X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• innertube
    replied
    Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post

just go to Mississippi and get one.. their residents don't seem to want their vaccine as there are thousands of available on the states website.

Anyone with a preexisting condition qualifies, although it is of course up to you whether or not you meet one of the conditions.

At this point, every man for themselves, imo.
    In Louisiana almost everyone can get one, if you want one...check it out.

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
    James, I'm so sorry to hear of your Father's passing. Sending you peace and comfort.

I have some thoughts on the vaccine and how things are going, at least from my point of view here in Camden County NJ: as I shared previously, I received my vaccine early on via a combination of luck, skill, and a chronic medical condition for which I had received emergency room treatment last year which I suspect provided me some priority in the scheduling system? either that or luck.... I received my second dose (moderna) two weeks ago, so I'm fully marinated and ready to go. My Mom and my best friend who were both also eligible are due to receive their second doses of moderna in PA later this week as are the others who I assisted in scheduling appointments. Fortunately, I haven't gotten involved with helping anyone else schedule their appointments- a bunch of my friends in Philly who were totally unable to find anything all received their first doses of Pfizer last wednesday. My couple of teacher friends here in south jersey are all scheduled this week. And my boyfriend Kris, who is a 1C, received an email from the state letting him know he could schedule his appointment- he received the one dose J&J vaccine saturday morning. Of course after I was tormented by side effects after both doses, he experienced no side effects at all and reported "I feel happier than I've felt in a year!" as he ate a slice of cake and drank a beer afterward.

NJ's website says that most 1Cish folks are able to schedule beginning March 15, but Kris received his email inviting him to get his shot last week-- so did some other friends (the teachers mentioned above) this makes me believe that J&J supplies truly are a game changer. Kris went to the same mega-site that I was at on Jan 22 and Feb 19, and his report indicates that they were running at maximum volume saturday whereas both times that I was there I could tell that they were ready for volume but unable to at that time.

I've heard terrible reports about other parts of the state and I'm truly grateful that it doesn't appear that we've had the same issues or not on the same scale at least. I really think that the Jenga tower is tipping and falling and we'll be seeing people getting their shots very very quickly.
    Thanks for the well wishes. That is interesting about your boyfriend as I got the J&J on Friday here in NOLA and felt terrible for a day or two. I did donate blood on Wed, lost my Dad on Thurs and haven't slept very well lately with everything going on so who knows, maybe it a combination of everything.

The sad part about my Dad was that he hardly ever left the house except for doctors appointments and even though I'm pretty careful I went on 2 plane trips to Austin and Tampa, have seen lots of outdoor music and have seen a couple of sporting events and I'm fine. I would have much rather gotten it myself as I could probably make it through without getting too sick.

Leave a comment:

• fichadelphia
    replied
    James, I'm so sorry to hear of your Father's passing. Sending you peace and comfort.

I have some thoughts on the vaccine and how things are going, at least from my point of view here in Camden County NJ: as I shared previously, I received my vaccine early on via a combination of luck, skill, and a chronic medical condition for which I had received emergency room treatment last year which I suspect provided me some priority in the scheduling system? either that or luck.... I received my second dose (moderna) two weeks ago, so I'm fully marinated and ready to go. My Mom and my best friend who were both also eligible are due to receive their second doses of moderna in PA later this week as are the others who I assisted in scheduling appointments. Fortunately, I haven't gotten involved with helping anyone else schedule their appointments- a bunch of my friends in Philly who were totally unable to find anything all received their first doses of Pfizer last wednesday. My couple of teacher friends here in south jersey are all scheduled this week. And my boyfriend Kris, who is a 1C, received an email from the state letting him know he could schedule his appointment- he received the one dose J&J vaccine saturday morning. Of course after I was tormented by side effects after both doses, he experienced no side effects at all and reported "I feel happier than I've felt in a year!" as he ate a slice of cake and drank a beer afterward.

NJ's website says that most 1Cish folks are able to schedule beginning March 15, but Kris received his email inviting him to get his shot last week-- so did some other friends (the teachers mentioned above) this makes me believe that J&J supplies truly are a game changer. Kris went to the same mega-site that I was at on Jan 22 and Feb 19, and his report indicates that they were running at maximum volume saturday whereas both times that I was there I could tell that they were ready for volume but unable to at that time.

