Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Le Richelieu Hotel - anybody know when they will reopen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Richelieu Hotel - anybody know when they will reopen?

Planning a trip for the rescheduled French Quarter Fest. Our favorite hotel, the Richelieu, was purchased by the JCollections hotel group just before Covid hit, and has been closed since March last year. Some of the other hotels in the group have reopened, but I cannot find any info on what is going on with the Richelieu. Is it being remodelled? Will it reopen by September? Anyone have any local knowledge? Thanks.

SWAG.........

Comment

LOVE Le Richelieu, it's a lovely hotel that I stayed at for part of my first jazz fests back in '94. I went to their website and found this- maybe it'll help.. Good luck

Le Richelieu is temporarily suspending operations until Fall. For any reservation inquiries, please email [email protected]

Comment

I have fond memories of Le Richelieu. First time we stayed there the front desk put me and my wife in what is referred to as the "Paul McCartney Suite". Paul and Linda stayed there in 1975 while doing recording and touring New Orleans. Kind of an odd feeling to be sleeping in the same bed as Paul and Linda McCartney had. An oddity was that the room had a nice balcony fronting on Chartres but no door! I am a confirmed balcony sitter so I had to climb out the window in order to sit outside and enjoy the balcony.

Comment

It is an old Macaroni Factory. One of the largest in the South at one time. Just a fwiw....

Comment

I emailed the parent company, and got a somewhat generic response. Closed due to Covid, reopen date unknown. But, it is still puzzling, as their other properties have reopened. I guess I will book somewhere else and then keep checking every so often.

We have stayed there about a dozen times over the past 20 years. It's kind of run down physically, but it has so many things going for it - location, balconies, great pool, park it yourself secured lot, great staff, etc.

I think a refresh would be in order, but just hope the new parent company does not take all of the charm out of it by turning it into another cookie cutter hotel.

Some of the rooms have walk in closets. Some have full kitchens, but of course the range and oven do not work (fire safety, I am sure). I do not think it has central heating and AC. Each room has it's own radiator and AC unit.

Quirky but loveable.

Comment

Based on that description, you may enjoy LaMothe House, just a few blocks away.

One rumor in Le Richelieu is finally rehabbing the McCartney Suite from 20/20's debaucherous stay there. Fumigation, stain removal, bullet holes from his paranoid delusions of 'bad guys' coming to get him, MAGA carved into headboard.......

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

One rumor in Le Richelieu is finally rehabbing the McCartney Suite from 20/20's debaucherous stay there. Fumigation, stain removal, bullet holes from his paranoid delusions of 'bad guys' coming to get him, MAGA carved into headboard.......
                He snuck out through the bedroom window

Comment

[QUOTE=Marignygregg;n858057] Based on that description, you may enjoy LaMothe House, just a few blocks away.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think our friends from Chicago stayed there once or twice a few years ago. I kinda sorta remember meeting them there to begin a night out. I will check it out.

Comment

[QUOTE=chazmo;n858077]
                    Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Thanks for the recommendation. I think our friends from Chicago stayed there once or twice a few years ago. I kinda sorta remember meeting them there to begin a night out. I will check it out.
                    I can second Greg on the LaMothe House. It has been our go-to place for a while now.

Comment

Stayed at the LR for a night and had a suite at a price for a room. I aimlessly walked around the vicinity (as I usually do when visiting places) and wound up in the Treme. Unfortunately, I had to catch a plane early the next morning and couldn’t go out that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X