’s book:

I’ve heard Todd tell that story often. I don’t know if it’s true, but I choose to believe believe that it is.

RIP, Jerry Jeff. Another great one gone. A terrible year just keeps getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post

Mike Finger

@mikefinger

Cool story

Always loved Mr Bojangles

RIP Jerry Jeff

Comment

Born Ronald Clyde Crosby:

“I didn’t just burn the candle at both ends, I was also finding new ends to light.”

God speed Sir.

Comment

Todd did this last night. I am posting a link and I am picking it up after quite a few minutes of pictures of Jerry Jeff (or Ronald if you prefer). Todd does a piano bit and then begins his bit. I hope that it works, I'm not so good at this stuff. Oops. Just checked it out. I've got the timing wrong. Back up and start at about the 25.18 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/JzuuI4ErIxQ?t=1868

It's worth watching
              Last edited by 20/20; 10-25-2020, 10:32 AM. Reason: fine tuning my mistakes

Comment

Great story, but I don't think a bar in Santa Fe has stayed open past 1o pm in the last 30 years. I mean, the place just shuts down. I bought David Bromberg's Demon in Disguise as a late-teen's aspiring troubadour and marveled at his version of his old bandleader's Mr. Bojangles. A "bit" later I bought Viva Terlingua! and marveled at... everything on that record. And promptly gave up on being a troubadour - something Todd can rightly claim.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                  Great story, but I don't think a bar in Santa Fe has stayed open past 1o pm in the last 30 years. I mean, the place just shuts down. I bought David Bromberg's Demon in Disguise as a late-teen's aspiring troubadour and marveled at his version of his old bandleader's Mr. Bojangles. A "bit" later I bought Viva Terlingua! and marveled at... everything on that record. And promptly gave up on being a troubadour - something Todd can rightly claim.
                  Viva Terlingua! -- I don't know how or why that record made it into my older brother's collection when we were just teens, but we got a lot of use out of it. And that Todd Snider story is great, especially the punch line "boring life so far, kid".

Comment

Well done, Todd, and he came "late" to Jerry Jeff by meeting him in 1985. Since the early '70's, JJW had hung out extensively with Bromberg, Buffett, Guy Clark and many others. Ah, the stories they all could tell - never heard the one about his name change and the fake ID's though!

Comment

Billy Joe Shaver passed at age 81 today. Died of a stroke, according to Willie.

To quote a friend: Get Willie some oxygen - STAT!

Comment

Originally posted by freebo View Post
                        To quote a friend: Get Willie some oxygen - STAT!
                        At this point, oxygen might be a nasty shock to his system. (Puff, puff, cough...)

Comment

Working...
                        X