Tip's Reopens With Ivan Neville's Piano Sessions - Both Shows Sold Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip's Reopens With Ivan Neville's Piano Sessions - Both Shows Sold Out

After a year of turmoil and uncertainty across the entire live music industry, we're beyond excited to announce the Grand Reopening of Tipitina's!

Join us this Friday, March 19th for an intimate performance of Ivan Neville's Piano Sessions LIVE and In Person from the Tipitina's stage!

The early show will start at 7PM and a late show will follow at 9PM and we will be clearing the room between sets to allow for proper sanitizing.

Tickets are extremely limited, available on a first-come-first-serve basis, and will be honored for the listed show only. We will also be enforcing extensive precautions to ensure the health and safety of all artists, customers, and crew.

https://www.facebook.com/tipitinasno...5731345545500/
    Last edited by jjazznj; 3 weeks ago.

Good news.

I'll be glad when supply overtakes demand and shows go back to their old pricing and availability. Gonna be mostly street and porch shows till then.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      Good news.

I'll be glad when supply overtakes demand and shows go back to their old pricing and availability. Gonna be mostly street and porch shows till then.
      I've been going to shows at The Broadside which are fun although the vibe can be a bit boring. I look forward to seeing The Soul Rebels there and Ivan at The Crawfish Fest next month. It helps that I get there in a just a few minutes. The vibe outside The Maple Leaf last Fri night was a blast, similar to the Frenchman scene these days.

Comment

Howlin' Wolf is also reopening, with shows by Rebirth every Friday and Hot 8 every Sunday, starting this weekend and continuing through May. Plus Big Sam on Sat Apr 3. Tix $25-30/person, but must be bought as a set of 2 or 4.

https://www.thehowlinwolf.com/buy-tickets.html
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

NOLA.com reports on opening night, andsome changes at Tips (beyond pandemic measures):

The staff made numerous improvements during the club’s darkened pandemic year. Speaker stacks that flanked the stage have been replaced with smaller speakers hung from the rafters. The sound booth is gone, replaced by a portable sound and light control panel.

The beam with the basketball hoop that partially obstructed views from the balcony was removed.

A new sign hangs above the front entrance, and the exterior received a new coat of “Tipitina’s yellow” paint.And the club invested in an expensive new electric piano, which Neville played Friday.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...33ccbfc2b.html

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
            NOLA.com reports on opening night, andsome changes at Tips (beyond pandemic measures):

The staff made numerous improvements during the club’s darkened pandemic year. Speaker stacks that flanked the stage have been replaced with smaller speakers hung from the rafters. The sound booth is gone, replaced by a portable sound and light control panel.

The beam with the basketball hoop that partially obstructed views from the balcony was removed.

A new sign hangs above the front entrance, and the exterior received a new coat of “Tipitina’s yellow” paint.And the club invested in an expensive new electric piano, which Neville played Friday.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...33ccbfc2b.html
            There are some big shows coming up there over the next few weeks which I'm sure will be announced any day now. I will definitely be there on April 2nd!

Comment

Cleary and Walter both have Tipitina's gigs for sale at the Tips website, got my Cleary early show already.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

There are some big shows coming up there over the next few weeks which I'm sure will be announced any day now. I will definitely be there on April 2nd!
                Any idea when they go on sale?

thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by innertube View Post

Any idea when they go on sale?

thanks...
                  It looks as though they are putting each week's shows on sale at the beginning of each week so Sun or Mon? They are taking it up a notch next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                    Cleary and Walter both have Tipitina's gigs for sale at the Tips website, got my Cleary early show already.
                    how was the experience?

Comment

how was the experience?
                      Honestly, except for the prohibition on standing/dancing, even "in place", it was about as fine a musical experience as i've had in a club. As Cleary said "this must be one of the top 5 shows at Tipitinas in the past year!!". Seriously, I could get used to a front row table there and a waitress bringing us stuff when needed.
                      I'm going to let a small cat out of bag: once you buy your "type" of ticket, it's all GA. For example, i bought a front row table for 4. There are 4 of those. We were the first such customers to show up, so they told us, "take any table you want in the front row" and i think it's the same throughout. So a "GA" table for 4 can be "second row table for 4" if you show up when doors open, or a "way in the back table for 4" if you show up after the gig starts. WIth the "wall of sound" speakers replaced the side stage sightlines are great, and with the soundboard gone you can be way in the back and still have a great view now.
                      THrow in the fact that Cleary, Cornell, and Jamison Ross (!!!) were all clearly psyched out of their minds to be back on a stage in front of a crowd and it turned into a simply fabulous night out. Huge grins and peals of laughter coming from the bandstand all night.
                      Obviously permanent tables are a terrible idea for Tips, but for one night out, this mid-50s gent was happy as could be. I will say, even when Cleary vocally exhorted the crowd to get up and dance for the last number, I was the only person to do so. That part takes some getting used to.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Honestly, except for the prohibition on standing/dancing, even "in place", it was about as fine a musical experience as i've had in a club. As Cleary said "this must be one of the top 5 shows at Tipitinas in the past year!!". Seriously, I could get used to a front row table there and a waitress bringing us stuff when needed.
                        I'm going to let a small cat out of bag: once you buy your "type" of ticket, it's all GA. For example, i bought a front row table for 4. There are 4 of those. We were the first such customers to show up, so they told us, "take any table you want in the front row" and i think it's the same throughout. So a "GA" table for 4 can be "second row table for 4" if you show up when doors open, or a "way in the back table for 4" if you show up after the gig starts. WIth the "wall of sound" speakers replaced the side stage sightlines are great, and with the soundboard gone you can be way in the back and still have a great view now.
                        THrow in the fact that Cleary, Cornell, and Jamison Ross (!!!) were all clearly psyched out of their minds to be back on a stage in front of a crowd and it turned into a simply fabulous night out. Huge grins and peals of laughter coming from the bandstand all night.
                        Obviously permanent tables are a terrible idea for Tips, but for one night out, this mid-50s gent was happy as could be. I will say, even when Cleary vocally exhorted the crowd to get up and dance for the last number, I was the only person to do so. That part takes some getting used to.
                        This sounds dreamy to me. I wish I were in the region to be able to experience some of this.

Comment

Thanks! Sounds great...

Comment

Get tickets...Anders Saturday night.

I used my phone...did not show on my desktop??

Comment

Get tickets...Anders Saturday night.

I used my phone...did not show on my desktop??
                              Woot, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X