Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by festivalgirl View Post
    The Year of Living Stupidly ....

Luckily I'm smart and healthy since I can't even see the end of the line. I'm more inclined to let someone who actually needs the shot have mine (oh wait, I don't have one).

I might be eligible for Covid-22.
    The President says there should be a vaccine for everyone in the country who wants one by the end of May.

We'll see whether that comes to pass, but I am optimistic that it will.

Comment

• The Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be a game-changer once it starts shipping and getting into arms.
      Not having to 'reserve' vaccine for the second doses will get things moving pretty quickly.

Comment

• This vaccine rollout, has never been fair. Since the beginning. Giving each state their own rules, along with the for profit hospitals weighing in, allowing them to vaccinate all their back office people.. folks that haven't worked, or stepped foot in a hospital, ever. Allowing for profit 'medical' businesses to use the vaccine as they saw fit.... their friends, family and high paying clients to jump the line. Anything other than truly front line workers....rest homes, grocery stores, all folks that have to deal with idiotic non mask wearers...true front line hospital workers... cafeteria, janitorial, orderlies, and in between; folks that are truly compromised...whether it's from a life style or a medical condition,... the rollout has been bullshit. Get your shot as soon as you can, regardless of what someone else thinks, and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by linza22 View Post
          This vaccine rollout, has never been fair. Since the beginning. Giving each state their own rules, along with the for profit hospitals weighing in, allowing them to vaccinate all their back office people.. folks that haven't worked, or stepped foot in a hospital, ever. Allowing for profit 'medical' businesses to use the vaccine as they saw fit.... their friends, family and high paying clients to jump the line. Anything other than truly front line workers....rest homes, grocery stores, all folks that have to deal with idiotic non mask wearers...true front line hospital workers... cafeteria, janitorial, orderlies, and in between; folks that are truly compromised...whether it's from a life style or a medical condition,... the rollout has been bullshit. Get your shot as soon as you can, regardless of what someone else thinks, and move on.
          I don't disagree with your priorities, but the states were not given their own rules for distribution. They were left to decide it on their own, and each has done it differently.

Whether or not there should have been a federal policy for distribution is a fair question. I don't know the answer to that. But the fact is that there was none.

I also don't envy those who are charged with the responsibility for setting the distribution policy. As but one example of the dilemmas they face is the conflict between the priorities you identify and the practical, logistical problem of applying those criteria in a streamlined manner that is neither easily exploited nor unduly burdensome.

I think of vaccines in general as a public health issue, not an individual health issue. To that end, I think you have to consider whether a given distribution method results in getting more vaccines into more arms as quickly as possible, because a delay could undermine the entire effort if the spread of the new variants outpaces the vaccination rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lit View Post

I don't disagree with your priorities, but the states were not given their own rules for distribution. They were left to decide it on their own, and each has done it differently.

Whether or not there should have been a federal policy for distribution is a fair question. I don't know the answer to that. But the fact is that there was none.

I also don't envy those who are charged with the responsibility for setting the distribution policy. As but one example of the dilemmas they face is the conflict between the priorities you identify and the practical, logistical problem of applying those criteria in a streamlined manner that is neither easily exploited nor unduly burdensome.

I think of vaccines in general as a public health issue, not an individual health issue. To that end, I think you have to consider whether a given distribution method results in getting more vaccines into more arms as quickly as possible, because a delay could undermine the entire effort if the spread of the new variants outpaces the vaccination rate.
            I agree with you. It is a public health issue, get the vaccine out as quickly as possible. I would not want to sit on any medical ethics board, for this vaccine. No way. There has been so much vaccine shaming, judging, envy etc. It had made me shy away from people I thought were pretty good acquaintance. Course, Facebook had me feeling that way for a long time, anyway! The lack of vaccine took a public health issue and made it a personal issue, I'm afraid. Onward and upward to festivals and friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
              The Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be a game-changer once it starts shipping and getting into arms.
              Not having to 'reserve' vaccine for the second doses will get things moving pretty quickly.
              It's already here. I'm getting it tomorrow at The Convention Center.

My 85 year old Dad was on multiple vaccine waiting lists up in NJ but unfortunately he was never able to get it and passed away today from this awful virus. This terrible year just came to a horrific end for me and my family. His wife, who also caught it but was not as sick was in the same hospital but could not even see him at the end nor could anyone else in our family. I have felt bad for all of the families having to go through what we are going through but of course never thought it would be us.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

My 85 year old Dad was on multiple vaccine waiting lists up in NJ but unfortunately he was never able to get it and passed away today from this awful virus. This terrible year just came to a horrific end for me and my family. His wife, who also caught it but was not as sick was in the same hospital but could not even see him at the end nor could anyone else in our family. I have felt bad for all of the families having to go through what we are going through but of course never thought it would be us.
                I'm so very sorry this virus took your dad.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your Dad, no matter their age, there is never enough time with those that we love.

Comment

I am so very sorry. That's heartbreaking.

Comment

I am terribly sorry to hear about your father. That is brutal.

Comment

That's heartbreaking, James, so sorry for your loss and condolences to your entire family. I'm re-thinking almost every action out of my house with the goal-posts somewhat in sight.

Comment

How awful.

Peace to you and your family.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• So sorry, jjazznj.

Comment

My heart goes out to you and your family. Hang in there, together we will get to the other side.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, but even more sorry to hear that he was alone. That breaks my heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X