Hogs for the Cause announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogs for the Cause announced

Lineup is meh, but its shaping up to be a great summer!

I saw that, and I like Old Crow, but if anyone else remembers the reggae festival they used to have in City Park every June, you remember why they don't have festivals in June here. But it seems like progress is occurring. My Washington Post metric now says 18.8% of the US has received at least one shot.

Comment

Maybe if it were free and nearby like in City, Woldenberg or Armstrong Park. I can't see many people going with that lineup, especially after that wristband debacle 2 years ago. I said never again after that. Maybe some will go just to go to a fest.
      Last edited by jjazznj; 03-11-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
        I saw that, and I like Old Crow, but if anyone else remembers the reggae festival they used to have in City Park every June, you remember why they don't have festivals in June here. But it seems like progress is occurring. My Washington Post metric now says 18.8% of the US has received at least one shot.
        Reggae Riddums Festival? I love reggae but that thing was lame. Haha.

Satchmo SummerFest is in August every year and seems to do ok but of course that is free and you can come and go as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Reggae Riddums Festival? I love reggae but that thing was lame. Haha.

Satchmo SummerFest is in August every year and seems to do ok but of course that is free and you can come and go as you want.
          That's the one! I only went once (once was enough) and all i remember was being drunk, high and the band playing to a huge empty field while far away from the stage people (like me) huddled in the shade trying to stay cool. And I haven't been drunk since the mid 90s so this is a WHILE back..........

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
            Maybe if it were free and nearby like in City, Woldenberg or Armstrong Park. I can't see many people going with that lineup, especially after that wristband debacle 2 years ago. I said never again after that. Maybe some will go just to go to a fest.
            wristband debacle? If you mean the long lines at will call, they're avoiding that this year by mailing the actual wristbands to advance purchasers.
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

wristband debacle? If you mean the long lines at will call, they're avoiding that this year by mailing the actual wristbands to advance purchasers.
              They ran out of wristbands and we all had to wait in long lines until they made or found more. We were there for an hour, missing bands until we finally got in. Once we finally got them and got inside they did not work. It was absurd. I don't mind using a wristband to enter a festival or an event but the whole thing with using them and having to reload them to buy food and drinks is not for me. I wish them well as it's for a good cause but I have no desire to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
                Lineup is meh, but its shaping up to be a great summer!
                A festival in June, across the river, does not call my name!

Comment

Don't think of it as June 4th. Think of it as May 35th.
                  Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I like both Old Crow and Robbie Randolph and would most likely go if I was around, because as as long as I have got a decent hat I can handle the heat, as I have had lots of practice pretending to w#rk at big events in the middle of summer both here and abroad. Although one time at the Aus Open when it was 110 half the crowd went home.

But the wristband deal would keep me away. Especially now that they are trying to frame it as a health measure which is bullshit.
                    You should be able to pay cash if you wish. I know why they do the wristbands at the big festivals, it is to save the promoter money on cash handling etc and also a way of knowing exactly how much the independent food and drink vendors take, as they like to charge them based on a percentage of sales.

So like in lots of other instances Big Brother is watching and at a big Festival down here, the Tax Dept tried to access some of the records, which of course lots of the Mum and Dad vendors were very pissed off about.

Comment

Agree with wristband hassle. No thanks.

Comment

That actually changes my whole attitude about this! Haha

Comment

Comment

I agree with the wristband debate - I hate 'em. But I did buy two tickets for Hogs cause I'm so starved for festivals!

Comment

Working...
                            X