Matassa's to close after 100 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matassa's to close after 100 years.

This one stings. Cosimo's old grocery store in the Quarter, started by his father in 1924 to close it's doors.

French Quarter grocery Matassa’s to close after nearly 100 years, faces uncertain future | Where NOLA Eats | nola.com

Picture in the article shows Louis Matassa wearing a J&M Music T-shirt (!)

Wonder where he got dat...?

It IS a darn shame to lose a historic business, especially one so NOLA as Matassa's. All I can do is sympathize, though.

In my next life, I want to be rich - instead of good looking.

Comment

Matassa’s will shut down after the close of business on Thursday , according to co-owners Louis Matassa and Vincent Catalanotto Jr. Business has been too slow to stay open.

Asked about the possibility of selling the business, Catalanotto said he couldn’t comment, but he did say he hopes the store can return somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by freebo View Post
        Picture in the article shows Louis Matassa wearing a J&M Music T-shirt (!)

Wonder where he got dat...?

[/I] a darn shame to lose a historic business, especially one so NOLA as Matassa's. All I can do is sympathize, though.
        Well, he got the idea from a Threadhead, but not that shirt.

It is sad. Have wonderful memories of meeting up with Cos there. And some messy but delicious poboys.

Comment

And another one. The Golden Lantern on Royal Street for sale. One of the Quarter's oldest Gay bars and home to Southern Decadence. Damn.

Comment

Not so fast:

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...rce=reddit.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
              That is some good news for a change

Comment

Working...
              X