Fest Gate Hours - Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
    I’m happy about the early closing. My internal clock is always ready to leave fest before the day’s closer is over- not sure if it’s my clock telling me it’s time for rest and dinner, quiet time for what but I think this slightly earlier closing will agree with me quite well.
    I'm just happy they are having fest. Will absolutely miss the additional hour and 1-2 days of music we are missing ( middle thursday, my fav!) . We stay with friends 2 blocks from fest and tend to not go out after long fest day. Will miss that rhythm , but spring '22 only half year away at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post

Will miss that rhythm , but spring '22 only half year away at that point.
      I like the way you think.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
        I’m happy about the early closing. My internal clock is always ready to leave fest before the day’s closer is over- not sure if it’s my clock telling me it’s time for rest and dinner, quiet time for what but I think this slightly earlier closing will agree with me quite well.
        I'd be cool if they had kept the same duration by starting at 10, but we're early people and most at Fest are not, so this wouldn't happen.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Zasu in Mid City will be reopening the first or second week of September. For a while now it's just been private parties and Sat to-go dinners and asst items. Nothing going on in July as she is closing for renovations and vacations. Not sure about August.
          I was gonna ask the same question as Swag. Me and the buddies are doing both weekends, and Zasu is a must return spot for us. That first time, when we met you and you were our server and we met Chef Sue, was a great dining experience. The food was top notch and we cannot wait to book for a return visit this fall. Great to hear a reopen is happening and soonish in Sept!

Comment

Restaurants around town (including the one I work at) will be happy with the 6pm end time as festers can go out to eat earlier. They are always waiting for the later rush during Jazz Fest and many stay open an out later to get everyone in.
            Unfortunately, far too often restaurants are always waiting on Jazz Festers who don't honor their reservations!

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Any hints when y'all might reopen?
              Zasu (127 N Carrollton Ave, off Canal across the street from Venezia & Wallgreens) will finally be reopening next Wed night, 9/22 and will be open for dinner Wed-Sat for now, going back to Mon-Sat nights at some point down the road. I hope I still remember how to do this!

Comment

Zasu (127 N Carrollton Ave, off Canal across the street from Venezia & Wallgreens) will finally be reopening next Wed night, 9/22 and will be open for dinner Wed-Sat for now, going back to Mon-Sat nights at some point down the road. I hope I still remember how to do this!
                What's to remember? They pull up and roll down their window....you slide the screen open and say that will be $12.00 or whatever and hand them their bag(s).

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

What's to remember? They pull up and roll down their window....you slide the screen open and say that will be $12.00 or whatever and hand them their bag(s).

Good Luck.
                  $12.00 will not get you much at Zasu.

Comment

I'm booked for tomorrow and looking forward to it, though probably not as much as you're looking forward to getting back.
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

I'm booked for tomorrow and looking forward to it, though probably not as much as you're looking forward to getting back.
                      I am and I'm not. Just wish things were back to normal or at least where we were back in May aka no masks. Look forward to meeting you though.

Comment

Working...
                      X