Patry & TH Thursday at October JF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patry & TH Thursday at October JF?

Are there plans for a Tuesday Patry if Jazzfest happens in October? How about Threadhead Thursday? I know that it is many months out, but for those of us who need to figure out hotel dates, it would help to know if they might be happening. It is difficult for me to get away from my store in October, but I'm not missing Jazzfest. If there's no Patry, I will make it a short weekend trip. But hoping for Patry . . .

I imagine this will not be decided for awhile. The success of the patry is dependent in part on lots of folks being in town for fest. Since at this point, fest is iffy, and even if it's a go, attendance is still iffy for many, it doesn't make much sense to plan this until some parts of the puzzle are more clear.

Comment

Still many moving parts to know yet. There's been no formal discussion with the Foundation board yet, but we will be looking at this pretty soon.

Comment

Clearly the crowd will be smaller. The buyer of this property is not moving in immediately. I suggest that the foundation consider a smaller and more intimate Patry. Back to just the genuine "Threadhead" group and put off the fund-raising "raise as much monies as we can" mentality for another day. A chance to unwind and reflect. 4000 sq. feet and a fireplace.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-orl...le_email_share

Comment

Teetertotter Fest is scheduled for this April 7-17. We will remain socially distanced while dancing in the streets. Yes, we will wash our hands frequently. Why, because who wants to enjoy oyster, po boys, crawfish...with dirty hands. Teetertotter will lead the way through numerous neighborhoods dropping tips into hats and jars to help the locals. Spring in New Orleans, sweet, without the smell of equine excrement, crowds, FOMS, and accompanying negativity. Cannabis, cold brews, tasty cocktails, brass bands, gutter punks, the river, the cuisine, the spring flora, and the camaraderie with fellow TeeFesters. Mixing it up with he beautiful souls of New Orleans will be in abundance. Please join me, Funky TT! You don't need a Patry, a Jazzfest, Night Shows, and crowded restaurants to enjoy the Vibe. We are the Patry, not the venue not the line-up, and not the Fairgrounds. First stop, a morning Bloody with a cold brew chaser at Liuzza's. We will be cooking with rocket fuel! Let' go get em'!!!

Comment

we may have to look for a new patry location with fest moved to October due to Octoberfest at DH..... just another thing for the Foundation to think on...

Comment

You’re missing a golden opportunity to do OktoberFest/patry. And some of us own lederhosen... and no, I’m not threatening anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                You’re missing a golden opportunity to do OktoberFest/patry. And some of us own lederhosen... and no, I’m not threatening anyone!
                absolutely agree, but am afraid DH would say no because of their own events...

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                  I am told that Lord Horror looks very fetching in his, as one would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post
                    we may have to look for a new patry location with fest moved to October due to Octoberfest at DH..... just another thing for the Foundation to think on...
                    I'm not so sure the Oktoberfest dates will remain the same. The usual Oktoberfest crowd won't want to deal with JF traffic & parking, so attendance could be hurt, at least until after 7 when some post-fest folks would wander over from the Fairgrounds. And they'd have to deal with sound bleed. And they'd lose the revenue they get from Jazzfest parking. So if I'm Deutches Haus, I move Oktoberfest up two weeks - which would actually coincide with the dates when the Munich Oktoberfest is held.

In any case, Oktoberfest is a Fri-Sun event, so they might let us in as usual. Maybe we could even use their stage and port-o-lets?

But yeah, it's yet one more unknown this crazy year.
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X