The Gospel Truth: The Complete Singles Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gospel Truth: The Complete Singles Collection

Heard this piece on my drive home Friday night and downloaded the album yesterday. Long story short: The Gospel Truth was a subsidiary of the famous soul label Stax Records. A new anthology, The Gospel Truth: The Complete Singles Collection, revisits its brief moment in gospel soul history.

It was glorious listening this morning. Highly recommended for Gospel Tent fans.

Tracklist

Disc 1
    1. The Rance Allen Group - Just My Imagination (Just My Salvation)
    2. The Rance Allen Group - Up Above My Head
    3. Terry Lynn Community Choir - His Love Will Always Be
    4. Terry Lynn Community Choir - Consider Me
    5. Reverend W. Bernard Avant Jr. and The St. James Gospel Choir - Don’t Let The Green Grass Fool You (Don’t Let The Devil Fool You)
    6. Reverend W. Bernard Avant Jr. and The St. James Gospel Choir - God Is What You Let Him Be
    7. The Rance Allen Group - There’s Gonna Be A Showdown
    8. The Rance Allen Group - That Will Be Good Enough For Me
    9. Reverend Maceo Woods and The Christian Tabernacle Concert Choir - The Magnificent Sanctuary Band (Marching For The Man)
    10. Reverend Maceo Woods and The Christian Tabernacle Concert Choir – Jesus Is Waiting
    11. Charles May & Annette May Thomas – Keep My Baby Warm
    12. Charles May & Annette May Thomas – Satisfied
    13. Joshie Joe Armstead – Ride Out The Storm
    14. Joshie Joe Armstead – I Got The Vibes
    15. The Rance Allen Group – I Got To Be Myself
    16. The Rance Allen Group – Gonna Make It Alright
    17. The 21st Century – Who’s Supposed To Be Raising Who
    18. The 21st Century – If The Shoe Fits, Wear It

Disc 2
    1. The People’s Choir Of Operation Push, Reverend Marvin Yancy – I’m A Child Of The King
    2. The People’s Choir Of Operation Push, Reverend Marvin Yancy – He Included Me
    3. Jacqui Verdell – He’s Mine
    4. Jacqui Verdell – We’re Gonna Have A Good Time
    5. The Rance Allen Group – I Know A Man Who
    6. The Rance Allen Group – Hot Line To Jesus
    7. Blue Aquarius – At The Feet Of The Master
    8. Blue Aquarius – Know Him While You Can
    9. Joshie Joe Armstead – Stumblin’ Blocks, Steppin’ Stones (What Took Me So Long)
    10. Joshie Jo Armstead – Give A Little Loving
    11. Jimmy Jones – Do It Yourself
    12. Jimmy Jones – If I Had A Hammer
    13. The Rance Allen Group – Be True
    14. The Rance Allen Group – We’re The Salt Of The Earth
    15. Louise McCord – Reflections
    16. Louise McCord – There’s No Need To Cry

A subsidiary of ------Stax--------.

Comment

Originally posted by Staxsun View Post
      A subsidiary of ------Stax--------.
      Yes, you did a wonderful job with this collection.

I’m on my third time through it as I type. The slower songs are starting to grab me now.

I’m hoping I can find the liner notes on-line somewhere; they didn’t come with the download version unfortunately.

I’d love to see who all is playing on these tracks.

Comment

Signs of the times....and being an old non-tech proficient individual. You got my interest as soon as you made a "Gospel tent" reference. I went to the site that you provided suspecting that I might be interested in purchasing a cd. All they seem to offer is downloads. I have nothing to download to even if I were interested. My iPhone 6 I suppose but I am not going to be one of those people I see wandering around with, are they called ear-buds or something like that?. I have my Mac but I don't listen to music on that. No "smart t'v.'s" whatever they are. I have cd players. Oh well. I guess that it's still the Gospel tent for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
          Signs of the times....and being an old non-tech proficient individual. You got my interest as soon as you made a "Gospel tent" reference. I went to the site that you provided suspecting that I might be interested in purchasing a cd. All they seem to offer is downloads. I have nothing to download to even if I were interested. My iPhone 6 I suppose but I am not going to be one of those people I see wandering around with, are they called ear-buds or something like that?. I have my Mac but I don't listen to music on that. No "smart t'v.'s" whatever they are. I have cd players. Oh well. I guess that it's still the Gospel tent for me.
          You can get the 2 CD collection on Amazon for $16, delivered free by Tuesday if you have Prime.

The label website appears to sell only the download and vinyl collections.

Comment

Working...
          X