Bayou Rum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayou Rum?

Yesterday as I was doing a little shopping at a large supermarket, I was browsing the extensive liquor section (merely as a Cultural Enrichment activity, of course) and was surprised to see a bottle of something called "Bayou Rum" which is apparently made in somewhere called Lacassine, LA.

I was surprised because American alcohol is seemingly pretty rare in Eastern Europe, and what is for sale here (typically Bourbon and a few California wines) is usually extremely expensive compared to similar products from here in Europe or other countries. The bottle of Bayou was priced at a scandalous 80 Zloty (20 U$D) while for example Havana Club Anejo 7 Anos (Cuba) is 40 Zloty, Meyer's (Jamaica) is 55 Zloty while Bacardi is usually somewhere around 30 ZL. (for some reason, Scotch is hugely popular here, and from best what I can tell as a non-Scotch drinker, incredibly cheap, at least when it is compared to Utah's prices ---Today I saw a 1&1/2 liter bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label on sale for 80 ZL which seems crazy cheap, doesn't it?)

Anyway, anyone tried Bayou Rum? If so, what did you think?

(for the record, I ended up getting a wilde hare and grabbed a bottle of Ouzo for a whopping 7 bucks)
    Last edited by MormonMatthew; 03-06-2021, 09:45 AM.

they have a nice webstie https://bayourum.com/

Comment

MM, did you buy you rum ??

Comment

Goodbye Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh
        Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou

lol

Comment

Working...
        X