May 1 Vaccine for all adults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 1 Vaccine for all adults

Once again, great leadership back in the White House.

Thank You God for giving us Joe Biden.
    Last edited by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic); 03-11-2021, 06:11 PM.

(CNN)President Joe Biden will use his first evening address to the nation Thursday to announce he is directing US states to open coronavirus vaccine eligibility to all adults no later than May 1, a step he will say could allow for small Independence Day gatherings on July 4.

Comment

By June or July if you get very sick from COVID it's either really bad luck or your own stupidity.

Hopefully soon we all will be arguing over who is and who is not playing Jazz Fest this year and will put all this virus talk behind us!

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
        By June or July if you get very sick from COVID it's either really bad luck or your own stupidity.

Hopefully soon we all will be arguing over who is and who is not playing Jazz Fest this year and will put all this virus talk behind us!
        Agreed

Our vaccine roll out down here is amazingly slow.

Which for a relatively rich, well developed country is pathetic.

But we have a complete Fuckwit in charge, who talk shit and never answers a question when asked.

Sound familiar.

I desperately need to get back to Nola but the way things are going I think that I will be lucky to be back there by Fest time.

Comment

In case you missed the President's speech last night and interested in watching.

WATCH LIVE: Biden addresses nation on one-year anniversary of Covid-19 shutdowns — 3/11/2021 - YouTube

Comment

Just for the record, I think he said everyone would be eligible to get an appointment and get their place in line starting May 1. I don't think he actually promised shots in arms for everyone by May 1.

Still, a wonderful thing. And sorry if I'm being pedantic.

I've already booked a place for Fest, btw. Couldn't resist ...

Comment

Over 64 million Americans, 19.3% of the population, have gotten at least one shot already, including myself, after a trip to Sams Club for the J&J vaccine yesterday. I think July 4 is a conservative goal (the kind you want to set when you're president, so you don't fail and have to eat shit about it)

Comment

If anyone has a hook up for J&J vaccine for two, let me know.

Comment

Gives more to the hope that JF will really be able to happen in October. Wonder if they're going to ask for proof of vaccination?

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post
                    Gives more to the hope that JF will really be able to happen in October. Wonder if they're going to ask for proof of vaccination?
                    We don't even know yet how long these vaccines work for.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post
                      I think for Jazz Fest to happen in October, BNA's need to start planning shows/tours. Fingers crossed, but the clock is ticking.

Now French Quarter Fest doesn't have that issue and should "hopefully" go on as planned.

Comment

I was shocked when I heard four months. I think I have also heard six months so I am not sure what to believe. For some silly reason, I thought you had lifetime immunity.

And I am not sure if it is known whether those vaccinated can be asymptomatic carriers. I have had both shots and was wearing a mask at an outdoor event yesterday but basically no one else was. I am not sure how quickly we should be moving.

Hopefully we will get clarification soon.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

I was shocked when I heard four months. I think I have also heard six months so I am not sure what to believe. For some silly reason, I thought you had lifetime immunity.

And I am not sure if it is known whether those vaccinated can be asymptomatic carriers. I have had both shots and was wearing a mask at an outdoor event yesterday but basically no one else was. I am not sure how quickly we should be moving.

Hopefully we will get clarification soon.
                          I got The J&J which is the one shot vaccine but they are studying whether we will need a booster at some point which I expect we will.

Comment

so true...

Comment

Or which of the strains of covid they work for.

Comment

Working...
                              X