Anyone been to a Zony Mash show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to a Zony Mash show?

How is the setup over there? Fun place to catch a band? Alcohol prices?

thinking about going tomorrow night

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    How is the setup over there? Fun place to catch a band? Alcohol prices?

thinking about going tomorrow night
    TT caught a show there Wednesday. Chill spot. Can move about inside taproom and outside. Beer prices typical for craft drafts. Sound was excellent. Security chill. My advice, pregame food, drink, elsewhere. No need for early arrival. Go if weather looks good. You will have fun!

Comment

do the bands play indoors or outdoors?

Comment

Originally posted by teetertotter View Post

TT caught a show there Wednesday. Chill spot. Can move about inside taproom and outside. Beer prices typical for craft drafts. Sound was excellent. Security chill. My advice, pregame food, drink, elsewhere. No need for early arrival. Go if weather looks good. You will have fun!
        I'm gonna disagree on this advice. Some of their food is excellent, depending on who the popup is. Zee's pizza, which pops up on Thursday and Saturday at Zony Mash, is great. (I haven't had any of their by-the-slice pizza, but I've gotten three whole pizzas from them and they've been great.) I think they also have crawfish, taco, and nashville chicken sandwich popups as well, depending on the day. This week -- I think on Tue and Wed -- they're having a Detroit-style pan pizza popup called DoughTown -- a play on MoTown -- which I hope to try. The beers are mostly $6 or $7 for a draft, with some outliers, which seems reasonable to me. And while there's no reason to arrive early for a show, there's also no reason not to if the weather is good and you want to hang out, have a beer or three, and maybe grab some food.

Comment

I saw two shows there and found it totally boring even though the bands were good. Similar to The Broadside but even worse. Plus they only sell beer which does not work for me whatsoever. I agree with the pregaming food and drinks if you do go. My advice is hitting El Pavo Real right up the street.

Comment

I love it there! Family friendly great vibe!
            been 10 times!

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
              I saw two shows there and found it totally boring even though the bands were good. Similar to The Broadside but even worse. Plus they only sell beer which does not work for me whatsoever. I agree with the pregaming food and drinks if you do go. My advice is hitting El Pavo Real right up the street.

which shows did you see there? How was the turn out? I saw Iko Allstars the other day and there was a nice amount of people and the vibe was fam af

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post

which shows did you see there? How was the turn out? I saw Iko Allstars the other day and there was a nice amount of people and the vibe was fam af
                Nicholas Payton last week and The Nightcrawlers a month or so ago. I left both early. I dis see Kumasi in that Mid City Compound recently and it was a blast. The Broadside has some good acts but most of the time the scene is kind of dull and very vanilla.

Comment

The Broadside has some good acts but most of the time the scene is kind of dull and very vanilla.

Reading the seemingly earnest protestations of an elderly white Carpetbagger (or as some deluded Threadheads might say, a "Spiritual Refugee") to New Orleans who is constantly carping how there are too many OTHER elderly white people at various Crescent City musical events does this ol' Injun's (or proud, noble "Native American", if you prefer) heart good. Laughter IS the best medicine

If you want to really delve into a meaninglful sociological issue, I would be thrilled to pay you for your time to record yourself standing on the intersection of Delerey and Chartres harranging local "People of Color" about why they don't go see various Anders Osborne or Rolling Stones shows? I can assure you that there are hundreds of live events in New Orleans each month where the audience is 99.5% percent African American, but apparently they are not where you ever find yourself. Care to explain why not?

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

Reading the seemingly earnest protestations of an elderly white Carpetbagger (or as some deluded Threadheads might say, a "Spiritual Refugee") to New Orleans who is constantly carping how there are too many OTHER elderly white people at various Crescent City musical events does this ol' Injun's (or proud, noble "Native American", if you prefer) heart good. Laughter IS the best medicine

If you want to really delve into a meaninglful sociological issue, I would be thrilled to pay you for your time to record yourself standing on the intersection of Delerey and Chartres harranging local "People of Color" about why they don't go see various Anders Osborne or Rolling Stones shows? I can assure you that there are hundreds of live events in New Orleans each month where the audience is 99.5% percent African American, but apparently they are not where you ever find yourself. Care to explain why not?
                    No. I don't.

"constantly carping how there are too many OTHER elderly white people at various Crescent City musical events"

I mention one venue and you go off on yet another dopey tangent. Where did I mention skin color? And BTW I've been to plenty of events here where I am in in the minority. So what?

Someone asked about a venue and I gave my opinion. You don't like it? Too bad.

Comment

Several years ago, after I had been living here in Krakow for a couple of years and was starting to finally feel like this was actually my new home, I caught myself complaining to a friend, "Damn, I will be so glad when the summer tourist season is over, I am so sick of all the hordes of people here on holiday, loud, obnoxious, clueless Brits, Americans, Aussies. Walking around the Main Square, I swear I hear more friggin' English being spoken than Polish!"

Of course, that was all said in English, (as much to my great shame, even after going on 6 years here, I am nowhere close to being fluent in Polish) and it hit me, here I was unironically complaining about something that I was directly "guilty" of myself, and at that moment I felt extremely foolish, arrogant and hypocritical.

To me, "white people" complaining that there are too many other white people at various events sounds foolish, arrogant and hypocritical.

Comment

Several years ago, after I had been living here in Krakow for a couple of years and was starting to finally feel like this was actually my new home, I caught myself complaining to a friend, "Damn, I will be so glad when the summer tourist season is over, I am so sick of all the hordes of people here on holiday, loud, obnoxious, clueless Brits, Americans, Aussies. Walking around the Main Square, I swear I hear more friggin' English being spoken than Polish!"

Of course, that was all said in English, (as much to my great shame, even after going on 6 years here, I am nowhere close to being fluent in Polish) and it hit me, here I was unironically complaining about something that I was directly "guilty" of myself, and at that moment I felt extremely foolish, arrogant and hypocritical.

To me, "white people" complaining that there are too many other white people at various events sounds foolish, arrogant and hypocritical.

The thing is I never did that. Why would I complain about too many people that are just like me?

You wrote "constantly carping how there are too many OTHER elderly white people at various Crescent City musical events"

Please point out some examples. I'll wait. Then we will see who is the foolish one.

Not sure why you seem to have this need to get personal and be so arrogant on this forum, especially with someone you have never even met before.

Comment

Please point out some examples. I'll wait. Then we will see who is the foolish one.
                          Sorry, but I am pretty busy right now, whipping up a batch of vanilla pudding.

Comment

Sorry, but I am pretty busy right now, whipping up a batch of vanilla pudding.
                            Are you really that clueless?

Comment

Mormon Matt, you are so pathetically off base, it’s offensive. Your next post should be an apology to jjazz in which you take full blame for being wrong, arrogant and inflammatory. You should also self ban yourself from the board for a Month.

It is so obvious that the “vanilla” was referring to the venue and the scene being “boring”. It’s so clear that “race” was not even a thought in that post. Your misplaced attempt to turn the “vanilla” into a white vs black thing is honestly disgusting and pathetic.

apologize and then Go away.

Comment

Working...
                              X