If ANYONE needs a covid vax, I can tell you where to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If ANYONE needs a covid vax, I can tell you where to go

Its a pharmacy 2 hours away in a nearby red state. They were having to throw out doses because not enough people were signing up. There are no restrictions on any adult who wants to get one through this place. Don't even have to be a resident of the state.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, pm me and ill tell you the name of the pharmacy. All you have to do is call and make an appointment.

So you're saying that some folks are gonna M-I-S-S out on this chance to re-claim some sort of normalcy? But Y'all come back for Jazzfest! damn...

Comment

There was an article a few days ago NOLA.COM that federal law says states cannot have residency requirements, so you are free to go across any border (or body of water, if that's your thing). It also mentioned that many folks were going to Mississippi for vaccines, including a couple from the midwest or northwest or someplace (Minnesota? Can't remember, but it was a long drive).

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
        So you're saying that some folks are gonna M-I-S-S out on this chance to re-claim some sort of normalcy? But Y'all come back for Jazzfest! damn...
        What do you mean "chance?"

This pharmacy was having to throw doses away because not enough people sign up.

I'm not sure exactly how their system works, there are a certain number of doses each day that the pharmacy has alloted for people of any age or profession/no restrictions. For people who don't meet the normal regs (young, etc), you have to go to pharmacy website and register for one of that days allotment of doses. They do run out of these doses daily, so you should be on the website to register right at 7 am. They don't make appointments for specific times, so once you reserve your dose, you just show up and wait your turn.

Im hesitant to post the name of the pharmacy publicly, but im happy to share the info with anyone who pms me.

My mom is 64 with preexisting health conditions. In Alabama, that puts her in the same group as healthy 18 year old. She was very happy yo find out about this pharmacy and was able to get vaccinated with no problems whatsoever.

BTW, the vaccine they are administering is the one from Moderna.

Comment

Something sounds rather wacky here.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
            Something sounds rather wacky here.

There's nothing wackey. Its a mom and pop pharmacy who can't opposite efficiently enough to distribute all their doses to people who are actually over 65 or healthcare workers. They were having to throw doses out because of their shitty job of scheduling since the vaccine only has a limited shelf life. There is nothing forcing them to follow the cdc's guidelines which are merely recommendations. Eventually they threw up their as and said "f it" we will just give out half our doses to anyone who wants one.

My mom is under 65 and got her first dose from this place a couple of days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post

There's nothing wackey. Its a mom and pop pharmacy who can't opposite efficiently enough to distribute all their doses to people who are actually over 65 or healthcare workers. They were having to throw doses out because of their shitty job of scheduling since the vaccine only has a limited shelf life. There is nothing forcing them to follow the cdc's guidelines which are merely recommendations. Eventually they threw up their as and said "f it" we will just give out half our doses to anyone who wants one.

If they are throwing out vaccines that millions want and need, that's wacky. Why were they even given vaccines that they could not use? Something ain't right.

Comment

I agree with you. I have been reading about where and why this has been happening.

Much better than it going to waste

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

If they are throwing out vaccines that millions want and need, that's wacky. Why were they even given vaccines that they could not use? Something ain't right.
                  Not sure how it works in every state, but in Alabama, the state allocates their vaccines to various distribution points across the state. Most of these places are hospitals or large well established doctors offices. These places are able to adhere to the cdc guidelines and get their doses out on time. A small number of the distribution points are tiny ass mom and pop pharmacies. Whether it is lack of money, lack of employees, lack of intelligence, etc, these places were not able to efficiently schedule people to take the vaccine quickly enough. There is a limited shelf life and when they started having to throw out expired vaccine, they decided to open up their doses to anyone who wants, rather than run into the risk of throwing it out.

Comment

Not sure how it works in every state, but in Alabama, the state allocates their vaccines to various distribution points across the state. Most of these places are hospitals or large well established doctors offices. These places are able to adhere to the cdc guidelines and get their doses out on time. A small number of the distribution points are tiny ass mom and pop pharmacies. Whether it is lack of money, lack of employees, lack of intelligence, etc, these places were not able to efficiently schedule people to take the vaccine quickly enough. There is a limited shelf life and when they started having to throw out expired vaccine, they decided to open up their doses to anyone who wants, rather than run into the risk of throwing it out.
                    No doubt better off giving them to anyone who wants it before throwing them out. Just more proof distribution was not very well thought out. They only had months to work on it. Hopefully everyone will get on the same page. It is a massive undertaking.

Comment

article today re Ala said they aren't reporting their numbers correctly so they aren't getting more vaccines like they should be
                      https://www.al.com/news/2021/01/what...pens-next.html

The state itself doesn’t know how many vaccines it has given out. The Alabama Department of Public Health, the agency in charge of the rollout, says it lacks data on shots on the ground due to a technological glitch.
                      It's like nobody is in charge. I don't except to get it for a while.

Comment

I was just ranting to my wife this morning (and, yeah, she's weary of being an audience of one) that, as a former active staff in a "fixin' to get around to discussing how to start managing stuff" agency, there is nothing wrong with telling the affected public about an eventual policy roll-out. In fact, the public often appreciates your candor and can now accept that it might be months more before their first vaccination and then eventually their second dose knowing you have a plan and can then plan their year accordingly. But I'll admit to turning my eyes into the "Gold Country" hills (see State of Jefferson) and looking into doses sitting unused, dovetailing nicely with those communities' stubborn no-masking anti-authoritarian attitudes while simultaneously supporting very authoritarian government figures. Sweet. I'll take that vaccine, and thank ye kindly! It doesn't feel like jumping the line somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                          But I'll admit to turning my eyes into the "Gold Country" hills (see State of Jefferson) and looking into doses sitting unused, dovetailing nicely with those communities' stubborn no-masking anti-authoritarian attitudes while simultaneously supporting very authoritarian government figures.
                          I always felt the Gold Country was full of hippies and maybe that is true for the Grass Valley/Nevada City area as opposed to Auburn where I ended up post-Katrina. But Placer County is huge and may well be more conservative than Orange County. I know the Placer County Sheriffs were pretty redneck. That was one reason I was happy to come back to NOLA after a couple years...I felt the cops there were always eye-ballin' me.

Comment

State of Jefferson checking in...I can't speak for anything but my county, but they are doing an awesome job with vax distribution. "Reddest" part of the state by far. With all the folks here who won't opt to get it, we will all be vaxed by April...feel free to come grab a shot!!

Comment

Originally posted by halley8 View Post
                              State of Jefferson checking in...I can't speak for anything but my county, but they are doing an awesome job with vax distribution. "Reddest" part of the state by far. With all the folks here who won't opt to get it, we will all be vaxed by April...feel free to come grab a shot!!
                              Hope your ok after the tornado last night. Let us thank all of the red folks for helping us blue folks.
                              I have a brother in Leeds.

Comment

Working...
                              X