2021 Headliner Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Headliner Speculation

Isn’t it time to start guessing who will headline?

Dead Co seems to be already confirmed. Who else?

black Crowes
    Nathaniel Ratliff
    Doobbie Brothers
    Herbie Hancock

Dead & Co.
    Stevie Nicks
    Black Crowes
    Lumineers
    Avett Brothers
    Lizzo
    Erykah Badu
    Foo Fighters
    Jason Isbell
    Black Pumas
    Band of Horses
    Tame Impala

Comment

Not BNA's, but the usual local acts....

Galactic
      Irma
      Dumpstaphunk
      Revivalists
      Kermit
      Anders........

Comment

Originally posted by divatty1 View Post
        Dead & Co.
        Stevie Nicks
        Black Crowes
        Lumineers
        Avett Brothers
        Lizzo
        Erykah Badu
        Foo Fighters
        Jason Isbell
        Black Pumas
        Band of Horses
        Tame Impala
        The above, plus the Who, seems to be a very likely slate.

From tour schedules, Buffett also seems a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettM View Post

The above, plus the Who, seems to be a very likely slate.

From tour schedules, Buffett also seems a possibility.
          I'm counting on the Who as well. Just not sure if it will be Fall or next Spring. Daltrey is launching a tour soon, so my bet would be Spring. You better, you better, you bet !!

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

I'm counting on the Who as well. Just not sure if it will be Fall or next Spring. Daltrey is launching a tour soon, so my bet would be Spring. You better, you better, you bet !!
            Pete already spilled in Rolling Stone that the Who tour was set to begin at JazzFest-- It read like he meant in the fall. To my mind, Roger's hitting the road beforehand only makes it more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettM View Post

Pete already spilled in Rolling Stone that the Who tour was set to begin at JazzFest-- It read like he meant in the fall. To my mind, Roger's hitting the road beforehand only makes it more likely.
              I read that to say they would start the tour at Jazz Fest...next April.

Comment

I guess something good could come out of a Stevie Nicks appearance if The Immediate Family were to convene a night show. And who would rather see the Black Crowes tribute act over Blackberry Smoke, an actual band?

I'm wondering if Bob Seger will be on the bill this fall, or next spring. And it'll have to be next spring for American Aquarium, who will have the surprise hit of the year with their 90's country mix-tape album and will be playing clubs in the Netherlands during Fall-Fest.

My wild-card picks are Willie Nelson, and a Post Malone/Preservation Hall collab (this may not be the craziest idea I've ever had).
                Last edited by duende; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

I read that to say they would start the tour at Jazz Fest...next April.
                  You may well be right, since I see they're playing a UK tour in March. That would make the US a logical followup in April/May.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                    I guess something good could come out of a Stevie Nicks appearance if The Immediate Family were to convene a night show. And who would rather see the Black Crowes tribute act over Blackberry Smoke, an actual band?

I'm wondering if Bob Seger will be on the bill this fall, or next spring. And it'll have to be next spring for American Aquarium, who will have the surprise hit of the year with their 90's country mix-tape album and will be playing clubs in the Netherlands during Fall-Fest.

My wild-card picks are Willie Nelson, and a Post Malone/Preservation Hall collab (this may not be the craziest idea I've ever had).
                    I like the Willie Nelson pick and I think anyone on his outlaw tour would be a possibility

Sturgill simpson
                    Nat Ratliff
                    Margo Price
                    govt Mule
                    lizzo

Comment

Guns & Roses US tour ends Oct 3 in FL, then a month long gap before they head overseas. A first weekend Fairgrounds stop fits into that pretty well.
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                        Guns & Roses US tour ends Oct 3 in FL, then a month long gap before they head overseas. A first weekend Fairgrounds stop fits into that pretty well.

Not unless Live Nation gets the Fest, they pretty much own GnR at this point. And thanks to LN, nobody gets to see them for less than three digits.

Comment

Originally posted by divatty1 View Post
                          Dead & Co.
                          Stevie Nicks
                          Black Crowes
                          Lumineers
                          Avett Brothers
                          Lizzo
                          Erykah Badu
                          Foo Fighters
                          Jason Isbell
                          Black Pumas
                          Band of Horses
                          Tame Impala
                          Cross Band of Horses off the list I think, they just announced Oct 1 at the Fillmore NOLA.
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                            I just bought tickets to see the Immediate Family in Los Angeles in August!

Comment

So let's see, we have Dead & Co., Guns N' Roses, Black Crowes, Stevie Nicks and Bob Seger---All that's missing are REO Speedwagon, Hootie & the Blowfish and The New Radicals to bring the excitement to a fever pitch...

Comment

Working...
                              X