Threadhead Cocktail Patry & Mixer (Online) 4/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threadhead Cocktail Patry & Mixer (Online) 4/27

EDIT: Hey, folks, original post edited to include links to YouTube videos. You can view these directly from YouTube, and don't need to be part of the Facebook event (but, then you won't be able to chat with us!)

Hey folks, sorry this is last minute, but this event really did start to come together just last night (and is still developing).

From Facebook:
    A Message from the Mayor:

OK, so it's a wee bit last minute and no lockdown wasteland like last year, but how about we mix it up this year on what should be Patry Day!? Lets enjoy some rare vids of Patry history compliments of Mark Rabago's vaults, a live (special Patry) visit to the Faraway Lounge with the hosting-duo of Alex McMurray & Hammer Boy. Interspersed in the sets, Jeff Potter will host & moderate the Patry ZOOM to salve our beautiful CFW hearts! All info will run through this event page so click "going" and we'll soon share the 'cubes' and important zoom info and event info!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stynger's Vaults

Beginning at 5:15 PM CST, the following choice selections from Stynger's archives will be available at the accompanying links for listening during the Patry Zoom:

5:15-5:37 - Lionel Ferbos (2012) - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnHB8fPD_HE)
    5:50-6:05 - John, Paul, Matt, & Todd (2009) - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnbYRE1T46M)
    6:20-6:45 - Soul Creole (2015) - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zmlPzs2uOc)
    7:00-7:45 - Junco Pardners (2010) - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rquWPeSr_s8&t=1238s)
    8:00-9:30 - Alex McMurray & Hammer Boy - Live from the Faraway Lounge - Facebook Live

Tune in and listen along with everyone on Zoom!. (See Zoom info below)

Threadhead Patry Zoom

Beginning at 5:00 CST, a Patry Zoom will be available at the below link until after Alex's set. A password will be required, and it will be posted below, one hour before the Zoom. You can also call in without video on the numbers below.

The Zoom will be muted during the music sets, but text chat will be open in the Zoom. For a better audio and video experience, go directly to the YouTube links above for the sets. As soon as the sets are over everyone will be unmuted with a chance to catch up!

Don't worry, there are no neighbors shutting us down, so we'll leave the room open for as long as folks like to keep catching up after Alex's set.

Join Zoom Meeting Link:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88559600210...

Meeting ID: 885 5960 0210
    Passcode: (available 1 hour before)

Dial by your location
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
    +1 301 715 8592 US (DC)

Alex McMurray from the Faraway Lounge
    Facebook Live -- 8:00-9:30 PM CST
    Tip Jar:
    - Venmo @alexander-mcmurray-1
    - PayPal [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/events/9617..._history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22your_upcoming_events_unit% 22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22bookmark%22%7D]%7D
    Last edited by festbabe; 2 weeks ago.

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
    Hey folks, sorry this is last minute, but this event really did start to come together just last night (and is still developing).

From Facebook:
    A Message from the Mayor:

OK, so it's a wee bit last minute and no lockdown wasteland like last year, but how about we mix it up this year on what should be Patry Day!? Lets enjoy some rare vids of Patry history compliments of Mark Rabago's vaults, a live (special Patry) visit to the Faraway Lounge with the hosting-duo of Alex McMurray & Hammer Boy. Interspersed in the sets, Jeff Potter will host & moderate the Patry ZOOM to salve our beautiful CFW hearts! All info will run through this event page so click "going" and we'll soon share the 'cubes' and important zoom info and event info!

Stynger's Vaults

Beginning at 5:15 PM CST, the following choice selections from Stynger's archives will be available at the accompanying links for listening during the Patry Zoom:

5:15-5:37 - Lionel Ferbos (2012) - (_______)
    5:50-6:05 - John, Paul, Matt, & Todd (2009) - (_______)
    6:20-6:45 - Soul Creole (2015) - (_______)
    7:00-7:45 - Junco Pardners (2010) - (_______)
    8:00-9:30 - Alex McMurray & Hammer Boy - Live from the Faraway Lounge - Facebook Live

Tune in and listen along with everyone on Zoom!. (See Zoom info below)

Threadhead Patry Zoom

Beginning at 5:00 CST, a Patry Zoom will be available at the below link until after Alex's set. A password will be required, and it will be posted below, one hour before the Zoom. You can also call in without video on the numbers below.

The Zoom will be muted during the music sets, but text chat will be open in the Zoom. For a better audio and video experience, go directly to the YouTube links above for the sets. As soon as the sets are over everyone will be unmuted with a chance to catch up!

Don't worry, there are no neighbors shutting us down, so we'll leave the room open for as long as folks like to keep catching up after Alex's set.

Join Zoom Meeting Link:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88559600210...

