Wow. Just. Wow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Just. Wow...

Story of the day should be Georgia, but there is a little coup going on in D.C.

I know there is a politics Thread somewhere around here. This seems more than just politics.

Some lousy police work, at a minimum... They sure found rubber bullets to use in Portland but allowed these terrorists to access the Senate Chamber and the offices of Congressional members inside the building.

Comment

This happening was no surprise at all, the Orange Crusader has been egging them on for weeks, aided by many fools in the media and sycophants within his own party.

The extraordinary thing was the lack of a proper containment plan and not having enough human resources deployed for the protection of the Capitol Building this is astounding and heads should roll.

Once again just like with the response to the Coronavirus the good old USA has sadly been made to look very stupid in the eyes of lots of the World.

Thankfully we can at least have Georgia On Our Mind.

Comment

play time is over at the capitol

https://twitter.com/4TheCulture____/...67312256159744

Comment

I don't like seeing police use batons but have to not feel too bad about this. These people have been told to get off the streets and, after what occured today, there can be no reason to allow them to stay. Batons were routinely used on people protesting over George Floyd, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
            Some lousy police work, at a minimum... They sure found rubber bullets to use in Portland but allowed these terrorists to access the Senate Chamber and the offices of Congressional members inside the building.
            Exactly

Comment

I wish police had used live ammo

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post
                About time...

Comment

Yesterday at the Capital was basically a massive Klan rally without the hoods.....or masks. Bunch of pasty, old white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                    This happening was no surprise at all, the Orange Crusader has been egging them on for weeks, aided by many fools in the media and sycophants within his own party.

The extraordinary thing was the lack of a proper containment plan and not having enough human resources deployed for the protection of the Capitol Building this is astounding and heads should roll.
                    I can't remember the attribution, but a Congressman being interviewed last night by Lawrence O'Donnell remarked that this type of assault on the Capitol would apparently have been ridiculously easy for a well-trained, well-armed, small group of attackers. If some hillbilly flyover state wants to allow armed militia types to be able to storm their state capitols, I suppose that's a regional preference, but I thought the federal buildings and facilities were guarded by the anonymous jack-booted mystery steroid-raging federal storm-troops in advance of a suspected onslaught. They were brutally guarding some run-of-the-mill federal building in freakin' Portland just last year.

Expect the Chief of the Capitol Police to be eviscerated in front of those same Congressmen and women that were under siege within days... but better hurry, before he has a chance to retire due to stress-related issues at what will surely be 150% of his salary. My pessimism about the inverse proportional relationship between fire/police accountability and retirement bennies grows with every passing year. And, for better or worse, the Capitol will soon be as fortified and as impenetrable as the White House currently is. Thanks, "conservatives".

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                      Yesterday at the Capital was basically a massive Klan rally without the hoods.....or masks. Bunch of pasty, old white people.
                      I notice that for some reason good ol' 20-20 has been off of the board for the last little while...?

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post

And, for better or worse, the Capitol will soon be as fortified and as impenetrable as the White House currently is. Thanks, "conservatives".
                        It already was like that. My girlfriend grew up in D.C. and was asleep while it was going on. When she saw the footage, the first thing she said was, "They had to have been let in. No way would that be possible given the security in the area."

Comment

Why hasn't Rudy Guiliani been arrested for inciting a riot, after saying "lets have trial by combat" to the mob that invaded The Capitol????

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

It already was like that. My girlfriend grew up in D.C. and was asleep while it was going on. When she saw the footage, the first thing she said was, "They had to have been let in. No way would that be possible given the security in the area."
                            Very fishy indeed.... how could they even get in????

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

I notice that for some reason good ol' 20-20 has been off of the board for the last little while...?
                              He can dish it out but can't take it...

Comment

Working...
                              X