X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My condolences.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

It's already here. I'm getting it tomorrow at The Convention Center.

My 85 year old Dad was on multiple vaccine waiting lists up in NJ but unfortunately he was never able to get it and passed away today from this awful virus. This terrible year just came to a horrific end for me and my family. His wife, who also caught it but was not as sick was in the same hospital but could not even see him at the end nor could anyone else in our family. I have felt bad for all of the families having to go through what we are going through but of course never thought it would be us.
      I am very sorry for your loss. May your dad Rest In Peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEfromLA View Post
        The Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be a game-changer once it starts shipping and getting into arms.
        Not having to 'reserve' vaccine for the second doses will get things moving pretty quickly.
        THe Vax site i'm working at received 20k J&J doses yesterday. THe problem we are having is the system was set up to do a 2 dose distribution. so they are scrambling to re work it and trying to figure out who will get the J&J vs the Pfizer we have been distributing.

Comment

• Sorry jjazznj. That's a tragedy indeed. I have never really gotten over losing my father after decades. He was a friend and a mentor and just a good man. I suspect you may feel the same about yours. A tough and rough stretch in the road. Hang in there.

Comment

• Sincere condolences to you and all Family.

Comment

My 85 year old Dad was on multiple vaccine waiting lists up in NJ but unfortunately he was never able to get it and passed away today from this awful virus. This terrible year just came to a horrific end for me and my family. His wife, who also caught it but was not as sick was in the same hospital but could not even see him at the end nor could anyone else in our family. I have felt bad for all of the families having to go through what we are going through but of course never thought it would be us.
              So sorry for your loss, James.
              NJ's roll-out has been a mess. They should have finished the elderly before opening it up to people with underlying conditions. That just made it a free-for-all. Most people & hospitals don't seem to know what conditions are eligible. And they are doing it on the honor system, and I know people are lying to get the vaccine. That makes me mad. (We're not doing that).

I deal with the public at my shop every day, but my retail business is not essential. It's going to be awhile until I am eligible. But I don't have a choice if I need to make a living. I wish I lived in CT, where my age would get me a shot.
              Last edited by The Krewe of Chew; 03-04-2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post

So sorry for your loss, James.
                NJ's roll-out has been a mess. They should have finished the elderly before opening it up to people with underlying conditions. That just made it a free-for-all. Most people & hospitals don't seem to know what conditions are eligible. And they are doing it on the honor system, and I know people are lying to get the vaccine. That makes me mad. (We're not doing that).

I deal with the public at my shop every day, but my retail business is not essential. It's going to be awhile until I am eligible. But I don't have a choice if I need to make a living. I wish I lived in CT, where my age would get me a shot.
                What type of shop do you have and where is it? Just curious.

Comment

• Thanks everyone! Tough times for so many. Hope to make it to B Macs next Wed. Maybe actually meet a few of y'all there in person for once.

Comment

• So sorry, jjazznj. I hope you get to raise a glass to your dad with THs at BMacs next week.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. Our condolences to you and your family and I can't even imagine what you're going through...

We've both lost our dads and miss them all the time. Good luck with getting the vaccine, and peace be with you.

Comment

• very sorry for your loss

Comment

Very sorry. My ninety year old Dad surprised everyone by surviving Covid, and came home a month ago after being hospitalized since Nov 22th. He's improving but still on a feeding tube and low level oxygen and requires twenty-four hour watching which is provided by my sister and I so this will have an effect on my traveling and concert attending. Still, glad to have him back. Again, very sorry about your loss. Covid is a bitch.
                          Last edited by Kemp; 03-05-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Sorry to hear of your father's passing. This virus has been brutal to so many folks. Take care and stay safe and strong.

Comment

• I am so very sorry for you and your family, for your heartbreaking loss...

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. Every covid death is tragic, but there is a unique sting when those people pass who would have otherwise been ok had they been able to get one of the 76 million doses of vaccine already distributed.

And to see places like Florida let young healthy people in rich zip codes jump the line is absolutely infuriating.

Comment

Working...
                                X