No announcement yet.

Jazz Fest to be postponed to October, source says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belated thanks to jjazznj, duende, kemp, and jim for Maverick 's responses and recommendations. My bored attendance is sometimes sporadic. I'll try to check out some of those mentioned.
    I intend to remain optimistic about JF happening in the Fall; hope like that is the best antidote to the sort of February we're having in Chicago right now: a foot of snow on the ground, sub-zero temps at night/single-digit highs, and more of both on the way.

Comment

15% of the US population has now received the first shot (at least), which is more than 1 in 7 Americans.
      Progress, but pace needs to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
        15% of the US population has now received the first shot (at least), which is more than 1 in 7 Americans.
        Nothing much to do since only about 15% of the population is eligible. That might be estimating high in California.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
          The JJ vaccine being approved will help move things along big time. Single shot, no special refrigeration = game changer

Comment

Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post

Nothing much to do since only about 15% of the population is eligible. That might be estimating high in California.
            It varies widely by state.

Everyone is eligible in Alaska right now.

In Connecticut, all healthcare workers, teachers and those 55 and older are eligible right now.

I don't turn 55 until next month, so I am in the next age group, 45-54, which becomes eligible on March 22.

Comment

That February high-five'ing around here petered-out about the time the significance of having 40M residents kicked-in. And still only 2 senators, looking at you, North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

It varies widely by state.

Everyone is eligible in Alaska right now.

In Connecticut, all healthcare workers, teachers and those 55 and older are eligible right now.

I don't turn 55 until next month, so I am in the next age group, 45-54, which becomes eligible on March 22.

You are mistaken about Alaska. Everyone there is not currently eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post

You are mistaken about Alaska. Everyone there is not currently eligible.
                  Technically, no. Practically, almost.

I know a lot of people who live there. If you want one, you can get one.

Technically it’s 55 and older or any of several different circumstances or medical conditions that cover most of the people who would want one. They have distributed more of their vaccine to a greater percentage of their population than any other state.

Last I checked CT was third on the list so I’m not complaining. I will be eligible soon enough, and much sooner than I thought I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

Technically, no. Practically, almost.

I know a lot of people who live there. If you want one, you can get one.

Technically it’s 55 and older or any of several different circumstances or medical conditions that cover most of the people who would want one. They have distributed more of their vaccine to a greater percentage of their population than any other state.

Last I checked CT was third on the list so I’m not complaining. I will be eligible soon enough, and much sooner than I thought I would.

You could say the same exsame same thing about pretty much every state, certainly Louisana and Mississippi. There may be some states requiring proof that you meet current guidelines, but for the most part its an honor system.

Comment

• Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post

You could say the same exsame same thing about pretty much every state, certainly Louisana and Mississippi. There may be some states requiring proof that you meet current guidelines, but for the most part its an honor system.
                      I know many people who went to Mississippi and just claimed to be cigarette smokers. Easy peasy. Also know people vaccinated here in New Orleans who were not asked to provide any proof.

Comment

I know many people who went to Mississippi and just claimed to be cigarette smokers. Easy peasy. Also know people vaccinated here in New Orleans who were not asked to provide any proof.
                        So do I. Even here if you are a smoker they'll give it to you. It's one of the criteria on the form you need to fill out. That does not make much sense to me.

Comment

That’s why CT decided to go strictly age-based after the healthcare workers and teachers got theirs. You can’t game your age when you have to show ID. I mean, unless you are going the fake ID route, in which case knock yourself out.

Comment

• The Year of Living Stupidly ....

The ImmunoCompromised are not eligible but an over 64 desk jockey working from home for a year cowering under the bed in fear with loads of toilet paper goes to the front of the line. LAUSD finally decided teacher should be immunized this week - did a whopping 100 people. That ought to cover 600,000 students.

Luckily I'm smart and healthy since I can't even see the end of the line. I'm more inclined to let someone who actually needs the shot have mine (oh wait, I don't have one).

I might be eligible for Covid-22.

Comment

• Now all I can think about is how many people who live in Alaska does Bonnie Raitt know...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

That’s why CT decided to go strictly age-based after the healthcare workers and teachers got theirs. You can’t game your age when you have to show ID. I mean, unless you are going the fake ID route, in which case knock yourself out.
                                You could try real ID and a granny disguise.
                                https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...bui-story.html

Comment

Working...
                                X