Frenchmen Street...."It's Alive" !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenchmen Street...."It's Alive" !!!

On my walk tonight I counted around 6 bands/performers. By far, the most since the shutdown. Odd that it comes at a time when Covid cases are surging.

Royal Frenchmen Hotel had Glen David Andrews getting ready to fire it up. Treme Brass Band just finished up in front of Spotted Cat, Favela Chic had a band, the balcony above Three Muses had a band, 30/90 had someone setting up, Bamboola's was open for the first time with a band and the place next to the Frenchmen Hotel that seems to change names with the seasons was rocking. Also BMC was open and looked to have a band.

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
    On my walk tonight I counted around 6 bands/performers. By far, the most since the shutdown. Odd that it comes at a time when Covid cases are surging.

Royal Frenchmen Hotel had Glen David Andrews getting ready to fire it up. Treme Brass Band just finished up in front of Spotted Cat, Favela Chic had a band, the balcony above Three Muses had a band, 30/90 had someone setting up, Bamboola's was open for the first time with a band and the place next to the Frenchmen Hotel that seems to change names with the seasons was rocking. Also BMC was open and looked to have a band.
    I have mixed feelings for obvious reasons. I haven't been anywhere downtown in a while now. No real desire to. So those clubs had bands inside? And I thought bands could not have horns?

Comment

Favela Chic, 30/90 and Bamboola's were all inside. Didn't see any horns or vocals at those places, only the outdoor performances. GDA was playing in the courtyard behind the hotel. Treme BB was in front of SC on the sidewalk.

Come on out, support the music, mask up, stay outside, keep distanced, wash your hands when you get home.

Comment

Working...
      X