X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fessphan View Post

Anders FB said Sun 10th

Should a Dailies be it's own thread?
    Per FB John Papa Gros on Saturday the 9th, and Andrew Duhon is second Friday. I'm debating if I should explore the Black Pumas. Part of me wants to just go see them cold with no expectations and see/hear something completely new to me. Also lost in the shuffle of BNAs ---- Arturo Sandoval!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DownDaBayou View Post
      I don't see Black Pumas on the list. That' a major surprise and disappointment. I can see them doing the Filmore for a night show.
      Looks they are are already booked elsewhere for both Jazz Fest weekends. As we learned in 2019 when The Rolling Stones canceled, you can’t always get what you want! Considering the pandemic, I’m glad for the acts we are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
        I think H.E.R. will draw a large crowd and I'll be in it.
        I must say I have never heard of her.

Comment

Originally posted by nolalou View Post
          Looks they are are already booked elsewhere for both Jazz Fest weekends. As we learned in 2019 when The Rolling Stones canceled, you can’t always get what you want! Considering the pandemic, I’m glad for the acts we are getting.
          They are in Austin at ACL on the 8th, in Pa on the 12th, could easily play the 9th or the 10th. And unlike some bands they seem to have no problem playing night after night after night.

I'd actually rather they play at The Civic or Fillmore during the fest so they could play an entire set with lighting.
          Last edited by jjazznj; 06-24-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

H.E.R. was musical guest on SNL this year, she performed at the Oscars as well as now on a Amazon Prime music special. She can play guitar, sing and I thought she was really impressive. A little Prince in her approach, I thought; for what it is worth.

Comment

No Sonny, neither.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                No Sonny, neither.
                I wouldn’t worry too much on some “omissions” at this earlypoint.
                I know both Duhon and Gros are playing and are not listed in today’s announcement.
                I can’t imagine Cleary isn’t playing as well.
                they’ve never left this many acts out of the announcement before, but it’s a weird year.

Comment

Originally posted by fessphan View Post

Anders FB said Sun 10th

Should a Dailies be it's own thread?
                  Just announced! The Black Crowes will be headlining October 8 at one of our favorite festivals New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
                  Visit nojazzfest.com for ticket information. #jazzfest

Comment

Originally posted by 508tothe504 View Post
                    Not seeing Jon Cleary? Did the Art Neville tribute get bumped to 2022 because Aaron isn't playing the fall fest?
                    I had the same thought -- where the hell is Cleary? I am assuming there will be additions. I think the weekends are relatively balanced, but I like first weekend better, and we already booked for that since it was the only weekend we were going to be able to go anyway. I'm a huge Dead Head but Dead and Co. are my least favorite version of the post-Jerry bands featuring Weir. Would much rather see Ratdog. We will see what the grids look like. Anyone know what days the headliners will be playing first weekend?

Comment

Does anyone know why longtime Congo Square Weekend 2 closer, Frankie Beverly and Maze, are absent from the lineup???

Comment

There are hundreds more bands to be announced still, and the vast majority of them will be locals.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I guess Demi will bring in the youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by ice nine View Post
                            I guess Demi will bring in the youngsters.
                            I think she will be a big draw across age groups. She’s got huge epic pop songs.

Comment

Forgive me for the slight negativity Fich, but I must admit to being disappointed at the absence of Los Lobos, John Hiatt + Jerry Douglas, Steve Earle... all touring new material
                              Those were no-brainers for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Canine Horror View Post
                                Forgive me for the slight negativity Fich, but I must admit to being disappointed at the absence of Los Lobos, John Hiatt + Jerry Douglas, Steve Earle... all touring new material
                                Those were no-brainers for me.
                                I tend to agree with you.

at the risk of sullying my reputation

Comment

Working...
                                X