Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter in New Orleans

Dear NO denizens,
    Amazed to see NO hit with sub-freezing temperatures...if you'd like the full experience I'd be happy to ship y 'all a trainload of snow from my yard here in Chicago! Doing anything fun for Lundi Gras? Stay warm!

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...461262336?s=20

Comment

One thing I hate is a cold Mardi Gras. (Guess it don't mattah much this year...).

Comment

No parades, bars closed, and miserable weather make for a hard combination. For me, today is Laundry Gras.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Forecast says at 9am tomorrow morning it will be 27 degrees with a windchill of 19.
          I would not be hailing Rex, Zulu, or anyone else in that weather.
          If ever there was a "good" year to cancel the Mardi Gras, this has been it.
          Tonight will be our longest hard freeze in years with temps in the 20s for about 12 hours. I know that's nothing to the Chi-town gang but down here it's a lot.
          Protect the pets, plants and pipes folks........millions without power in Texas already.

Comment

Gonna be chilly, so I'm making chili !!

I still have a yard in Chicago area ( Geneva ), so I got my own snow. I'll let it stay up there.

Comment

Upon moving to a warm weather town, how long does it take to become a sissy?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygospeltent View Post
                Upon moving to a warm weather town, how long does it take to become a sissy?
                Three winters or one frozen pipe, whichever comes first.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

We were supposed to ride bikes through the French Quarter today. Scratch that. Currently 32* and damp, with gentle breezes (not the good kind).

Comment

This weather sucks here in NOLA but nothing compared to over in Austin where some got up to 8 inches of snow, it's going down to 10 degrees tonight and 40% of the city has no power to at least tomorrow. They started with rolling blackouts at 2am and can't get the power back on. We may have dodged a bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                      No parades, bars closed, and miserable weather make for a hard combination. For me, today is Laundry Gras.
                      Got your red beans cookin'?

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                        Gonna be chilly, so I'm making chili !!

I still have a yard in Chicago area ( Geneva ), so I got my own snow. I'll let it stay up there.
                        Here's what I'm talkin' about. An accumulation of several snowfalls, still coming down, more on the way, no thawing until next Sun/Mon, if then. If it all melts at once, flooded basement! (Know what those are?)

Comment

Hope that the Freeze is over soon.

Lisas Brother who lives in Austin is without power as we speak, and has run out of firewood.

So I wish him luck.

On the flip side it is 86 and sunny in my neck of the woods and I think that I will stroll down to near Table Rock for a swim this arvo

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                            This weather sucks here in NOLA but nothing compared to over in Austin where some got up to 8 inches of snow, it's going down to 10 degrees tonight and 40% of the city has no power to at least tomorrow. They started with rolling blackouts at 2am and can't get the power back on. We may have dodged a bullet.
                            Shocked me that H-E-B closed several Austin & San Antonio locations. Who in that neck of the woods really prep’d for potentially days of power outages and unsafe roadways? This could be a serious cluster if it lasts even a week.

Comment

Hang tight. Crank up some tunes if you have power. Beads and feathers don't make great insulation. But Abita has calories for warmth. Don't go out.

Comment

Working...
                              X