I've heard terrible reports about other parts of the state and I'm truly grateful that it doesn't appear that we've had the same issues or not on the same scale at least. I really think that the Jenga tower is tipping and falling and we'll be seeing people getting their shots very very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• cp_deb
    replied

just go to Mississippi and get one.. their residents don't seem to want their vaccine as there are thousands of available on the states website.

Anyone with a preexisting condition qualifies, although it is of course up to you whether or not you meet one of the conditions.

Might be a bit tough for us to get to Mississippi from Guadalajara for a vaccine. We don't even want to fly through Houston on our way home in a couple months...opted instead for a direct flight.

Leave a comment:

• TornAndFrayed
    replied
    Originally posted by cp_deb View Post
    We are not temporary or permanent residents here yet, so we're not eligible for a vaccine nor are we eligible for one at home in California...we figure by the time we get home we'll be at the front of the line. Since we're not coming to New Orleans in April this year we extended our stay here a month.

Leave a comment:

• The Krewe of Chew
    replied
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Looks like my kind of store! I'll be up there this Summer. I will try and stop by. I used to hang out is AP a lot in the late 70s and 80s. I saw a lot of shows at Convention Hall, The Paramount, Fast Lane, Wonder Bar and of course The Stone Pony. And I love The Count Basie Theater although I only saw a couple of show there.
    I would love to meet you! Let me know when you will be coming up. I think AP will be jumping this summer.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalFestLover
    replied

It's already here. I'm getting it tomorrow at The Convention Center.

My 85 year old Dad was on multiple vaccine waiting lists up in NJ but unfortunately he was never able to get it and passed away today from this awful virus. This terrible year just came to a horrific end for me and my family. His wife, who also caught it but was not as sick was in the same hospital but could not even see him at the end nor could anyone else in our family. I have felt bad for all of the families having to go through what we are going through but of course never thought it would be us.
    I send my condolences as well. That is very sad to hear. This virus is so horrible.

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj
    replied
    Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post

I have a vintage clothing/retro shop in Asbury Park. I've been there for 7 years. Before that it was in Red Bank for 28 years. https://www.backwardglances.com/
    Looks like my kind of store! I'll be up there this Summer. I will try and stop by. I used to hang out is AP a lot in the late 70s and 80s. I saw a lot of shows at Convention Hall, The Paramount, Fast Lane, Wonder Bar and of course The Stone Pony. And I love The Count Basie Theater although I only saw a couple of show there.

Leave a comment:

• Marignygregg
    replied
    Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post

I have a vintage clothing/retro shop in Asbury Park. I've been there for 7 years. Before that it was in Red Bank for 28 years. https://www.backwardglances.com/
    Looks like a really cool store !! Great website too.

Leave a comment:

• The Krewe of Chew
    replied

What type of shop do you have and where is it? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• cp_deb
    replied
    We are not temporary or permanent residents here yet, so we're not eligible for a vaccine nor are we eligible for one at home in California...we figure by the time we get home we'll be at the front of the line. Since we're not coming to New Orleans in April this year we extended our stay here a month.

Leave a comment:

• festbabe
    replied
    jjazznj, I'm sorry your father passed. Looking forward to meeting you and having a drink soon (don't think we'll make BMac's next week, but we'll get out, soon!).

Leave a comment:

• Kemp
    replied

I'm so sorry for your loss. Every covid death is tragic, but there is a unique sting when those people pass who would have otherwise been ok had they been able to get one of the 76 million doses of vaccine already distributed.

And to see places like Florida let young healthy people in rich zip codes jump the line is absolutely infuriating.
    Agree. It is infuriating how inept some states and localities have been in distributing the vaccine. I have to applaud NC where it was easy for Vicki and I to get ours. Virginia friends our age are still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• TornAndFrayed
    replied

It's already here. I'm getting it tomorrow at The Convention Center.

My 85 year old Dad was on multiple vaccine waiting lists up in NJ but unfortunately he was never able to get it and passed away today from this awful virus. This terrible year just came to a horrific end for me and my family. His wife, who also caught it but was not as sick was in the same hospital but could not even see him at the end nor could anyone else in our family. I have felt bad for all of the families having to go through what we are going through but of course never thought it would be us.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Every covid death is tragic, but there is a unique sting when those people pass who would have otherwise been ok had they been able to get one of the 76 million doses of vaccine already distributed.

And to see places like Florida let young healthy people in rich zip codes jump the line is absolutely infuriating.

Leave a comment:

• Renee
    replied
    I am so very sorry for you and your family, for your heartbreaking loss...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X