Meeting ID: 885 5960 0210
    Passcode: (available 1 hour before)

Dial by your location
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
    +1 301 715 8592 US (DC)

Alex McMurray from the Faraway Lounge
    Facebook Live -- 8:00-9:30 PM CST
    Tip Jar:
    - Venmo @alexander-mcmurray-1
    - PayPal [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/events/9617..._history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22your_upcoming_events_unit% 22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22bookmark%22%7D]%7D
    Hope you all enjoy.

I am going to hit the fart sack, as it is getting late and I have full moon fever.

Comment

Sounds like something indeed but help me out here if possible. I am totally devoid of most internet skills. I have never used "Zoom". I have heard of it but never used it. In addition I am not a Facebooker either. There is a reference above to a "youtube" link but I do not see it. I do use youtube fairly often. Help a challenged individual out if possible. Will I be able to just go to youtube either on my Mac or my TV? I am assuming the computer will be the preferred methodology since using a password is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
        Sounds like something indeed but help me out here if possible. I am totally devoid of most internet skills. I have never used "Zoom". I have heard of it but never used it. In addition I am not a Facebooker either. There is a reference above to a "youtube" link but I do not see it. I do use youtube fairly often. Help a challenged individual out if possible. Will I be able to just go to youtube either on my Mac or my TV? I am assuming the computer will be the preferred methodology since using a password is mentioned.
        I'm not very technologically strong myself. The YouTube links will be provided at 5:15 (that's what the blank lines are). I'll TRY to get here to update them after they're posted on Facebook, but I may not be home and working remotely is a challenge for me. Be patient, and I'll do what I can. I have zero skills when it comes to a Mac, so I can't answer about that.

Zoom is a software app, so you'll have to install it on whatever device you use (phone, tablet, laptop). There's also the phone-in audio-only option given in the event info.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post

I'm not very technologically strong myself. The YouTube links will be provided at 5:15 (that's what the blank lines are). I'll TRY to get here to update them after they're posted on Facebook, but I may not be home and working remotely is a challenge for me. Be patient, and I'll do what I can. I have zero skills when it comes to a Mac, so I can't answer about that.

Zoom is a software app, so you'll have to install it on whatever device you use (phone, tablet, laptop). There's also the phone-in audio-only option given in the event info.
          Thanks for the help and for your efforts.

I would hate to disappoint all of the 'Heads who are missing me and holding their collective breaths for a chance to visit with me.

Comment

Sounds like fun but we're going to be having real drinks with friends in the neighborhood at 5:00 CST today. It's a thing here.

Comment

Much like my beloved fellow suave and sophisticated Faux-European confederate Hilaria Thomas Baldwin, after 5+ years of Contnental Drifting. I too have forgotten many common English words and phrases (for example "Cucumber", "Pretentious, Arrogant Fraud" and "Bullshittaree") but if I can stay up late enough, it would be great to hear the Junco Pardners set again. As I recall, that was one hell of a fine ol' boogie stomp that certainly got the Threadhead Faithful up on their collective feet...

Dobranoc i piekne Nowy Orlean syn,

MM

Comment

Fabulous idea!
                However, as Matthew implied, the timing isn't too sympathetic to those on the other side of the Pond (or further afield). I hope to pop in to say "Hi" but definitely won't be able to hang around long.

Comment

EDIT: Hey, folks, original post edited to include links to YouTube videos. You can view these directly from YouTube, and don't need to be part of the Facebook event (but, then you won't be able to chat with us!)

Comment

Wow! Good stuff Stynger. I was fortunate enough to reach out and be able to snag a Jello shooter!!

Comment

I spoke to a lot of the ThreadHead Krewe who were at the Deutsch House partying this arvo on Patry Day and it sounded like they were having a plenty of fun.

And the next few days sound good with gigs all over the place. I know that my other half has a few outdoor ones on her radar

Comment

I was impressed by Mr. McMurray. The first 40 min of his Faraway Lounge Tuesday performance was Threadhead heavy. His We’re Having A Patry song was great. He did a couple (?) of 007 songs per Ken’s request. Then The Woman I Love with Mz. Seabass lyric changes. Closing out with “ a song I’ve performed a thousand times but never sung” Foot Of Canal Street. Thanks to Alex for the Threadhead love. And it was great seeing everybody on the zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by stynger View Post
                          I was impressed by Mr. McMurray. The first 40 min of his Faraway Lounge Tuesday performance was Threadhead heavy. His We’re Having A Patry song was great. He did a couple (?) of 007 songs per Ken’s request. Then The Woman I Love with Mz. Seabass lyric changes. Closing out with “ a song I’ve performed a thousand times but never sung” Foot Of Canal Street. Thanks to Alex for the Threadhead love. And it was great seeing everybody on the zoom.
                          Hope this finds its way to YouTube!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post

I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post

We watch Alex's Tuesday night shows pretty regularly, and he said once he puts them up on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X