Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Li'l Dizzy's to reopen in late January, sold to Wayne Baquet Jr and his wife Arkesha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Li'l Dizzy's to reopen in late January, sold to Wayne Baquet Jr and his wife Arkesha

Some great local restaurant news for a change! Li'l Dizzy's is as New Orleans as it gets plus they will now still be at Jazz Fest whenever that will be.

Baquet and his wife, Janet, have sold Li'l Dizzy's to their son, Wayne Baquet Jr., and their daughter-in-law, Arkesha Baquet. The couple expect to begin a gradual return to business in late January, starting with takeout and catering.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...cacd63596.html

Great news !! Restaurant's are rocking this weekend. Went by Bywater American Bistro on my walk. It was full and they were setting up tables in the warehouse across the street for the overflow. Pretty odd.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
      Some great local restaurant news for a change! Li'l Dizzy's is as New Orleans as it gets plus they will now still be at Jazz Fest whenever that will be.

Baquet and his wife, Janet, have sold Li'l Dizzy's to their son, Wayne Baquet Jr., and their daughter-in-law, Arkesha Baquet. The couple expect to begin a gradual return to business in late January, starting with takeout and catering.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...cacd63596.html
      This makes me very happy!

I am missing NOLA so much; bring on that vaccine!

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        Great news !! Restaurant's are rocking this weekend. Went by Bywater American Bistro on my walk. It was full and they were setting up tables in the warehouse across the street for the overflow. Pretty odd.
        With the amount of case numbers in Nola and surrounds at present I do find that odd, if I was in town I would be avoiding crowds at all times.

The photos of Bourbon Street on New Years Eve were sad, stupid and frightening.

Lisa has been forced to stay at home due to a recent car stack, but has hardly been venturing out for months due to not trusting people to do the right thing RE Covid risk mitigation, and she got sick of getting into arguments with them.

It was good to read the news about Little Dizzys and the new owners sound like smart people.
        I wish them all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

With the amount of case numbers in Nola and surrounds at present I do find that odd, if I was in town I would be avoiding crowds at all times.

The photos of Bourbon Street on New Years Eve were sad, stupid and frightening.

Lisa has been forced to stay at home due to a recent car stack, but has hardly been venturing out for months due to not trusting people to do the right thing RE Covid risk mitigation, and she got sick of getting into arguments with them.

It was good to read the news about Little Dizzys and the new owners sound like smart people.
          I wish them all the best.
          Nina Compton at Bywater American Bistro does a good job of distancing and providing a safe place to eat, thus the warehouse expansion. It looked kinda cozy in there with the cavernous space candle lit and softly lit. The St. Peter Paul Hotel on Burgundy in Marigny is seating it's Elysian Bar/restaurant patrons in the old church.

Comment

Nina Compton at Bywater American Bistro does a good job of distancing and providing a safe place to eat, thus the warehouse expansion. It looked kinda cozy in there with the cavernous space candle lit and softly lit. The St. Peter Paul Hotel on Burgundy in Marigny is seating it's Elysian Bar/restaurant patrons in the old church.
            Did I see that BAB has yurts set up somewhere to facilitate distancing?

Comment

Originally posted by Firsttimer4Evah View Post

Did I see that BAB has yurts set up somewhere to facilitate distancing?
              Hmmm. Didn't see any, but I just did a quick walk by. Had to google yurts....

Comment

When I saw that word used recently I had to do the same thing. Never heard of a yurt before.

Comment

Wikipedia says that a traditional yurt is made out of skins. That may cause issues with this crowd of "woke-progressives"

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                    Wikipedia says that a traditional yurt is made out of skins. That may cause issues with this crowd of "woke-progressives"
                    It puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again.

Comment

found it https://nola.eater.com/2020/11/18/21...ng-new-orleans

Comment

l
                        Originally posted by Firsttimer4Evah View Post
                        Cool. They must have had the yurts set up in the warehouse. Thanks for the link !!

Comment

How a yurt would be any different from eating inside in a large-ish room is kind of laughable. We had several brewery taprooms and restaurants partner by putting up tall event/circus/wedding tents up with no sidewalls, safely spaced tables, and radiant propane heaters - plenty comfortable and arguably "safe". What won't happen with the yurts is the industrious theft of the large tents coverings overnight. I've helped put up & take down a few of those portable tent garages at music festivals - you could be seriously injured by falling steel pipe if you're not paying attention! Fact is, I was going to see about buying one after the virus has been minimized and either the restaurant or company that rented the tent clears inventory. You know, put down a little real estate at a festival where your tent door is a foot away from the next tent?

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                            How a yurt would be any different from eating inside in a large-ish room is kind of laughable. We had several brewery taprooms and restaurants partner by putting up tall event/circus/wedding tents up with no sidewalls, safely spaced tables, and radiant propane heaters - plenty comfortable and arguably "safe". What won't happen with the yurts is the industrious theft of the large tents coverings overnight. I've helped put up & take down a few of those portable tent garages at music festivals - you could be seriously injured by falling steel pipe if you're not paying attention! Fact is, I was going to see about buying one after the virus has been minimized and either the restaurant or company that rented the tent clears inventory. You know, put down a little real estate at a festival where your tent door is a foot away from the next tent?
                            The biggest risk for indoor dining, assuming the staff is masked, probably comes from other diners in the room. The yurt takes that away, though I'd probably only be comfortable if I was the first seating of the day. A private dining room may have a similar benefit, may still have risk if the ventilation system is shared. A well spaced tent may be fairly safe, but even with heaters may have some exposure to the cold or wind.
                            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

The biggest risk for indoor dining, assuming the staff is masked, probably comes from other diners in the room. The yurt takes that away, though I'd probably only be comfortable if I was the first seating of the day. A private dining room may have a similar benefit, may still have risk if the ventilation system is shared. A well spaced tent may be fairly safe, but even with heaters may have some exposure to the cold or wind.
                              I'd rather just eat outside, get to-go food or just stay home. I do go indoors to eat once in a while but usually at odd times when the places are slow or dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X