The great New Orleans reuben hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
    Worth a mention is the Reuben at the Green Room. It's the people behind the old pop up at Siberia. They now have a brick and mortar location on St. Bernard. Quality Reuben with kapusta ( braised cabbage ) instead of sauerkraut. Gives it a little sweetness.

Menu — The Green Room (greenroomnola.com)
    Oh yeah. I had many at Siberia. Never went there without getting one and went a few time just for one. I forget about The Green Room which I really like. So much good food around there. I just hit Budsi's again today.

Comment

Originally posted by rosetree View Post
      The Kosher Cajun Deli in Metairie has authentic deli sandwiches... their chopped liver is real good too!
      Checked 'em out yesterday. Cool place. Pretty much the kind of deli I grew up going to up North. Skipped the Reuben as they will not put cheese on it. Had a Turkey & Roast Beef Sandwich, some Latkes and some Matzo Ball Soup. All good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Checked 'em out yesterday. Cool place. Pretty much the kind of deli I grew up going to up North. Skipped the Reuben as they will not put cheese on it. Had a Turkey & Roast Beef Sandwich, some Latkes and some Matzo Ball Soup. All good stuff!
        Glad you liked it! It is kinda like the deli I grew up with, but of course my childhood memories have Moishe's Deli on a pedestal!

Comment

Working...
        X