Van the Man Stands Up with Eric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Your statement is not at all uncharacteristic. Nor surprising in it's inaccuracy. I myself am vaccinated and would not likely consul someone else to not become inoculated unless they were to have over-riding medical conditions. My intellect however is to be open-minded and willing to listen to all others points of view.
    So is mine.

The facts are that in Louisiana over the last couple of months %96 of the people that have died from the virus, have not been vaccinated.

What more incentive/motivation do people need?

Dont give me rubbish about lack of testing for the vaccines that are now available.

I think back to the Polio vaccine, smallpox etc and when they were initially given to a very relieved public.

Do you think that machinery and technology for advance testing for those was anywhere near to the ability and efficacy of what is available today?

Yet people took them because they wanted and needed to, and were not swayed by bullshit and innuendo , allowed to foment by the internet and all variety of crack pots who probably still think that the USA election was rigged or that magnetic particles will be in their bodies and so it goes.

It is also worth noting that recent independent surveys have indicated that 4 out of 10 Republicans have said they will not get vaccinated, which is extremely sad but not overly surprising.

There have now been hundreds of millions of vaccines given out around the World and more information is being gained every hour as to how to deal with the very miniscule amount of side effects.

So cut the scare mongering and let us just get on with getting it done.

Comment

You’re in charge. Round them up.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

Your statement is not at all uncharacteristic. Nor surprising in it's inaccuracy. I myself am vaccinated and would not likely consul someone else to not become inoculated unless they were to have over-riding medical conditions. My intellect however is to be open-minded and willing to listen to all others points of view.
        Its not about you & me. Its about destroying the damn virus & Van Morrison's stupid comments. I remember kids getting polio when I was little. Then when i was 6, we ALL got the vaccine at school, & now polio is almost unheard of.
        I don't give a damn about your opinion of me....... GET IT?????

Comment

Has Clapton cancelled his New Orleans show yet ?? He said he would not play venue with Vax policy which we currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Not the case for my father in the hospital now gasping for breath. Your mileage may vary.
            I'm terribly sorry. Good luck and good vibes to your father.

Comment

Originally posted by resmp View Post

I'm terribly sorry. Good luck and good vibes to your father.
              Thanks. My amazing 90 year old Daddio is now at home, walking a mile a day and paying so much attention to his physical and speech therapy that he is wearing me out. But, he was one of the lucky ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Thanks. My amazing 90 year old Daddio is now at home, walking a mile a day and paying so much attention to his physical and speech therapy that he is wearing me out. But, he was one of the lucky ones.
                Great to hear and good luck to Daddio.

I am not allowed to visit Mamma Gards at present due to Covid restrictions so we communicate on the dog and bone.
                And I can assure you that she is still chatting very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                  Has Clapton cancelled his New Orleans show yet ?? He said he would not play venue with Vax policy which we currently have.
                  Did not know that. I will be watching with great interest.

I can't see how they're going to hold an indoor show in New Orleans 4 weeks from now to begin with.

I'd be willing to bet anything it's going to be postponed, but I suppose cancellation is also on the table. I find the latter less likely, because Eric wants his money.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

Did not know that. I will be watching with great interest.

I can't see how they're going to hold an indoor show in New Orleans 4 weeks from now to begin with.

I'd be willing to bet anything it's going to be postponed, but I suppose cancellation is also on the table. I find the latter less likely, because Eric wants his money.
                    And on the opposite end of the (sane) spectrum is Jason Isbell, who just canceled his concert in Brandon, MS because they refused to agree with his vax-proof policy.
                    https://twitter.com/JasonIsbell/stat...714664448?s=20

Comment

Saw an ad for the Clapton show last night. Do ticket holders know he's going to cancel....or has Slowhand had a change of heart ??

Comment

Saw an ad for the Clapton show last night. Do ticket holders know he's going to cancel....or has Slowhand had a change of heart ??
                        I think since unvaccinated people are allowed in with proof of a negative test, and since everyone has to wear a mask, vaccinated or not, that Clapton will play as the non vaccinated are not being excluded/segregated/treated differently. but that's just a guess

Comment

Haha. I just got an e-mail pushing this show. I bought tix the day they went onsale just to go see a big show (and to see JLV with his own band - I just saw him last week again at C-Boys in Austin but that's the organ trio) but at this point I hope the postpone or just cancel.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNt4NIQ7FTA

"this has got to stop"

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post
                              I grew up on his music but cannot stand that side of him never mind the message and clunky lyrics. He is hardly a "rebel", more like a misguided old fool.

I've demanded a refund from Ticketmaster for the tix I bought to his show here that he said he will not play due to vax cards needed for entry. I've yet to hear back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post
                                Yawn. Boring song.

Comment

Working...
                                X