• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone collect arrowheads?

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post
      Daggone, since you bring them up I got to thinking. I’ve never collected them but I can recall stumbling across a couple in the course of my life. I know that I would not likely toss them aside but I’ll be darned if I have a clue as to where I may have stuck them.
      Lit allowed as to how he collects scalps....

Comment

Definitely collected them as a kid. I have a vivid recollection of a class field trip to certain known Native American sites in our town when I was around nine years old and finding arrowheads, and then collecting them pretty regularly from then through high school. No idea what happened to them.

We do have a pretty nice wampum collection though.

I collect and have collected so much shit I don’t know where to start.

I think I am trying to avoid serious discussion of it because I am still so distressed by the mysterious (or not) disappearance of my baseball card and matchbox car collections when my older step-brothers “cleaned out” the attic.

Comment

I collect Bonnie Raitt quotations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post
            I have several collections, but haven't been adding to them the past few years due to lack of space: vintage radios, lady head vases, vintage Barbies, antique medicine bottles, signed CD's & records from our favorite musicians. And of course, we have lots of unsigned vinyl and CD's, too. Dave collects antique banks (but also hasn't added any in years).
            Like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
              I collect Bonnie Raitt quotations.
              And Banana Trees, so I am told.

Comment

I've collected records for most of my life. Thankfully, they are seemingly becoming more and more popular.

I also collect vintage tees and have specifically been archiving New Orleans/Louisiana music tees which I have posted on here before. Vintage New Orleans is my archive site if you would like to check it out! Some of the tees are for sale as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

Definitely collected them as a kid. I have a vivid recollection of a class field trip to certain known Native American sites in our town when I was around nine years old and finding arrowheads, and then collecting them pretty regularly from then through high school. No idea what happened to them.
                  yea as a kid we lived near a huge Indian reservation near a river and when the farmers would plow their fields and there was rain, you could find them pretty easily on top of the soil. The farmers were always happy to let us look around. They just wanted to see what we found before we left. I enjoyed doing that as a kid with my dad. I still have 40-50 that are in decent shape, a few that are really cool.

Comment

yea as a kid we lived near a huge Indian reservation near a river and when the farmers would plow their fields and there was rain, you could find them pretty easily on top of the soil. The farmers were always happy to let us look around. They just wanted to see what we found before we left. I enjoyed doing that as a kid with my dad. I still have 40-50 that are in decent shape, a few that are really cool.
                    My parents live on a lake that was dug to water horses headed to Vicksburg during the Civil War and my brother has a ton of minie balls he's collected from their yard and around the lake. He has a bunch from Champion Hill too. So named for the family that owns it, not because they actually won. One of the Champions was the best man at his wedding. He has a few minie balls from the battlefield at Vicksburg too but he doesn't advertise that since it's illegal to remove them. He collected those in the 60s when the school took us all on a field trip to Vicksburg every year. We preferred the yearly field trips to the Coca Cola plant and the Colonial's bakery though. Free samples! Maybe he thought the minie balls were free samples.

Comment

That Vicksburg Military Park is an interesting place. It's crazy how close the two sides fought in their battles in the area. I've been there a few times.

Comment

The more I think about this, they more I realize I could easily drift into hoarder territory....
                        For about 15 years, I collected almost every Hallmark Christmas ornament, most first editions in a series.
                        I also have every ticket stub (back in ticket stub days) from all the concerts I attended in the '70's and '80's.

Comment

tried making a collage at some point with all my hundreds of ticket stubs. I got them all on a board and sprayed the back of them with that spray glue. Big mistake. It turned them all black. So that's not the way you do it. haha

Comment

tried making a collage at some point with all my hundreds of ticket stubs. I got them all on a board and sprayed the back of them with that spray glue. Big mistake. It turned them all black. So that's not the way you do it. haha
                            I probably have a hundred at least still saved somewhere. I told myself that I would embed them in the bar I was going to open. In which I would also have one wall dedicated to a Delta quilt of my most favorite t-shirts.

Comment

I looked at my ticket stubs this week after thinking about my collection - whoops! Some of the thermally printed tix are faded & virtually unreadable now. The oldest appears to be my $7.50 Eagles ticket, no Frank Zappa & Mothers stub, and not one of the many Loggins & Messina shows. So, not as OCD as some suspected! But the timing of this thread is funny - my wife actually broached the very sensitive topic of my t-shirts “collection”... I was relieved, I thought it was going to be about my growing (working clothing!) assortment of smiley-pocket embroidered western shirts. Whew! But I will need another bureau for the 50-100 don’t-wear-often-but-can’t-bear-to-discard T’s. Y’all just pictured Staxsun Tom’s t-shirt storage, didn’t you?

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post

Like this?
                                Exactly! (I like her hat. )

Comment

Working...
                                X