In honor of the date...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In honor of the date...

In honor of the date.... March 4th Marching Band! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_-F2X5eXgE

Their traveling show and entourage was a real circus, half brass band/half debauchery & burlesque show. I'd been taking my grandson to High Sierra Music Festival since he was 8, and one impromptu gas-money set at their bus and caravan campsite stands out - a fellow camper saw me (I'm tall) in the crowd and came over to tell me that grandson Adam was up front and that there were naked people up there. "More than usual?" I think I asked her.

Comment

In the german news there was something mentioned that the right wing extremists plan something for March 4th and that this date is "steeped in history", but they did not say what happened there. So excuse my ignorance, but what is so special about that date?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
        In the german news there was something mentioned that the right wing extremists plan something for March 4th and that this date is "steeped in history", but they did not say what happened there. So excuse my ignorance, but what is so special about that date?
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...-inauguration/

Comment

Originally posted by revjimk View Post
          In honor of the date.... March 4th Marching Band! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_-F2X5eXgE
          In addition to various sets at the High Sierra Music Festival, we've had the pleasure of catching them at a couple of Oktoberfests at the Sierra Nevada brewery, an event not to be missed which was so popular before 2020 that it was extended to a second weekend making it possible to attend both it and Hardly Strictly Bluegrass is one were so inclined. Ah, autumn in California.

Comment

Love it! Some of these Qidiots now say March 20th is the real date their Orange Messiah will be sworn back in. How dumb must one be to actually believe this stuff?

Fun scene down there on Frenchman. More fun than any other live music going on in town these days.

I give The Broadside credit for having safe, socially distanced shows with some great local talent but the times I went there it was very white and kind of boring. It doesn't even seem like you are in New Orleans. Not the case at all down on Frenchman.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
              Love it! Some of these Qidiots now say March 20th is the real date their Orange Messiah will be sworn back in. How dumb must one be to actually believe this stuff?

Fun scene down there on Frenchman. More fun than any other live music going on in town these days.

I give The Broadside credit for having safe, socially distanced shows with some great local talent but the times I went there it was very white and kind of boring. It doesn't even seem like you are in New Orleans. Not the case at all down on Frenchman.
              Frenchmen has turned into quite the scene, especially when they have 3 bands back to back. Like a mini festival !! Heading down in a bit for Soul Brass Band. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Working...
              X