Fully Finished Studio Outtakes - Rolling Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully Finished Studio Outtakes - Rolling Stones

For any fans of those English Bad Boys, The Rolling Stones, the once and future all time BNA that never was, who haven't heard, 50 outtakes, 3 CDs worth, of studio quality recordings mysteriously surfaced on the Net over the weekend. What I have heard so far is fantastic.

This is a link to a Zip file with with the MP3s. The second link is to an article about them that includes CD artwork with the track listing and the supposed year of each recording. Great stuff!

https://tinyurl.com/8rrpnahc

https://www.ajournalofmusicalthings....e-why-and-how/

Thanks!!

Comment

I've been listing to this for the last couple of days. A few good songs in there but there is a reason most of these songs were never released.

Comment

I have liked what I've heard so far. Seems to me they are more fully realized than your usual bootleg of studio workups.

Comment

Does Gram sing a complete version of Wild Horses?

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
            Does Gram sing a complete version of Wild Horses?
            Nothing like that but Bowie sings background on It's Only Rock'N'Roll (But I Like It).

Comment

The download link has expired, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                I've been listing to this for the last couple of days. A few good songs in there but there is a reason most of these songs were never released.
                First of all, thank you Chop for making this available. All of my comments that follow are minor quibbles. I agree with jjazznj. A few really good ones, and a lot of "meh" or "what were they thinking?" There were several where I thought Mick was intentionally singing in a weird style, inappropriate to the tune and lyrics. But, what do I know? Maybe they recorded several versions of each tune, experimenting with different vocal styles, and have kept the better versions.

I am only about 35 in, of 50.

Comment

Do we have any info on how or why these were released? Was it a hack?

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't hear any of these, but I suspect I will get a chance to do so eventually.

Comment

I'm back-logged with Stones right now - I never got Sticky Fingers-Some Girls-Steel Wheels-Hot Rocks-No Security-Flashpoint on CD, but found the lot on ebay a couple weeks back and have been regressing ever since. I see more open-G tuning in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by chazmo View Post
                        Do we have any info on how or why these were released? Was it a hack?
                        My guess is they need the money.....

Comment

Some of Mick's vocals seem like scratch vocals he woulda re-done but the tracks I've heard seem pretty complete instrumentally. I really like "It's A Lie" which seems to have other versions out there. This one is classic Stones.

Comment

If your a Rolling Stones Archeologist, it's good stuff. May not be a full skeleton, but new insights can be gained from the bones that are left.

Comment

Working...
                            X