Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bros...you can now buy legal edibles locally that get you high af

Loophole'd

In a nutshell, there are canabanoids in hemp that are psychoactive but are in such small quantities that you can't really get high from them......until now.

When people say THC, that term refers to delta-9 thc. One of the canabanoids in hemp, is delta-8 thc. Virtually the same chemical compound as delta-9 thc.

Anyway, until now, nobody really extracted the delta 8 thc from hemp. Now, they do and you can buy it in edibles or vape cartridges.

Much much cheaper online, but you can also get it locally. i honestly can't tell the difference between the high from a delta 8 gummy and a real weed edible.

Anyway, assuming this stuff will be made illegal soon, as more people learn about it.

the stuff I got from a local headshop is $15 bucks for ten 10 mg gummies. I have a pretty high weed tolerance and 2 gummies gets me high af.

Dro pops, bro. Another funny Frenchmen St memory.

Comment

this is what I'm talking about:

https://ibb.co/H7GgfX4

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
        this is what I'm talking about:

https://ibb.co/H7GgfX4

I got these from Higher Ground Dispensary on Canal, which I'm not affiliated with in any way.

Good quality, but like 10x the price of some reputable online vendors.

Still, at $15 for 10, when 2 is PLENTY, still pretty inexpensive.

Comment

nobody?

Comment

nobody?
            No vapes or edibles for me, if I can help it. I'm old school.

Comment

So this Delta 8 product appears legal now in many states as addressed in the national Farm Bill legalizing many hemp products and by-products. Will have to give a try as many reviews are quite positive. Makes CBD more interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Old school? People have been eating weed brownies for ages, gramps

Comment

Originally posted by FestJester View Post
                  So this Delta 8 product appears legal now in many states as addressed in the national Farm Bill legalizing many hemp products and by-products. Will have to give a try as many reviews are quite positive. Makes CBD more interesting. Thanks for the tip.
                  Np. I love a good loophole, and the Farm Bill created a big one for this stuff. Its not to comparable to cbd. It is THC, no question about it. The Farm Bill legalized " any and all derivatives of himp containing less than than 0.3% delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol."

Turns out, THC isn't just one molecule, but two. The second of which being the little known canabanoid called delta 8 thc. It's in hemp in small quantities, and companies have figured out a way to extract it, separating it from the other parts of the plant.

Delta 8 thc is slightly less potent that delta 9 thc. I've read that 10 mg of delta 8 is the equivalent of 10 mg of delta 9 THC. The effect to me is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. I do not think I could accurately tell the difference between the two if I did a blind test. Some people claim its a bit more of a body high and less head high than delta 9 and also that it is less anxiety producing than delta 9. Delta 8 will make you fail a drug test for thc.

Love being able to pop in to pop into the store to pick this stuff up. Ended up getting some drops from another shop in town because I dont really like eating candy all that often. Really loving this stuff and feel like I got let in on a secret, lol.

Comment

For once we agree!

Comment

Old school? People have been eating weed brownies for ages, gramps
                      Right, & it sucks
                      Takes too long to get off, different high too

Comment

We were sure happy to be able to bring a vape with us to Mexico this time. Four months is a long time to go without.

Comment

I have a physical reaction (uncomfortable arrhythmia) when smoking Sativa, so alot of the modern hi-test non-hybrid weed strains are lost on me. I do buy hybrid Strawberry Kush when I can find it, but even that is hit & miss - but when it's a hit, it has an elation/energized high where I've gone into laughing jags. I'm wondering if the THC-8 will offer the same varietal subtleties. I recall the physician who wrote my medical Rx some years back describing the research about consuming any of the cannabinoids without the full proportional complement of THC-9, CBD, terpenes, and such, not having a full-spectrum effect. As for edibles, my favorite consume-to-get-high product was the Hi-Fi bar - originally available in 200 mg chocolate bars for $12... memories. But one door closes (legalizing & clamping edibles to a 100 mg max) and another opens. I found myself looking for calmer less-psychotropic-delirium and more pain & anxiety relief and found it in this 1:1 THC/CBD product from Wana. I cut the 10mg squares in half and it's the perfect dosage - mild euphoric feeling body & head, excellent pain management & virtually no puddin'-headedness upon waking. It is a gummy, so heat is gonna play a role in how these travel - anyone have a puddle of former gummies in a baggie story? Tip: an ice block will reconstitute them, into a sheet of jello-like edible. https://www.wanabrands.com/product/s...-colorado-rec/

I may have to rethink my festival day-use and late-night concoctions when we're able to resume those activities. Until then, cope responsibly with what's in front and behind us.

Comment

^ lots of people claim delta 8 causes less anxiety, so its possible 8t has some effect on the parasympathetic nervous system that causes less cardiac symptoms such as arythemias.

There is some good info here

https://old.reddit.com/r/delta8/

Comment

LOL!!! My buddy gave me a pre-packaged gram of oil to dab and I thought it was ok. Gave less anxiety, but tasted hempy. I could see how the edible is the winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X