Liuzza's by the Track owner Jimmy Lemarie has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post
    For many years there was a place on St. Charles called the Blind Pelican that had some pretty amazing Happy Hour deals on oysters and booze, but apparently it closed for good a couple of years ago, before Covid.

I always enjoyed it there, good food & drinks at really reasonable prices.
    25 cent ersters. Last I heard they jumped up to 50 cents. Did not know they closed.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Reuben... reuben... reuben... bought a house... reuben.

I think they call that burying the lede.

Congrats, and welcome to the neighborhood! You moving, or is this just a getaway spot?
      Ha!

I've been down here since March and plan to stay unless work drags me away.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Report back. Always on the hunt for a good Rueben !! Where is High Hat and Pelican ?

Congrats on the house, btw !!
        Both are uptown, High Hat on Freret and Pelican on Magazine. By the way, I was in Conseco on Esplanade today and saw that they have a reuben on their menu too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post

Both are uptown, High Hat on Freret and Pelican on Magazine. By the way, I was in Conseco on Esplanade today and saw that they have a reuben on their menu too.
          I live nearby. The food at that Conseco's is all lousy. I wouldn't buy anything there. Way too many much better places nearby to get great food.

I do like The High Hat although I never seem to get over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post

Cool. Adding High Hat and Pelican to next Rueben tour !! Conseco's....nah.

Comment

Blumie - welcome the neighborhood! A handful of us are in Midcity (I'm on the other side of Carrollton near Blue Oak BBQ).

Since I've started shopping at Canseco's more often recently, I'm addicted to their cranberry chicken salad. That's the only prepared food I get there.

Comment

Another addition to the 2021 Rueben Tour. Shaggy's ( of the famed crawfish boils ) has a new brick and mortar place in Gentilly. My neighbor says he does a Pastrami Rueben that is quality.

Comment

Blue Oak BBQ gettin' in on The Rueben game today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7qIkflpjo/

I may have to go try it considering most everything they do over there is good.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                    Blue Oak BBQ gettin' in on The Rueben game today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7qIkflpjo/

Oh man, that looks good. You know the meat will be top notch. Is this on the menu everyday or just a daily special ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Oh man, that looks good. You know the meat will be top notch. Is this on the menu everyday or just a daily special ?
                      A special just for today. Unfortunately I never made it over.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Holymoly that looks good. I see Blue Oak's posts on FaceBook, usually about 11 pm. So I almost always miss their daily specials. I'll watch for this one to come back up.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post

Holymoly that looks good. I see Blue Oak's posts on FaceBook, usually about 11 pm. So I almost always miss their daily specials. I'll watch for this one to come back up.
                          Yeah that happens to me a lot too. I did look today but of course nothing that interested me.

Comment

Working...
                          X